Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Just an FYI for everyone to avoid any confusion, my upgrade kit won't solve the issues with the Hornet TDC until ED add a mappable axis.

Your mods are compatible with TARGET software? I mean, you can e.g. map key presses to the TDC (or any Warthog axis) in TARGET, which solves the F-18 issue with the TDC. The same is possible with your mods, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your mods are compatible with TARGET software? I mean, you can e.g. map key presses to the TDC (or any Warthog axis) in TARGET, which solves the F-18 issue with the TDC. The same is possible with your mods, right?

Yes they will work with the TARGET software, so you can use that work-arround until it gets added properly.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Which ,real‘ jet do you mean?

Locking a target with F-16 is TMS up.

While pressed, the mini-stick (aka: cursor enable) on the throttle will enter boresight mode for AIM-120.

Given recent events around here I'd guess he's talking about the F-18 but there is also the AV8B+ and F-15 that fits the description.

If I ever fly fighters I guess I’ll need to modify mine.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Just had a friend install mine as too much of a girl to drill into my warthog myself but it looks the nuts and really looking forward to putting some hours onto it over the next few weeks.

Thank you Deltaalphalima1 its a great mod - So good in fact I am going to link it on the VEAO FB page :)

Nice work

Pman

edit: the drilling is only required if you want to fit the extra button behind the airbrake, if you arent worried about that then no drilling is required (meaning even girls like me could do it!)

Very glad it's working well for you Pman!! And thanks so much for the link on FB :thumbup:

Just a quick teaser pic on progress on my thumbstick kits. Most pre-orders should be shipping out this week.

attachment.php?attachmentid=187145&stc=1&d=1528623522

1300965846_IMG_20180609_1942361.thumb.jpg.1f50f27e099f99cbf61b2bc754c57973.jpg

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Thanks for the update. Seeing it on the picture already makes it even harder to wait. Patience young Padawan, patience :music_whistling: :smilewink:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Interesting there you call them thumbsticks...

I actually swapped places on one the Warthogs for the slew thing... it really is now on the thumb position... an old Saitek X36 habit...

Is there room inside to mount this entire enclosure on the side and not the front position of the Warthog throttle?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Very glad it's working well for you Pman!! And thanks so much for the link on FB :thumbup:

Just a quick teaser pic on progress on my thumbstick kits. Most pre-orders should be shipping out this week.

They look great Delta...can't wait!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Yep, they look great, mate. Can’t wait

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Interesting there you call them thumbsticks...

I actually swapped places on one the Warthogs for the slew thing... it really is now on the thumb position... an old Saitek X36 habit...

Is there room inside to mount this entire enclosure on the side and not the front position of the Warthog throttle?

I don't think it could be fitted in the mic switch position. It was designed to fit the exact dimensions of the slew position so doubt it would fit anywhere else, although I have never tested it. When I get some time I might experiment to make sure - possibly a slight redesign of the frame part could make it fit so I could have that as a future option.

As for the Thumbstick name there is no specific reason, other than that being the normal use of the sensor parts. I'm still not really sure what to call it myself; you might notice I change around a bit :)

Huh, do those thumbsticks slot into the slew position? With the squarish profile I was assuming they went somewhere else...

Oh, and at the risk of patronizing people who already know, if you're worried about drilling your anything, dimple your center with something sharp, and start with small bits and work your way up to size...

Huh, do those thumbsticks slot into the slew position? With the squarish profile I was assuming they went somewhere else...

Oh, and at the risk of patronizing people who already know, if you're worried about drilling your anything, dimple your center with something sharp, and start with small bits and work your way up to size...

Here...

mQQUYN.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

My force sensor arrived today. Installation was very easy and fast, then it's calibrate, launch DCS and feel the difference. Compared to the stock slew, this is almost like mind control, you caress the sensor and the Harrier TGP moves so slow and smooth. Strong press and you get fast and precise movement for rapidly switching targets. Terrific, this is what the WH slew should've been like in the first place.

Totally worth it, thanks a lot, another satisfied customer!

Very glad it's working well for you Pman!! And thanks so much for the link on FB

attachment.php?attachmentid=187145&stc=1&d=1528623522

I saw the shipping mail on Sunday... awesome man.... thanks...

I for sure will seek your help for installing it..i am not really a DIY guy

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I saw the shipping mail on Sunday... awesome man.... thanks...

I for sure will seek your help for installing it..i am not really a DIY guy

Didn´t receive any mail so far. Will there be several deliveries within the first batch? Just curious, no hurry.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Didn´t receive any mail so far. Will there be several deliveries within the first batch? Just curious, no hurry.

Yes I've had to split them up just to make packing and shipping everything easier.

All the pre-orders should be shipped by the end of this week :)

Yes I've had to split them up just to make packing and shipping everything easier.

All the pre-orders should be shipped by the end of this week :)

First off, thank you for taking on such a great project. Major kudos for that.

Secondly, do you have any ballpark figure on the next availability for the analog thumbstick?

Thanks in advance.

First off, thank you for taking on such a great project. Major kudos for that.

Secondly, do you have any ballpark figure on the next availability for the analog thumbstick?

Thanks in advance.

Since a number of people have asked I will try and give a good explanation of my plan :)

If there are no major issues with the first batch and people are happy with them, then I will be opening the orders back up permanently, on a sort of rolling pre-order basis.

I have mostly sorted all my supply issue out now, so I am confident I can make as many as are needed assuming enough time.

I have ordered another batch of 40 PCBs today, which will take around 2-3 weeks to arrive. Once they do I should be able to ship the complete units out fairly quickly, which gives early July as a good estimate of when the next units will start shipping.

I also have the last 3 Force sensor kits available to buy on my website. This will be the final batch of them because of sensor availability and time constraints, I want to move my focus as much as possible onto the Thumbstick kits.

Any plans to do the other Analog slew sensor upgrades again?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Any plans to do the other Analog slew sensor upgrades again?

Do you mean the force sensor version? I can't get any more of the sensors that it uses at the price I have been. So unless I can find more at a low price or find an alternative, then I'm not planning to do more of them.

Since a number of people have asked I will try and give a good explanation of my plan :)

If there are no major issues with the first batch and people are happy with them, then I will be opening the orders back up permanently, on a sort of rolling pre-order basis.

I have mostly sorted all my supply issue out now, so I am confident I can make as many as are needed assuming enough time.

I have ordered another batch of 40 PCBs today, which will take around 2-3 weeks to arrive. Once they do I should be able to ship the complete units out fairly quickly, which gives early July as a good estimate of when the next units will start shipping.

I also have the last 3 Force sensor kits available to buy on my website. This will be the final batch of them because of sensor availability and time constraints, I want to move my focus as much as possible onto the Thumbstick kits.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I prefer the analog sticks primarily due to cost and what I'm sinking that money into.

I keep watching your website nearly every day for preorders to open on them, so hopefully I can get in there!