F/A18 Tutorials on DCS

Florida

Just got my F/A18, and as I always do, I fired it up and started working on the training series. Loaded up the first tutorial, which is a familiarization with the A/C. Starts in-flight, and you have to fly through gates. Okay!

So I guess I'm kinda blind because after the first few (3 or 4), I can't find the next one. Either there is a break in the progression, or I just fly by one. From then on, I'm lost. And the tutorial won't end until you complete the course.

With the A-10C, someone had flown all of the training tutorials and posted them on YouTube. Doesn't seem like anyone has done that yet with the Hornet. Or have they? I'd love to know the course I have to fly before I fly it, so I can figure out why I'm missing one or more of the gates. Has anyone flown these tutorials?

Never mind! Found Gumbo's Flying Circus on YouTube. And, yep! I'm blind!

Edited by gpbarth
Found answer

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

You have to really look around to find it. Plan ahead and try and find the next gate. If you just look straight ahead you'll miss one. You have to fly through the gate to continue, so if you miss one fly back and try to find it.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

• 4 weeks later...
You have to really look around to find it. Plan ahead and try and find the next gate. If you just look straight ahead you'll miss one. You have to fly through the gate to continue, so if you miss one fly back and try to find it.

Thanks, Buzz! Some of the gates are at almost right angles to the previous one, and I was missing that. I ended up flying the entire course, which ends right over a runway, so I turned around and landed. Finding out that the F-18 is a lot more forgiving than the F-14!:thumbup:

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly: