JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Not exactly. If they won't update, people will ask and ask and ask, which also creates publicity.

It will also cause your potential customers to get irritated with you, but it looks like they just gave us a small update :)

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

I am currently holding off on the purchase of F-16 because I want to get my hands on the JF-17 instead, however if it is not coming this year and F-16 offers something unique in payload to what FA-18 can carry then I will have to put JF-17 on back burner for a while.

Without updates, I will not hold blind faith and wait for too long.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I am currently holding off on the purchase of F-16 because I want to get my hands on the JF-17 instead, however if it is not coming this year and F-16 offers something unique in payload to what FA-18 can carry then I will have to put JF-17 on back burner for a while.

I'd say the JF-17 has a good chance of making it this year, now I don't have inside information but what I can say it they were targeting summer for EA this January. So I don't know how far behind they are schedule wise, but I'd say it has a good shot of releasing this year. Maybe before the F-16, but that is looking slim. But I think the JF-17 will be more feature complete on release than the F-16 so that weighs in too.

I personally hope they can get it out before the F-16 for business reasons, but I imagine it will be a favorite of many even if they don't get it out before the F-16 if it is made to high standards.

The F-16C is scheduled for Autumn, in my opinion, not early fall so they still have time for release the JF-17. I hope we'll have it before the end of July, mid-August :D

As much as I'd love for it to be soon, my money is on September/October as reasonable expectations it will either be released or we will have data on release date not to far from then.

Anyone I speak with talks down on this aircraft compared with F-16. Are there any benefits to this module when compared with EDs F-16?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Anyone I speak with talks down on this aircraft compared with F-16. Are there any benefits to this module when compared with EDs F-16?

Unless ED decides to add the AGM-158 to the planned F-16 stores the JF-17 will have the edge over the Viper when it comes to standoff weapons with it's CM-802AKG.

The JF-17 cockpit is also a much more modern one with 3 large MFDs and a lot less clutter compared to that of the F-16.

As much as I'd love for it to be soon, my money is on September/October as reasonable expectations it will either be released or we will have data on release date not to far from then.

I'll be amazed if its actually this year.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'll be amazed if its actually this year.

I've been under the impression they've got a lot done, at the end of the day its only a guess from me. Whenever it releases, I just want it released in a good state. Obviously we all want it soon, just not rushed.

As it stands currently, the PL-12 is looking to be the better A2A missile than what is currently the DCS aim-120. Now a lot can change, but the PL-12 appears to be hitting what people think the aim-120 "should" do while the DCS aim-120 is massively under performing (40-60%) in a straight line compared to what those people think. PL-12 was like 5% better than what people think the aim-120 "should" do. Real world, they are considered quite comparable, so it would likely come down to tactics if they were to change the modeling of either missile. I imagine the aim-120 will be improved in the future as it undergoes certain changes with the F-18.

This is what I've referenced to what people think the aim-120 "should" do

http://www.zaretto.com/sites/zaretto.com/files/missile-aerodynamic-data/AIM120C5-Performance-Assessment-rev2.pdf

Man... they allready said on facebook that JF17 was coming this summer... and in last "https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245066" tiny news... They said they were hard working but still confident about the outcome.

Deka JF17 is first module. Instead ED who we put our trust in, and can tease barely done module, and get it out with 10% of its ability.

Here JF17 will came out almost full...

And i personnally don't care about F16C release ETA... Because it will take at least 6month to a year to get something enjoyable (like the hornet so i will stick with my hornet until F16 is more advanced. JF17 is supposed to came almost full.

Deka is chinese studio, and they definitely don't have same policy of a "hard working day" compare to eagle dynamics. Also, i guess they give a ETA, they will stick to it no matter what.

No news is better than ED policy for F18C when they used to tease us 2/4 time a week about how wonderfull it was, and finally when it came out, everyone was disapointed.

They are doing same about F16C. They work like this.

On the same hand, Heatblur was very quiet too, posting some news every 2/3 month and they still manage to give us the tomcat almost complete (at least for B version). Deka sound the same, working in the shadow to deliver great work instead making lot of noise for nothing ;)

No news is better than ED policy for F18C when they used to tease us 2/4 time a week about how wonderfull it was, and finally when it came out, everyone was disapointed.

Please, refrain from spreading inaccurate information.

ED said since day one that the Hornet would come with basic functions at release and then functionalities will be added in the following months. At this time they've done exactly what they said even if some people think they're not fast enough to deliver, the module has been released only a year ago. ED has already said they were going to follow the same process with the Viper, basic functions at launch and upgrades as soon as they're ready.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

And i personnally don't care about F16C release ETA... Because it will take at least 6month to a year to get something enjoyable (like the hornet so i will stick with my hornet until F16 is more advanced. JF17 is supposed to came almost full.

Deka is chinese studio, and they definitely don't have same policy of a "hard working day" compare to eagle dynamics. Also, i guess they give a ETA, they will stick to it no matter what.

On the same hand, Heatblur was very quiet too, posting some news every 2/3 month and they still manage to give us the tomcat almost complete (at least for B version). Deka sound the same, working in the shadow to deliver great work instead making lot of noise for nothing ;)

No need complain ED/3rd party devs plans.

Setting milstones like ED is very nice too.

Developments have their own laws: time-consuming and laborious

Deka guys are not full time developers, every hour counts, so we'd like be quiet to save more time for coding.

As you can see, I wrote all this at 03:15 AM:)

Edited by L0op8ack

No need complain ED/3rd party devs plans.

Setting milstones like ED is very nice too.

Developments have their own laws: time-consuming and laborious

Deka guys are not full time developers, every hour counts, so we'd like be quiet to save more time for coding.

Sorry if you mis understand me. i wasn't complaining about deka or your work or your dev status. I was only pointing the fact that JF17 is supposed to come full/almost full compare to ED who sold their plane and update it adding more feature.

So my point was to say that going quiet is not surprising when you are approaching your final ETA because, as it's Deka's first module, pressure must be high.

Eagle dynamics devs, compare to Deka are for what i know, employes at full time while Deka do this on free time? If i understand you well?

And

ED said since day one that the Hornet would come with basic functions at release and then functionalities will be added in the following months.
As you said it yourself, i was expecting following month... Not following years. Now they are teasing for F16C wich will take time... I feel like, F18 is dropped for F16 to rush it and sell it in "autumn" on the same 'WIP' patern than Hornet. Razbam is kinda doing the same with rushing F15E and Mig 23 while Mig 19, harrier, and Mirage are still in rework/work. And ED blame them for that asking them to first finish their module.

I only wish ED finish first their module too, then announce new stuff. Add to this the fact that even if they are reworking source code as they add feature to the hornet, they didn't choose wisely their priority. Giving JSOW and JDAM before targeting pod or LTWS working wasn't strategic. As well as Broken AIM7 since Hornet release or its radar glitch. I love hornet, but clearly, there is some stuff that still need work.

And i won't talk about bad Release timeframe. I understand that bugs may happen but Matt Wagner announced TGP for June fall... And yet, here we are not TGP July fall...

So Deka. Keep your mind focus, i love you for that, give use release date when you are ready, no rush at all.

No false hope needed. From what we see, news are starting to fall. That great, it mean you feel confident enough now :) I will keep F5 until release date :p

JF 17 is a reaaaally cool addition to the game, opening the door to more "Red" planes and more chinese stuff. Since it's hard to get Russian planes added in game, i hope to see more of your work (btw kinda fast, only 2 year hard working for JF... pretty impressive), whatever your next moove is :)

Btw... Just to be clear... I love ED work, and i know they can get enthousiastic and optimistic (i'm supporting star citizen project, i know whats waiting is and WIP is) and i will gladly take f16 when we have at least a full armement list (since the list change and they took off the sniper pod and some other cool stuff... meh). But in my opinion. ED could have waited a bit and release it more advanced than Basic. (at least giving it DL, radar full function working avoiding us waiting 6month to get one of ZE feature of the plane :) )

• 2 weeks later...