Practically no roll input "stiffening" with IAS ?

I noticed during my trials with this recently bought module that even when diving at top speeds and just before starting to lose control surfaces, the A-8 is still very responsive in roll.

I don't have feedback references for the real world behaviour, so, any comments really appreciated!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I noticed during my trials with this recently bought module that even when diving at top speeds and just before starting to lose control surfaces, the A-8 is still very responsive in roll.

I don't have feedback references for the real world behaviour, so, any comments really appreciated!

Don't really know, but certainly Fw190 ailerons were always praised for their good harmonization and mass balance. Might be the reason why they perform so well at high speeds.

Just wondering, isn't the same in Dora?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I have noticed reduced responsiveness of ailerons in high speeds in D-9 haven't tested A-8 at high speeds.

It is miles better then roll then in p-51 or spitfire

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 4 weeks later...

In tests by both Germans and Allied forces of the A models the conclusion was always that the controls were very good in most speeds. The roll rate in particular was praised at all speed and rarely stiffened up. Can't remember what different tests I read but I may have them at home in one of my books.

Can't remember for sure but I believe I also read somewhere that some caution had to be taken at high speeds as the controls were still easy enough to otherwise cause damage to the air frame. Will see if I can dig something up at home.

This changed somewhat with the D model and while it still rolled well at all speeds it lost out to the A here and was a bit more in line with other fighters of the time. Though of course it gained other good attributes.

The FW 190 has for long been one of my favorite planes and I used to read pretty much all I could find about it but I have of course forgotten much of it as well.

/Wilbus

• ED Team

Report 868 sacral chart is the answer.

Red Square, equal altitide, equal IAS - ailerons clipping position is an answer for the second question (Dora vs Anton).

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me