A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

• 4 months later...

Came to this thread trying to understand what I was missing in BFT-10, ended up finding on my own.

Here it is :

1-

Waypoint coordinates (lat/long) are given in min/sec, and should be converted to min/dec before entering in the CDU.

This one seems not to be a big problem, I guess the trigger zones are big enough to account for the variation, but it can be a factor.

2-

Offset from bullseye seems to be given in geographic heading, and must be converted in magnetic before entering in the CDU (so 030° geo is ~024° mag @ Batumi).

I wonder if this is on purpose of if maybe magnetic declination was not in DCS at some time ?

Also (3)

About the violent aileron movement in manual reversion, seems to be a DCS bug when the A-10 is not loaded. Adding a TGP and a pair of cap AIM9 corrected the problem for me.

Hope it can help someone along the way.

Toutes les grandes personnes ont d'abord été des enfants, mais peu d'entre elles s'en souviennent.

Three Point Landing

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After 4 trys I gave up mission #3 - Traffic Patterns. It seems that I'm missing positioned triggers. After WP2 I flown HDG 260 at Angles 8 (which should be WP3) and there is no response, after passing WP3. After my self-induced turn inbound airfield (approx. 10 NM west of WP3, after looong waiting of response) there coming a text message (no voice-over) to ask Batumi for vectors.

Ok, after getting an rough vector to Batumi i centered the plane towards the runway at Angels 8. Over the threshold FE is calling "RWY is blocked" stay at pattern ALT between 200 - 250 knots at the upwind. At the other side of RWY he is calling turn HDG 040 at pattern Altitude... after this command I flown multiple times at this heading and there was no further advisory from the FE to continue towards Downwind.

As mentioned before - I tried this multiple times and always I have big trigger issues.

That does sound like the triggers are not working for you (especially if you are overlying the waypoints in the flight plan as the trigger zones are centered on those waypoints).

I recommend a DCS Repair or uninstall and download and install a fresh copy of the campaign.

Also you can compare your flight to

to see what's different or post a trk file and we can take a look at it.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Having completed the BFT Campaign recently - i found on one or two occasions that overflying an earlier Waypoint would trigger a recycled "speech action" from earlier - but that continuing with the flight it didn't impact anything and subsequent speech/instructions/triggers proceeded normally and it was possible to complete the mission unhindered...

What may have happened here is that you've passed a waypoint from your previous circuit pattern at an appropriate speed/heading/altitude and its activated the "speech" continuing outbound then turning north may well have allowed you to complete the mission...

Airbag_signatur.png

That does sound like the triggers are not working for you (especially if you are overlying the waypoints in the flight plan as the trigger zones are centered on those waypoints).

I recommend a DCS Repair or uninstall and download and install a fresh copy of the campaign.

Also you can compare your flight to

to see what's different or post a trk file and we can take a look at it.

Alright! Thanks for your answer. Well, when I re-install the campaign, that means, i have to do all previous missions again?

What may have happened here is that you've passed a waypoint from your previous circuit pattern at an appropriate speed/heading/altitude and its activated the "speech" continuing outbound then turning north may well have allowed you to complete the mission...

Yeah, at my 3rd run I tried this, but unfortunately FE aborted the PO because I diverted from the last given heading of 040 (Crosswind). After three calls that I have to keep this heading he aborted. :-D

Edited by Flyingsix

Alright! Thanks for your answer. Well, when I re-install the campaign, that means, i have to do all previous missions again?

No it should stay at the last mission you played unless you select RESTART on the Campaign menu.

You can manually edit your logbook to bypass missions or put the campaign at a certain mission if necessary.

• 2 months later...

With the upgraded cockpit texture for the A-10C, I got the maple campaign during the recent dcs sales. It has been fun and really a time to relearn a number things about the aircraft and proper flight procedures.

I noticed London airfiled is listed in the ATC menu as one of the airfield.

Is this a bug?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That's a FARP deployed somewhere on the MAP.

The comms include all airfields that could be contacted and we had added a FARP (or two) for some Helo work in the background.

As we update the campaign with the new voice overs we will review some of the earlier design decisions and may choose to clean them up if they don't have a direct impact on the mission.

That's a FARP deployed somewhere on the MAP.

The comms include all airfields that could be contacted and we had added a FARP (or two) for some Helo work in the background.

As we update the campaign with the new voice overs we will review some of the earlier design decisions and may choose to clean them up if they don't have a direct impact on the mission.

Great.

This is a solid training campaign for the A-10C.

