MOD buildings and clouds mod ???

I hope so. Default clouds are like bitmap crops rotating as the camera moves. Totally unrealistic. The only ugly thing with the new graphics engine

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

1. Go to DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Effects

2. Open clouds.lua (use notepad++)

3. Go to line 3 and change enabled = false to enabled = true

4. Remember these new clouds eat fps like crazy because they are still wip.

You could show notepad, exactly how to do it please pic which lines are to change?

DCS World OpenBeta/Config/Effects/clouds.lua

open clouds.lua

can you see the green line

change the false to true that is all

make a backup

Changing this entry and improve the appearance of realistic clouds will have a big impact on the decrease FPS liquidity Dcs?

I saw the new wip clouds but I want to beleive that those clouds are on very early step on wip because the current clouds are way better than wip ones, only they have transparency problem. and as we on wip, new clouds have the same problem.

but it is good to know that they are wip:)

Edited by archer86

I do not know what you mean, what a slide show?

EXTREMELY low frame rate.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

as i see this is an nvidia related problem unfortunately - several nvidia users wrote that low frame rate thing

i have 60+ FPS with my amd gfx card when i change to those new wip clouds (same FPS with old clouds), sorry

I have noticed this too, R9 380 4gb card and those clouds hardly affect my overall FPS, nvidia users on the otherhand seem to suffer badly.

P.S: make sure you see best quality clouds set ["clouds"] = 3, in options.lua.

as i see this is an nvidia related problem unfortunately - several nvidia users wrote that low frame rate thing

i have 60+ FPS with my amd gfx card when i change to those new wip clouds (same FPS with old clouds), sorry

Well, first of all i have an AMD card... Could be i'm having trouble with 2 gb vram..Nothing nvidia related.. Sorry.

I have noticed this too, R9 380 4gb card and those clouds hardly affect my overall FPS, nvidia users on the otherhand seem to suffer badly.

Oh Mustang you have explain this to me :) while i had clouds=2 so i changed to 3 and enabled new clouds..

Initial impression is yes i have a fps hit but not a slideshow...

How come?

i can't get it.

my in-sim gui options/settings are totally different than what i see in the options.lua.

not only resolution but everything :dunno: why ?

sign-pic4.jpg