F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

The F16 pilots practising for war with North Korea

With tensions on the Korean peninsula at their highest in two decades, the BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes joins the US 8th fighter wing as they practise for war.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-41865869/the-f16-pilo

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Here you can see the pilots scavenging the PW engine before shutdown

PW220 When ready to shut down the engine, oil scavenge should be performed, conditions permitting.

1. PW220 Throttle - Advance to 75-78 percent rpm(stabilize for 5-10 seconds).

2. PW220 Throttle - Retard to IDLE for 1-2 seconds.

NOTE

PW220 Do not wait for engine to stabilize in

idle prior to shutdown. Timing begins when the

throttle reaches IDLE. Waiting longer than 1-2

seconds after the throttle reaches IDLE negates

the effects of the scavenge shutdown.

3. Throttle - OFF.

To whom it may concern,

Forgive the ignorance, why would that be necessary?

Curious :)

That_engine _guy,

removing as much oil from the bearing cavities and pumping it back into the tank by the time the engine quits spinning.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12898&p=160226

To whom it may concern,

I was talking to TEG a few days ago about the F-16's augmentor fuel injection system. While GE uses a spray bar arrangement, PW uses spray manifold/ring.

Do you have any picture of that mvsgas?

Also I find interested how GE's engine works with a higher mass/airflow compared to the PW-220/229 :)

Edited by Vitormouraa

I do not have picture of that, but lets look online. One thing about F-16 engine: everyone one seems to have a completely different experience some love the GE some love the PW. I happen to completely hate PW engines...anyway what are you looking for on the spray rings?

To whom it may concern,

Like always going back to the source, here is a PW engine. I can't tell if it is a 200/220/220E/229

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album03/album88/aah

On the ring themselves there is little nipple, that is where the fuel come out of. IIRC, which I do not think I do but, the inner three are one ring, I think is 4 and 5 is the outer most ring.

Edit:

Let my mark some of this pointing the stuff I remember, but I suggest you recheck everything and question it, last time I did an exhaust inspection was 2010.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

That is funny

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Can anyone explain to me why it's illegal to talk about BMS?? LOL
I don't think its about legal or illegal but few times in the past when somebody began to discuss about BMS it derailed from just an information to "my sim better than your sim" thingy...

I'd change the BMS to "the sim which cannot be named" in this forum to avoid getting my post deleted

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

To whom it may concern,

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

Thanks Heli, but there is a lot of info that is wrong there. From to many generalizations to wrong equipment listed and so on. For example, many of the engine are wrong, block 30/40 and 50 with the engine of block 32/42/52 and vice versa. Many more versions of the radar, RWR, dispenser, etc.

To whom it may concern,

Future plans as there is no direct F-16 replacement (or money to buy F35).

fniWlKI.png

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Would they include a SLEP and how many hours would it add to the airframes? I heard of the USAF SLEP increasing flying hours to around 13k, what is the average hours on FAP F-16? They have to be up there.

To whom it may concern,