Confused about my new mouse. I need guidance.

dbestinfla

Short intro. I'm 60 year old Retired US NAVY Aviation Boatswains Mate Equipment (Catapults & Arresting Gear) so you see aviation is my life and when I first saw DCS I was amazed and said someday I will do this. So the time is now. The last few months been getting my 'rig' together and am very pleased with my purchases. I'm having a ball (Roger Ball). Until I wanted a new fangled mouse. What a mistake. But I'm not going to let it kick my ass.

New mouse...Logitech G502 SE (HERO).Got it downloaded after 4 tries but its no registering DCS World. I even manually typed in the .exe. It was formatting games I don't have. So I think I have it set as default. But still unsure.

Does anyone of you mighty fine airmen have this type of mouse that might be able to help, or should I just give it to my granddaughter and stay mouseless.

I will add that I have the Thrustmaster T-16000 FCS which I've downloaded for each A/C from the user files. Maybe the mouse was a dumb idea. Somebody give me a reason to keep it.

In closing, I'm glad to be apart of this. And can hardly wait til the supercarrier comes. I got my bundle pre ordered. The flight deck was my life for 20 years and seeing this takes me right back. Thanx for all your hard work so that guys like me can still be "Haze gray and Underway"

Evening DB. I use this exact same mouse, and having no issues with it here.

Is the mouse not working only in DCS?

I'm wondering if this could be a bad mouse, bad USB connector, a bad USB strip if that's what you have it plugged into, or maybe even a power issue depending on how many peripherals you have plugged in.

I know as I was adding more and more peripherals to my rig I was encountering power issues.

Just my thoughts. By no means a expert here.

Good evening to you too Fort Worth. Thank you for my first step. I will start by changing ports. I got it from Amazon last week so I could even try to have them send a replacement. Thanx a bunch for reading and pointing me right. I will keep you posted as it progresses.