Are 2.5 release and 2.5(.1) basically the same now, only with updates lagging?

majapahit

If different I then would install a 2.5 release version also

If basically the same (for a while now) then why should I?

?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hello, yes like Eldur said.

Also you can update to 2.5.1 from 2.5.0 or revert from 2.5.1 to 2.5.0 using the updater. see the post skatezilla made on the guides and toutorals section

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t understand the replies here. 2.5 release and 2.5.1 open beta most definitely are different.

2.5 is the ‘stable release’, and 2.5.1 is the beta we are reporting bugs on.

If you want a ‘stable release’, then you do need a separate install from the beta.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The two builds are just close together at the moment in development, hopefully this will change soon moving forward. If you need to switch versions to the beta for the coming hornet and don't want two separate installs because of room etc.

You can switch any DCS build back and forth to any build, I have made a post HERE with pictures explaining all the different methods to do this.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

The release and OB builds are always close together. Usually, the OB build is released and if no major issues are reported then in a couple of weeks, that becomes the release version.

Nothing is different to the norm at the moment.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

How do you update a stable version to an open beta I tried everything short of downloading open beta from the web sir]te to include the update link in the start menu and thru skatezilla’s app

I looked for beta update checkboxes but couldn’t find it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

How do you update a stable version to an open beta I tried everything short of downloading open beta from the web sir]te to include the update link in the start menu and thru skatezilla’s app

I looked for beta update checkboxes but couldn’t find it

BlacleyCole,

I have made a post HERE with pictures explaining ALL the different methods to change DCS Versions. It's under the advanced option in SkateZilla's Updater Utility see picture here.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If different I then would install a 2.5 release version also

If basically the same (for a while now) then why should I?

?

The two versions are 2.5.0 (Release) and 2.5.1 Beta. They are definitely different, which is precisely what the version numbers denote. If you mine a little deeper, you can see that even more version numbers are tacked onto the end of 2.5.* which denote exactly which build you are using. The third digit will only really change with a major change. The devil is always in the detail.