I would like to know if something of this type of campaign can be made for the FA-18C Hornet in the NTTR.

Looking forward to your future work.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 1 month later...

If you get really annoyed at the guy in the jeep failing you for missing a switch or something, you can use the gun to blow the jeep to bits. Just rearm and load gun ammo, arm master and gun switches and arm the ground test switch way over on the left rear of the cockpit. You have to nudge the Hog slightly to the left to hit the jeep.

I just picked this campaign up along with the advanced one and I'm on mission 4 so far and I'm loving it! Great work Sabre :thumbup:

Th A10-C was my first module way back when I first got into DCS and I haven't flown it for a while but as the Warthog 2 is on it's way - and I'm definitely a mud mover at heart and prefer ground attack over modern Air to Air - I thought I would brush the dust of the old Hog again, and I'm having a blast with it. After spending a while flying the Hornet with part completed systems and lots of bugs (EA I know!) it's great to fly a completed module with so much detail again.

This campaign reminds me of way back when I was doing my PPL with an instructor bellowing in my ear to fly accurately, maintain altitude, heading and speed, watch that nose drop in the turn, fly circuits accurately etc etc etc. Something we all forget to do when blasting about on a MP server with the sky as our playground, it's so easy to forget how to fly accurately, but with practice it once again becomes second nature to do it.

So.... many thanks for this brilliant campaign, I'm really looking forward to completing it and then moving onto the advanced, and tactical ones. I'm learning heaps! :D

EDIT :- The new remastered A10-C cockpit is just beautiful, should look even better with a bit of weathering on it when the Warthog 2 releases.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 6 months later...

Trying to contact ATC to get clearance on startup.

Set radios to correct frequencies

Turn radios on

Turn battery on

turn inverter on

Press back slash

cannot highlight batumi

In fact all the airports are inaccessible

EDIT: NEED APU GEN PWR!

Edited by skypickle
figured it out

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Mission3

The mission brief says to follow the Instructor's commands. He says in the beginning 'meet you at waypoint 2 at Angel's 8. I successfully get airborne and follow Capt Sabre tooth's instructions in the pattern. I keep getting instructions from him but he never tells me to leave the pattern. I looked carefully at the diagram in the mission brief-you are supposed to leave the pattern at 45 degrees and climb to 8000ft to go to waypt 2.

After going around a bunch of times, I just decided to go to waypt 2 on my own. I navigated to waypt 2. Then the instructor tells me to get a heading from Batumi. I return to Batumi, re-enter the pattern but I am never cleared to land. In fact I see Sabre land. I go around a few more times, always in the pattern. The tower says they have me on visual. But the never respond to my request for landing. Finally I decide to land when the runway is clear. As I am on approach the tower THEN clears me for landing. I land and then the instructor tells me to park. I park and he tells me I have 2 minutes to shutdown. I shutdown and then..... crickets. He never speaks to me again. I wait in the aircraft for 15 minutes, nothing. I quit the mission, Score 0 Results 50. ????

I think the details in the mission are good. In fact, I wish the instructor had some AI based on GPT3 so I could ask him a question or two in flight - like when he'd like me to turn, when to go to waypt2 , etc. I understand the difficulty in scripting a mission that requires certain triggers to be met. Perhaps you, Sabre, could sketch out the important points that I have to hit to get the mission to proceed as you envisioned it.

Without seeing your actual flight plan it's hard to say why some of the trigger zones didn't activate.

The trigger zones are close to the waypoints so if you fly the flight plan directly then you should hit the trigger zones.

My guess is maybe the turns are not sharp enough taking you off the flight plan and missing the zones.

We are updating the missions with new voice overs so we will check the zones and see if we can make them larger to reduce the risk of missing them.

You can compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video as his example is still relevant with the current trigger zones:

Thank you for your reply Sabre. I guess I am just ignorant of traffic patterns. The brief showed the A10 taking off towards the mountains, away from the sea. But recon Stuart does the opposite, takes off towards the sea and then just heads for WP3. I thought I was supposed to enter the pattern immediately and just stay there until told to go to WP3.

The diagram is showing the pattern after you have entered it from the straight in approach.

First you need to takeoff - fly to WP 2 then turn left toward WP 3 and get an approach vector for Batumi.

Reduce altitude and enter the pattern at pattern altitude when you are about 10 miles out.

If you fly the waypoints directly then the mission should complete even if you don't get the voice triggers from the FE.

The triggers are centered around the waypoints but we will see if we can make them more forgiving.

Very nice I'm looking forward to running these again with the A-10C II.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 month later...