DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

I have added them to the first post. They are also on the DCS website. Looking sexy!! :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Cool !

Does anybody knows more about the avionics ,

From what I see I'm afraid, like in the Mi-8, that we'll miss a VOR/RSBN for proper IFR operations, looks like an ILS though on the ADI which is great and the RMI seems to be able to switch between ADF and VORs... I know Russians and VOR is a tricky story but still it really misses in DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• ED Team
L-39 is not great Co-Op aircraft. You literally can't do anything with the other pilot in it that other can't do.

L-39 is a great co-op aircraft if you use it for its intended purpose - flight training, with instructor in the back seat. IMO trainers should be free instead of Su-25T/TF-51, or at least available to fly in for free as long as there's an instructor with a license in the back seat, because that would open it to its intended purpose - an introductory platform for players that are new to flight sims in general.

From Russian forum :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4241126&postcount=2420

Mi-24 scheduled for Autumn 2020...(News from PilotMi8 who is working on the project)...

We have just to cross our fingers...a few more months to wait.

Let's be positive and optimistic :thumbup:

Shouldn't be said "scheduled" but instead as "targeted", as other is well known process, while other is more about wanted time with unknown factors to achieve it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Only 25 units of Mi-24VP was made, according to Wikipedia.

Maybe not the most well-known variant?

Maybe VM or VN would be better?

Mi-24VM is Mi-35M, so too modern.

It includes 16 Ataka missiles, IGLA-V, new thermal and targeting systems etc etc. Basically a Mi-28 in the Mi-24 fuselage.

The VP would be more for a era and regardless it's produced in small numbers, it was the need for better cannon. I don't see it to be much more expensive to make and so on charge big money after Mi-24P.

Still considering how in DCS environment 12.7mm is very effective against trucks and especially infantry, while pilot could always use rockets and 23mm gunpods against other targets, while gunner uses missiles against armors.

Sure P is always better for single pilot, but it just IMHO denies even flying with AI as pilot.

L-39 is a great co-op aircraft if you use it for its intended purpose - flight training, with instructor in the back seat. IMO trainers should be free instead of Su-25T/TF-51, or at least available to fly in for free as long as there's an instructor with a license in the back seat, because that would open it to its intended purpose - an introductory platform for players that are new to flight sims in general.

I absolutely agree. At the moment they don't really serve their training purpose. If someone wanted to buy it to learn the basics then there needs to be way more training missions or campaigns or as an alternative what you propose would be great.

I absolutely agree. At the moment they don't really serve their training purpose. If someone wanted to buy it to learn the basics then there needs to be way more training missions or campaigns or as an alternative what you propose would be great.

But people are against that idea. I made a poll about it back then when L-39 came out.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162399

Now when ED is making their own radio over VoIP system, intercom becomes important system and you can discuss with random people on other seat while doing combat etc.

Now think about taking random people on flight with trainers that has free front seat?

But people are against that idea. I made a poll about it back then when L-39 came out.

(...)

Now think about taking random people on flight with trainers that has free front seat?

After reading through the thread I see some valid points on both sides of the argument.

But for me personally the bottom line is that the "trainer" tag on those modules is a wasted potential.

I own L-39 + Kursant but I can't see myself buying C-101 (such a lovely cockpit but barely any training missions) o̶r̶ ̶Y̶a̶k̶-̶5̶2̶ ̶(̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶"̶c̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶v̶i̶g̶i̶l̶"̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶)̶ or recommending it to new players. They might as well buy the Hornet as it is FBW, versatile and properly supported.

Sorry for off topic, I will shut up after this post.

Edited by HankCzinaski
Yak-52 is great fun

• 3 weeks later...
Yep.

No Hind this year.

Wanna take bets?

I'm not as pessimistic as you Grodlund

I know that, like me, you are looking forward to the Mi-24P since a long time now and that during the past we were both frustrated on the non communication from ED on this famous Mi-24.

For my part I see two good news in this last communication.

Firstly the Mi-24P is now into active development (which was not the case at the time of Kate's last communication).

Release in mid-term. We are talking about nine months.

For my part, I always told myself that the end of 2020 was still a good thing. There is now a clear agenda even if there is still a little delay in the release.

Let's not forget that the latest screenshots have shown that things have progressed well, at least in terms of graphics.

We were still a long way off just a few months ago...

So let's keep our hearts up and cross our fingers for more good news.

Have the faith my friend :thumbup:

Multicrew confirmed

Are you a game tester? Do you want to be a DCS tester?

UH-1H is the first product to have it. Multi-crew will be applied to Mi-8 and Mi-24 and may be others later as well. We need to have something first, polish it and apply to others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4290155&postcount=493

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings