DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

yes I have always turned off emulation I was wondering if maybe the axes would still have residual effect of some sort even after emulation off. If so i'm not sure what the most efficient way of doing that is. I don't want to have to reflash the stick. Know an easy way to do this?

You shouldn't need to flash the stick. As long as you deselect emulation you should have all DX axes and buttons (just the way TARGET likes it).

If you still have trouble after disabling emulation, test your microstick in CPP. You'll need to stop the TARGET profile to use CPP, but that's normal. Please let me know how it turns out.

I like the brilliance of Your concept and I certinly will use it but I´m not shure where to put all the different files. I have read the manuals and some I have sorted out but my eyes are to old it seems to find the missing information. I always used Foxy so Target is new to me.

I really would appreciate a small list.

Thanks for the compliments, h.kan.

I'm sure my manuals, though thorough, are daunting for people new to TARGET and I'll put this information in a readme file for the next verion (along with any other suggestions you might have).

Here's what goes where:

"DCS World.tmc" and the folders "Common" and "DCS" - these go in a folder where you choose to store your TARGET profiles. They do not need to be located in the c:\program files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET folder (and probably shouldn't be); I actually keep mine in a separate folder synced to a personal cloud, allowing for backup and version control, but you could put them in your Documents\TARGET Profiles folder and it would work just fine. As long as DCS and Common are co-located with DCS World.tmc, the profile will work.

JPG - This is just a folder of full size mapping reference graphics and MFD inserts. This can go anywhere, but I just keep it with DCS World.tmc, DCS, and Common.

The folders with underscores require placement in DCS World:

_for Saved Games_DCS - these should be put in your Saved Games\DCS folder (likely c:\users\<your user name>\Saved Games\DCS).

\TARGET LUA Profiles - these the DCS diff.lua files used to map your Thrustmaster Combined controller once the TARGET profile is loaded. You do this through the DCS Options menu and point to these files to load the controller configuration.

\Custom SnapViews - this is a collection of zipped "SnapViews.lua" files, the version of your choice which goes into Saved Games\DCS\Config\View folder. If you're not sure which one to use, select "SnapViews Classic Default". Explanations of the files can be found in the Installation guide (I prefer "Classic Boresight" myself).

_Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install - these are optional, but recommended changes to the default configuration lua files for these aircraft. They add analog axes to the Huey and NVGs to the F-86 and some of the FC3 aircraft. These files need to be placed in the DCS World main installation folder (e.g. C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World), and are based on which modules you have (e.g. if you have the FC3 standalone modules, use those, if you have FC3 as a whole module, use that one). I highly recommend setting them up as a JSGME mod so that you don't need to re-copy them after every update of DCS World. Instructions on setting up JSGME can be found in Appendix A of the Installation Guide.

EDIT: One last thing: there is no shortcut around the first part of the Installation Guide. Be sure to read pages 6-9 so that you can properly configure your rudder and brakes in DCS World.tmc, and then read page 11 for TrackIR settings (sorry, the TrackIR section head got pulled into the regular text, so just start with the second paragraph) and the top of page 15 if you use the _Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install. The other options are based on your preferences and can be adjusted when you get more comfortable with the profile. Finally, don't miss the section on updating DCS World from the Options menu, which starts at page 32.

Also, be sure to read the User Reference, and in particular the sections for which you have modules.

Hope this helps; please ask any other questions, as this can only help my communication in the future.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 1.35a hotfix is released. This fixes bugs with the FC3/Su-25T Kneeboard mapping.

EDIT: if you downloaded the file named "TARGET F-15C v135a.7z", please redownload the hotfix. It should read "TARGET FC3 v135a.7z".

Edited by Home Fries
update

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Been away from simming for a while and unfortunately no longer have my Cougar setup, but have a new Warthog on the way. Hope you can do the same work for it.

Just donated a little bit to help you get started on the Warthog.

