ED Forums - View Single Post - Fix the broken mouse-look?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by e33et View Post
... when you have headtracking/trackir it disable free mouse-look mode too and it didn't before update 2.3 i think after that version every control is being messy so it being unpleasent to play when camera control don't work properly.
TL;DR:

To use mouse look while TIR is active, you should Pause TIR (default F9) and then switch to mouse look (default LAlt+C).

Detail:

TIR (and similar) detection is now dynamic, when head tracking is detected i.e. the @120 fps sample rate, it takes precedence over mouse look.

By pausing TIR, no new tracking data is generated and you can use mouse look.

Quote:
... i've tried almost everything, "uninstall/clean/verifying ingrentity of gamefiles" but nothing seems to help, and i've think it's a bug related to when you update the game!
Have you tried renaming/moving

• "Saved Games\DCS\Config"

as IIRC, your personal settings, snap views, options, etc. are stored there.

Comments

DCS Steam and DCS Standalone are almost identical with the exception of a couple of config files that tell DCS which copy protection to use and not to display the 'Module Manager' in Steam (as Steam manages the DLC downloads/updates).

An update via Steam or Module Manager will update files in

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld"

or similar.

It will not touch your DCS settings in

• C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Saved Games\DCS

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.34108