Will server hosts be able to "ban" JESTER in MP?

QuiGon

Lol - aircraft not even release yet and people already crying that Jester is 'unfair' and want to ban him :megalol:

If the two-man cockpit of the F-14 is 'better' than your single seat F-15 etc, there is a reason for that....a 2-man cockpit IS better lol.

Wanna fight "man on man'..fly against different jets. It has been said before that a RL person in the back will be much better than Jester anyway, so what is the problem - that is 'man on man'?

People running Jester will be at a disadvantage against a real 2-man crew, do you want to 'ban' RL RIO's too, because that seems unfair on the solo-with-Jester pilots...

Did you actually read what the THREAD STARTER wrote? And not what people assume on the next 8 pages? He NEVER said jester is unfair, ban him...

He just asked if it is possible to deactivate Jester for special Human only MP missions and NOT because Jester is OP or ......

This thread is 8 pages of wrong/false assumptions to one simple question to the Dev's!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I don't know how right i am, but considering how important team work is in real life multiple crew aircraft, i have a feeling that even with a really good RIO (one that is decisively better then Jester AI), most people will actually struggle and perform worse in multi crew environments then with the AI in the back. It takes time for crews to get familiarized and develop solid team play, you can't just throw in a random person in the back and expect for the team to function as intended. Not unless both members trained together for some time, or were at least training under the same conditions. doctrine and syllabus (even if with other pilots). Flying with Jester in the back, on your own (as in not in a squadron) will probably not prepare you well for the MP environment. My 2 cents anyways.......

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm trying to say. thumbup.gif

And I'm also looking forward to see JESTER in action and I'm sure he will be a great lad and will make the sim even more immersive, but there are some scenarios in multiplayer where I don't want AIs in the equation and prefer to have humans only.

Because sometimes I want to fight with or against humans and their human skills only, without an AI between them. That's the point of multiplayer for me. When I want to play with AI, I play singleplayer.

I think you misunderstood my point, I was talking to those that want to prevent this, If Jester can be outperformed by a human why would it matter if the server blocked Jester, if you were relying on Jester you'd lose.

I think you misunderstood my point, I was talking to those that want to prevent this, If Jester can be outperformed by a human why would it matter if the server blocked Jester, if you were relying on Jester you'd lose.

Because it's not about winning or loosing for me. The stuff I host are mostly non competetive coop missions anyways. I just sometimes prefer man only environments where the outcome of the mission depends on human skills and human skills only, no matter if they are better or worse than JESTER AI. The argument that JESTER is worse than human RIOs is a flawed one anyways, as this is based on the assumption that the human RIO is a capable one and knows what he's doing, which often isn't the case.

All I'm asking here is, if the devs implemented an option to disable JESTER AI to make it easy to host such events, so that I don't have to continiously monitor the slotting list. It's not the end of the world, if they don't implement such an option and I don't ask them to dedicate any noteworthy amount of resources to implement such a function. I'm just asking if there is such a function which would make stuff a bit easier for me (and maybe other hosters as well). If there's not, then it's no big deal either.

I don't understand why people get offended by that? I'm not telling anyone how to do their stuff and I would prefer if others would stop telling me what is good for me and how I should do things. Thanks :)

Lol - aircraft not even release yet and people already crying that Jester is 'unfair' and want to ban him megalol.gif

If the two-man cockpit of the F-14 is 'better' than your single seat F-15 etc, there is a reason for that....a 2-man cockpit IS better lol.

Wanna fight "man on man'..fly against different jets. It has been said before that a RL person in the back will be much better than Jester anyway, so what is the problem - that is 'man on man'?

People running Jester will be at a disadvantage against a real 2-man crew, do you want to 'ban' RL RIO's too, because that seems unfair on the solo-with-Jester pilots...

Thanks for trolling by, but as I explained above: I never whined about JESTER. I actually looking forward to fly with him and enjoy his company. Especially in the SP environment he will be a great addition to improve the immersion. It's just that in MP I sometimes prefer man only settings with human skills only, regardless if they are better or worse. You don't have to understand this, but please respect that some people want to do things differently than you do. I'm not telling you how to do your stuff either.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now & have come to the conclusion that adding a feature to disable Jester would be fine. Personally I don't expect Jester to be all that great and will prefer to play with a real person in the other seat anyway whether that be front or back.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now & have come to the conclusion that adding a feature to disable Jester would be fine. Personally I don't expect Jester to be all that great and will prefer to play with a real person in the other seat anyway whether that be front or back.

Especially as such a feature would only provide an additional option and would not take anything away.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Additional level of control for the hosting server is always welcome. Even more so if the feature can have performance impact on the server. We will have to see how RIO will affect multiplayer performance, maybe RIO will not be even usable in heavy lag situation.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Additional level of control for the hosting server is always welcome. Even more so if the feature can have performance impact on the server. We will have to see how RIO will affect multiplayer performance, maybe RIO will not be even usable in heavy lag situation.

I would assume JESTER is running locally on the client PC of the pilot player. That shouldn't cause any performance issues for the server.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because it's not about winning or loosing for me. The stuff I host are mostly non competetive coop missions anyways. I just sometimes prefer man only environments where the outcome of the mission depends on human skills and human skills only, no matter if they are better or worse than JESTER AI. The argument that JESTER is worse than human RIOs is a flawed one anyways, as this is based on the assumption that the human RIO is a capable one and knows what he's doing, which often isn't the case.

All I'm asking here is, if the devs implemented an option to disable JESTER AI to make it easy to host such events, so that I don't have to continiously monitor the slotting list. It's not the end of the world, if they don't implement such an option and I don't ask them to dedicate any noteworthy amount of resources to implement such a function. I'm just asking if there is such a function which would make stuff a bit easier for me (and maybe other hosters as well). If there's not, then it's no big deal either.

I don't understand why people get offended by that? I'm not telling anyone how to do their stuff and I would prefer if others would stop telling me what is good for me and how I should do things. Thanks :)

DUDE! I agree with you, you're not understanding me, I'm on your side.

DUDE! I agree with you, you're not understanding me, I'm on your side.

Got it :thumbup:

But my responding explanation was targeted at the general public rather than at you specifically :)

Tornado3 small.jpg