Firmware Update

nima2014

Hello everyone,

I thought that I is about time to update the firmware of my VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro.

So I downloaded the newest Vkb config, bootloader and Firmware 1.96F.

I followed the instructions listed here

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-to-get-your-mcg-mcg-pro-to-work-with-your-gunfighter-mar-15-2018

After Flashing, everything looks normal to me apart that I have and had all the time a solid red stick light while according to the manual it’s supposed to be solid green. But everything shows the correct new firmware and the calibration thereafter is standard as usual and everything works as it should be. After I changed my brake lever axis to a button which these instructions

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?t=2868, the stick light starts flashing green but the everything seems to work normal. Any idea what’s wrong?

I was using:

Vkb dev v0.90.28

Njoy32 Firmware v 1.96.C

Firmware MCG Pro v 1.96F

Bootloader v 1.15

I would not update the firmware unless I had a reason. Surely not just because "it's time". If you have things working how you want, leave it alone. I have updated 3-4 times to fix things. Now it's working great and how I want. Always save your old firmware and flash back if necessary.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Make sure you hit the big DEFAULT button following any update. I also had a red light permanently but everything seemed to work fine.

By enabling the DEV option I could see the reason for each LED, and they were all screwed up, so hit default and it reset everything properly and it was all sweet.

Just a suggestion.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, hitting DEFAULT if very important after every update else you can get a stuck button or two. I used to think Thrustmaster's software is hard to use, but the VKB one easily takes the cake.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

It’s really hard to guess what went wrong , follow instructions here forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762

And please attach snapshots. Sometimes issue is very minor and could be solved in seconds.

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe