Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

The gCameraViewAngleLimitsare not applied to all planes I listed (views.lua list) except for the Harrier. They can just be adjusted via those views.lua files, but in the most recent versions of DCS the modules get disabled as soon as those files are present (=not flyable anymore, as if not being owned). They didn't pass the MP IC for years, but that never really bothered me. So, this comes down to:

All planes listed above have "gCameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000, 140.000000}", no matter what I set in user\Config\View\Server.lua (your file from p69 of this thread). They needed the exact files listed above to change the angles which now disables the modules. Single exception is the Harrier which doesn't get disabled, but then doesn't pass the MP IC (just like all the others pre-Update 4). The other planes that I did not list get the Angle limits given in Views.lua.

My assumption is that the Views.lua files override the Server.lua settings which shouldn't be like that. All that must be related to the recent StarForce changes and there's the reason the Harrier still behaves like before since it uses a different DRM method.

Initially when I found your hints and files I thought this would give me the possibility to set the FOV limits for all planes so I could leave the Views.luas as default (and pass the IC). I don't know if this had been the case in previous versions. At least now it seems to be no help for me. I'd appreciate consistent settings all across DCS and that includes FOV limits from 30° to 90° for me. I hope it's more clear now. BIGNEWY already "highlighted it to ED", so maybe this will get fixed soon, but I hoped we can get a workaround without having to wait for ED to rework the settings handling (best would be a user setting in the options GUI within the given limits of 20°-140° that are never overridden by any module file or serverside configs).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just found a way to set the zoom directly to certain view angles with a keypress, so a change of the limits is just needed to limit an axis which also can roughly be done by playing with the deadzone and X/Y sat values.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3435168&postcount=35

The values calculated are based on the view angle range. Min angle (20°) is -1 and max angle (140°) is 1. The formula to get the appropriate value is:

f(x) = (x-20) / 60 - 1 where x is the angle in ° twilightsmile.png

So I could solve my problem and can revert to the normal 20°-140° limits and set my fav angles directly.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm quite puzzled. I tried Harrier, Mirage, Viggen, F-5, Mi-8 and the settings from Server.lua stored in user folder did work. I'm running the latest 2.5 open beta.

Maybe I could get the point when checking the original view files?

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this descibes it better:

Snapviews.lua and server.lua from User folder "overrides" the settings from snapviewsdefaul.lua and server.lua from DCS folder. But the modules that have separated view.lua files (mig21 included) if you add sections for them... they are ignored.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2898557&postcount=22

But again, I've got a pretty good solution for my case, so I'm fine now fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Maybe this descibes it better:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2898557&postcount=22

But again, I've got a pretty good solution for my case, so I'm fine now fsgrin.png

I get the point - I mean that there are modules with a dedicated view.lua file (stored in DCS, module dedicated folder). I did actually use those files to copy the view settings into the server.lua file.

However I still fail to understand what is exatly wrong as at least the head position, min/max FOV, 6DOF limits, view angles limitatios seem to work. Also the default FOV stored in the snap views file is applied correctly.

The only module for which there is a special case is the Mi-8 where the max FOV can be set in the user options. In all of the other cases, including the MiG-21 thanks to using the server.lua stored in user folder I have exactly the same min/max FOV settings (and thanks to snapviews.lua the same default FOV).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 1 month later...

Server.lua doesn't seem to work in 2.5.2 OB. Even tried

gEyePoint = {5, 8, 0.00}

But nothing.

Also tried to change the limits_6DOF for the Mi-8 but it didn't work.

The SnapViews.lua seems to work though (tested above with and without SnapViews.lua)

All of this worked in 1.5.7.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Server.lua doesn't seem to work in 2.5.2 OB. Even tried

gEyePoint = {5, 8, 0.00}

But nothing.

Also tried to change the limits_6DOF for the Mi-8 but it didn't work.

The SnapViews.lua seems to work though (tested above with and without SnapViews.lua)

All of this worked in 1.5.7.

Yeap. Nott everything seems to be working/overwriting the modules view.lua settings. Some like the CameraViewAngleLimits (FOV) is still working fine.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have files updated for Yak?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

• 1 month later...

The view position is wrong for VR and A-10C. Does anyone have a fix for that?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay quick question. Does anyone have a list of servers in either stable or open beta that allow this mod? I've become spoiled by it. I can't fly certain aircraft with the default settings anymore. A-10C being top on that list.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

Okay quick question. Does anyone have a list of servers in either stable or open beta that allow this mod? I've become spoiled by it. I can't fly certain aircraft with the default settings anymore. A-10C being top on that list.

Basically any server should support it as its nothing more than a client configuration. The only reason for the "mod" not working are the mission creator view settings stored in the mission file. This can be any mission - a multiplier one run on a server or a single player like even a training.

As it's a mission related setting it's not possible to create a list of servers. Quite often a server mission rotation will contain a clean missions and another where the user view settings are overwritten from the mission (with stored creator view settings). The only way to solve the issue is to contact the server admin and let him know about the problem as for the most part he'll not notice the difference (it's his view settings stored in the mission). I think the reason why the user settings are stored in a mission is linked to one of the options - can't remember its name but it's something related to enforcing same view settings over all missions. IMO ED should consider removing this option.

Have a look on the "Troubleshooting missions" section: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

I used to run this procedure to fix the training missions on my PC.

• 4 weeks later...
Well I was wondering because I get kicked off of some servers when I use it. Probably fails the integrity check. As soon as I disable it, I can join just fine.

Are you injecting it into your main game installation through JSGME or similar. That is where integrity checks take place. You should have it under your Saved Games folder structure (can't remember exactly where) which is not vetted.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

GUYS sorry to bother you, is there any update of this mod for the f18?

or is there a file that can be used for all planes??

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

GUYS sorry to bother you, is there any update of this mod for the f18?

or is there a file that can be used for all planes??

See firmek’s post from 5/31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

See firmek’s post from 5/31

thanks but where do I have to place those files?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

thanks but where do I have to place those files?

See post #1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F-14 added. I don't have MiG-19 so view settings for it are missing. SnapViews.lua obviously optional (both files use preset of FOV to 97 deg).

Server.lua

SnapViews.lua