Again, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Been 4 years since I have loaded up and played. Last time I played I was using foxy for my cougar. Not familiar with Target especially with the cougar. Not sure which files I am suppose to exactly load into TARGET and I see a lot of conflicting red boxes when I load the .lua files in control menu.

Cougar & CH Pro Pedals & Trac IR5. No MFDs right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, Wargo; I've been busy with real life for the past few weeks.

Much of what you need to know is in this post; I will be putting out a quick reference guide in the next release since the manuals have become rather large.

If you have red rows, then you need to add modifiers to the aircraft. You need to have the profile activated, then set joy_btn30, 31, and 32 as modifiers for the rows to display normally.

You also want the MFDs to be able to switch profiles on the fly. Otherwise you can only have active the profile that you start with, though you can choose your start-up profile in DCS World.tmc.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hello Home Fries,

First, thank you for all of your amazing work, your profiles are a great gift to the community as a whole and are much appreciated! :thumbup:

With that said, I am having a slight issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. After finally figuring out how to install these into DCS with the help of "The Nephilm" (another great guy!) the FC3 profile loads(as it should) by default and works fine. The problem I'm running into is that now that I want to fly the A10-C, I can't get that profile to load. I don't have Cougar MFD's, so I went into the TARGET script editor and added the "//" to FC3 and removed them from the A10-C line. When I restart the script it continues to load FC3 even though the edit was made to the default load info. Any ideas as to what's going on here??

My Rig:

Intel Core i5 4690k

Gigabyte Z97 G1 Sniper mb

Gigabyte GA GTX 970 OC

G.Skills Triton x DDR3 2400 16 GB

DeepCool V2 Lucifer cpu cooler

PNY 250 GB SSD

WD Black 1TB hd

Evga SuperNova 750w ps

TrackIr 5 Pro

Dell IPS 24" monitor

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

TM Cougar HOTAS

TM WartHog HOTAS

MFG Crosswinds rudder pedals

Hello Home Fries,

First, thank you for all of your amazing work, your profiles are a great gift to the community as a whole and are much appreciated! :thumbup:

With that said, I am having a slight issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. After finally figuring out how to install these into DCS with the help of "The Nephilm" (another great guy!) the FC3 profile loads(as it should) by default and works fine. The problem I'm running into is that now that I want to fly the A10-C, I can't get that profile to load. I don't have Cougar MFD's, so I went into the TARGET script editor and added the "//" to FC3 and removed them from the A10-C line. When I restart the script it continues to load FC3 even though the edit was made to the default load info. Any ideas as to what's going on here??

Hey Vampr glad it is going good.. I was wondering when you change the line did you resave the TMC File?? perhaps it is not being saved and when you load it up it is still seeing the non saved TMC File??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs)

Neph makes a great point; also be sure to re-execute the script once you save the changes. I can't think of what else could be the issue.

I also highly recommend the MFDs. They add quite a bit to the individual profiles, and the LEDs have use as indicators for specific profile states (like gear down) that can Change certain button assignments.

Edited by Home Fries

I can't find the DCS World.tmc file anywhere. Would love to have these profiles. Any ideas??? :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Make sure you download both the script and the hotfix (not just the hotfix). The DCS World.tmc should be in the main script download.

HOTAS COUGAR

Home Fries:

I am finally getting back into Flight sims. I have the TM Cougar Hotas. I hope to locate the Hall Sensors so I can install with the Uber2Nxt hardware....in the flight stick. I installed the TM equipment after first flashing on a Windows XP SP2 system.

I then took the HOTAS over to my WIndows 10 syst and installed the TM HOTAS following the directions for the 2007 firmware. It installed the In and Out in the Universal serial bus ... devices and not the HID section. Is this a problem? The drivers are shown as 2.0.3.0 2007.

When I run Target .... It only shows the Cougar Flight stick........ that may be a problem?

I am trying to use Target to start playing DCS and also IL-2 ClOD......

Is the place the In and OUt are installed a problem and if so... how do I change to the HID?

Why aren't the TQ and rudders being shown... I have not installed the TM Elite RUdders nor the TM MFD s.........

You did a lot of work...... without people like you these sims would die.

Roland

Edited by CyStryker

Home Fries:

I am finally getting back into Flight sims. I have the TM Cougar Hotas. I hope to locate the Hall Sensors so I can install with the Uber2Nxt hardware....in the flight stick. I installed the TM equipment after first flashing on a Windows XP SP2 system.

I then took the HOTAS over to my WIndows 10 syst and installed the TM HOTAS following the directions for the 2007 firmware. It installed the In and Out in the Universal serial bus ... devices and not the HID section. Is this a problem? The drivers are shown as 2.0.3.0 2007.

When I run Target .... It only shows the Cougar Flight stick........ that may be a problem?

I am trying to use Target to start playing DCS and also IL-2 ClOD......

Is the place the In and OUt are installed a problem and if so... how do I change to the HID?

Why aren't the TQ and rudders being shown... I have not installed the TM Elite RUdders nor the TM MFD s.........

You did a lot of work...... without people like you these sims would die.

Roland

Yes it is a problem!

I had the same problems with installing on Win7 x64. On SimHQ Lancelot gives a good set of instructions on how to solve it, but there is more than one way to do it.

1- HOTAS unplugged

2- Install 2007_HCO_VISTA_64_RC1 drivers (the Windows Vista 64 bits version)

3- Plugged the HOTAS when asket to.

4- Got the DATA IN adn DATA OUT driver problem as mentioned on the first post.

5- Went to START -> CONTROL PANEL -> VIEW DEVICES AND PRINTERS

6- Right click on THRUSTMASTER HOTAS COUGAR and select PROPERTIES

7- Go to HARDWARE, select DATA IN and click PROPERTIES

8- Go to DRIVER IN and click un UPDATE DRIVER button

9- Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE

10- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HOTAS" using the BROWSE button and click NEXT

11- Windows finds the DATA IN drivers

12- Repeat step 8 to 11 but with DRIVER OUT.

13- Done, now the DRIVER IN and DRIVER OUT are installed and working properly, no more "hardware problem" with the Cougar and everything working fine, including Foxy.

More info and alternative methods can be found on:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2872845/Hotas_Cougar_on_Windows_7.html

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Development update:

As some of you may know, over the last couple of months I have had very limited free time. During this time, I have put a new version of this profile into limited beta testing, and also having achieved my 60% funding goal I purchased a Warthog on credit.

Now that my free time has increased, I intend to debug version 1.36 for short term release, then get to work on 1.40, which will be the first version of the profile to be Warthog compatible. Since I purchased the Warthog on credit, I'm hoping that a Warthog compatible profile will help achieve my crowdfunding target (at which point I will remove the donation link and request that all donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project).

Note that with exception of Rudder Pedals attached to the Cougar, 1.40 will not be a combined Cougar/Warthog profile. This means that you will set whether you have a Cougar or Warthog in the DCS World.tmc, and the script will assign buttons and axes based on those entries. I hope to have a combined profile (i.e. using both Cougar and Warthog throttles simultaneously for those so equipped) for 2.0, with the example concept of using the Cougar TQS for the MiG-21 throttle while using the switches on the Warthog throttle for things like nav mode, air start, etc.

Things are looking up!

Thanks, Alicatt. That's a great find that I'll be sure to add to an appendix in my installation guide.

The other recommendation I have is to install the HCO_VISTA_64_RC1 drivers using Vista Compatibility Mode.

Yep that's how I did it last time, but it has been a while since I re-installed my Cougar, but after last weekends disastrous brush with Win 10 wiping the boot sector of my Win 7 disk I have had to re install everything :mad:

Anyway, after using your files for a while I went ahead and got myself a set of MFDs as I happened to be passing a shop near Brussels that sells a lot of flight sim gear, couldn't quite stretch to a Warthog tho - maybe next time :joystick:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Great news, Home Fries. Can't wait to try it out (on the Warthog)!

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1