Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

I do not understand this inconsistency. Why add something to a game that is supposed to be realistic, when it does not exist?

Ok ED, please give us R-27EA back, at least that missile actually existed.

People on the Russian forum dont like it either, but i personally dont mind because ka50 was so expiremental. As long as ED doesnt do this kind of think to other pruduction aircraft, which they most likely wont.

From what I'm reading here the Ka-50 features a lot of 'Lego' anyway, so I don't mind some leeway. I for one am looking forward to a third pylon.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Yeah, this thing was never really "released", and suffered from just being basically left behind through the years. So, I imagine that if it had been really built, and brought up to modern standards, we would have seen a lot of what is currently on the Ka-52. Including FLIR. Come on, ED.

Was really hoping for added FLIR above the other chnges sad.gif

Ka-50N, Ka-50sh. Don't know why they aren't starting there.

I still have a lot of questions about whether ED's Shkval is realistic or not. Is Russian EO that bad, and is ED's Shkval being realistically simulated? If so, Ok. Well, that's realism. But it seems a LOT worse than Western EO tech, on say, the A-10C. And no FLIR? I guess if the EO is that bad in daylight, maybe FLIR is beyond Russian tech.

It's the bad EO right now, not being able to lock up air targets, that is forcing us into using Iglas. Heli's are very hard to lock, and fighters are just impossible.

Ok ED, please give us R-27EA back, at least that missile actually existed.

Well, that sucks. Hope it's allowed back in the sim. That should be up to server operators whether they wish to allow it or not. I'm all for everything that's real, powerful or not.

Reminds me of when they bork machine guns in FPS games, because their afraid someone might complain.

x

Edited by 3WA

Heh, yeah, I've tried that with air targets. Doesn't work well.

Of course not... but the comment was about whether or not you can shoot stuff at night with a KA50... Where did the A2A come from? and yeah... I've tried it too... It doesn't work great but it's completely beside my point.

I mean... I specifically said "As long as the target doesn't move".

I was talking about a KA-52 data linking a target to a KA-50 at night, the KA-50 pointing at that target and killing it without ever actually seeing it.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Раз пошла такая пьянка, то может быть и теплак с Ка-50Н / Ш поставите? ;)

Нет. По нему нет совсем никакой информации.

Since such a desicion went, can it have FLIR from Ka-50N / Ш? ;)

None. There is absolutely no information on it.

Yeah, a valid point, but it doesn't do much good if all you can hit are stationary targets. Most targets move, and most of those, rapidly

Please re-read my post and the post I was replying to.

You can still hit things that move. Not Air targets... but seriously... That's not really what we're going after anyway.

Either way... My point was that someone mentioned that there's no point in a KA-50/52 combo at night when the 50 doesn't have any night/thermal/etc vision. That's not true. It has a data link. The KA52 can target and then D/L... then the KA-50 can destroy.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Yeah, this thing was never really "released", and suffered from just being basically left behind through the years. So, I imagine that if it had been really built, and brought up to modern standards, we would have seen a lot of what is currently on the Ka-52. Including FLIR. Come on, ED.

Ka-50N, Ka-50sh. Don't know why they aren't starting there.

I still have a lot of questions about whether ED's Shkval is realistic or not. Is Russian EO that bad, and is ED's Shkval being realistically simulated? If so, Ok. Well, that's realism. But it seems a LOT worse than Western EO tech, on say, the A-10C. And no FLIR? I guess if the EO is that bad in daylight, maybe FLIR is beyond Russian tech.

It's the bad EO right now, not being able to lock up air targets, that is forcing us into using Iglas. Heli's are very hard to lock, and fighters are just impossible.

Well, that sucks. Hope it's allowed back in the sim. That should be up to server operators whether they wish to allow it or not. I'm all for everything that's real, powerful or not.

Reminds me of when they bork machine guns in FPS games, because their afraid someone might complain.

x

The Ka-50 is 1980s tech. The A-10C we have is an early 2000s upgrade.... so yeah... 20+ years makes a difference @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Just flew it again for a while.

The coptor just feels too old, and doesn't fit on a modern battlefield. This is why it gets slaughtered by AH-1W and Apache. The EO sucks, no FLIR. The two worst problems. It needs an UPGRADE.

Unless ED fixes the EO / adds FLIR, I'm still kind of MEH on spending money on a BS3, which I still consider to be an experimental helicopter.

Edited by 3WA

This thread has been a classic example of how the internet works.

2 people repeat over and over (truly ad nauseum) their own mistaken belief that:

1/ The Ka-50 only ever existed as an experimental precursor to the Ka-52 that was dropped by the Russian military because of its single cockpit (despite being repeatedly told that there are 15 - 16 examples in service today - Does the fact there were only ever 21 B2 built mean they were never taken into production ?)

&

2/ The Ka-50 at some stage had a variant with 3 pylons - despite having absolutely no evidence of this beyond a failure of imagination regarding an unexplained switch position label in the cockpit.

& eventually so many people have read what they say that their statements become evidence of their own truth, and a myth begins....

By E.D.'s own admission, a Ka-50 with 3 pylons or with mounted Igla is an imaginary airplane. Not a little known experimental version of the Ka-50, just an exercise in imagination.

I don't understand how a community so nit picky about details, and that can argue so strenuously against flight aids as 'cheats', are so happy that E.D. have decided to build a fantasy version of the aircraft because it will make flying it so much more fun....

It's not a simulation of something if the thing its simulating is imaginary, and a 3 pylon Ka-50 with IGLA is an imaginary aircraft (either something Chizh just wanted to do 'cause he liked the idea, or the 'least' imaginary thing E.D. could think of to add the existing module to tempt people into buying another version & so fund the upgrade on the existing Black Shark module).

Cheers.

After playing for a few hours today, I am reminded of how bad the EO is. And I wonder is it supposed to be this bad? Is this how bad Russian EO is? I doubt that.

Tired of arguing over this mess for now.

And this is the only battle worthy copter in the sim.

Edited by 3WA

doesn't fit on a modern battlefield.

Who says it has to fit into your imaginary modern battle field? Does the spitfire or A-10A fit into your modern battle field? If you cant be effective in the KA-50, go train, get more practice because i can guarantee you most people can be. Are you not happy you get your fantasy imaginary make believe 3rd pylon now? Maybe we can add hellfires and mavericks to the KA too? That would be pretty handy in the "modern battle field". :doh:

Yeah, people like me just want something more modern. And that EO just grinds on my nerves. Can't even lock up a slow heli against a clear sky. 1980's tech and realistic? Or just badly simulated?

And when you've got 4 AH-1Ws coming at you and your wingie, you need to be able to lock fast! :p

Beginning to realize there are just too many problems with it. Too much of it. Burning out. Think I'm going to take this to the Russian thread where the ED people seem to be.

Edited by 3WA

2 people repeat over and over (truly ad nauseum) their own mistaken belief that:

1/ The Ka-50 only ever existed as an experimental precursor to the Ka-52 that was dropped by the Russian military because of its single cockpit (despite being repeatedly told that there are 15 - 16 examples in service today - Does the fact there were only ever 21 B2 built mean they were never taken into production ?)

&

2/ The Ka-50 at some stage had a variant with 3 pylons - despite having absolutely no evidence of this beyond a failure of imagination regarding an unexplained switch position label in the cockpit.

& eventually so many people have read what they say that their statements become evidence of their own truth, and a myth begins....

By E.D.'s own admission, a Ka-50 with 3 pylons or with mounted Igla is an imaginary airplane. Not a little known experimental version of the Ka-50, just an exercise in imagination.

I don't understand how a community so nit picky about details, and that can argue so strenuously against flight aids as 'cheats', are so happy that E.D. have decided to build a fantasy version of the aircraft because it will make flying it so much more fun....

It's not a simulation of something if the thing its simulating is imaginary, and a 3 pylon Ka-50 with IGLA is an imaginary aircraft (either something Chizh just wanted to do 'cause he liked the idea, or the 'least' imaginary thing E.D. could think of to add the existing module to tempt people into buying another version & so fund the upgrade on the existing Black Shark module).

+100500!

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

&

This.

&

Exactly.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Yeah, people like me just want something more modern. And that EO just grinds on my nerves. Can't even lock up a slow heli against a clear sky. 1980's tech and realistic? Or just badly simulated?

And when you've got 4 AH-1Ws coming at you and your wingie, you need to be able to lock fast! :p

Beginning to realize there are just too many problems with it. Too much of it. Burning out. Think I'm going to take this to the Russian thread where the ED people seem to be.

Why are you trying to dogfight attack helis in the first place, especially ones that can equip sidewinders? Your vikhrs... vs their sidewinders. One is a poorly suited improv, the other is purpose built... you're surprised it's inferior? Really?

Also, you should watch the recent online helo competitions. People seem to use them fine there ;) Skillz, maybe?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Haven't flown KA-50 for years but set up a quick mission approaching 4x AH-1W's. You can easy get a lock at 7-8km, i waxed two of them while they were hot. The other two started going cold (turned away), i waxed the 3rd at a perpendicular angle, then the forth while in retreat at 4km. :music_whistling::music_whistling:

Screen_190614_164212_zps3xbaeomz.png

Screen_190614_164217_zpsxdigcfn5.png

Screen_190614_164217_zpsxdigcfn5.png

3WA, i can post the miz file if you would like to practice. Trick with locking air targets is reduce the tracking gates to the smallest size, this is just the habit i been in but from memory opening the tracking gates gave me lock up issues.

Switching weapon mode to manual will also be an advantage especially if the targets hot/ high closure speed. :)

Since the Igla missiles seem to be planned to be included in the updated variant (IIRC), I wonder if they can be mounted asymmetrically on one of the outer pylons together with Vikhr missiles? E.g. Like the early Ka-52 was shown with R-73 and Vikhrs (although, that was just a static display so doesn't prove anything).

In that case, the outer pylons weapon selection option would I guess select the Vikhr missiles and the A2A option would select the Iglas.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!