Where is Moses when you need him?

While playing the A10C Enemy within v3 campaign Georgia was flooded as punishment for something ...

I am running stable version on steam, and the game was just updated before I started playing. I played about half the mission without issue (flyby over Tiblisi), and the problems started when I briefly switched to the F10 map. When I switched back this was the result.

I think this is a bigger problem than just a campaign issue, so I think it belongs in the general DCS World 2.5 bugs and problems section.

1969383855_Bugwaterdcsworldenemywithin3mission3.thumb.png.6c2917faa519a68aae9f7572d18d534c.png

629313265_Bugwaterdcsworldenemywithin3mission3picture2.thumb.png.4339fc0c50d144d1c3bde2646f0fd183.png

Edited by BudgietheLittleHelicopter

While playing the A10C Enemy within v3 campaign Georgia was flooded as punishment for something ...

I am running stable version on steam, and the game was just updated before I started playing. I played about half the mission without issue (flyby over Tiblisi), and the problems started when I briefly switched to the F10 map. When I switched back this was the result.

I think this is a bigger problem than just a campaign issue, so I think it belongs in the general DCS World 2.5 bugs and problems section.

I think it just needs a little time to load the textures again since you just switched from the F10 map. That happens a lot to me on the OB. It fixes itself when you fly a little or wait a little.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• ED Team

this is usually due to slow load in memory / pagefile.

Can you add your machines spec and dcs.log

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the quick responses.

@Mobisev: I have experienced what you describe now and then. But it takes a very short time (<1s) to load the textures in those cases. And in this case I flew for several minutes afterwards without any change.

@BigNewy

-i5-3350P (3.1GHz), 16Gb, SSD, GTX1070 8Gb

-I have attached the log. It is a few hours older than the incident. When I exited the game it crashed and I had to use task manager to close it. This is not captured in the log file.

-I also noticed that the partition where DCS is installed on has about 142Gb available, but the C drive has only about 4.4 Gb available. Perhaps this has led to some pagefile problem as suggested?

dcs.zip

• ED Team

It maybe worth checking the pagefile is big enough or set to system managed, you can also assign it to a different drive in windows if you wish.

let us know how you get on.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My virtual memory was set to min 100 Mb and max 1Gb.

I will run it with system managed for a while, and see how that performs.

Still I would expect DCS world to either reset the textures or recognize the problem in some way. Or perhaps do some kind of system scan during start-up or installation to check that there is enough virtual memory available (if that is the issue).

The mission was not that demanding regarding number of units etc, and my pc delivers usually more than 70 fps (up to 120 fps). So I wonder if there is some kind of memory leak occurring as both the ram and gpu memory should be quite adequate.

• ED Team
My virtual memory was set to min 100 Mb and max 1Gb.

that will be to small for DCS and most likely the problem.

let us know how you get on.

Mustang has a good post here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3645291&postcount=4

Edited by BIGNEWY

I have just replayed the same mission with virtual memory set to system managed and free space on the C drive increased to 11Gb, and the problem did not reoccur. That's great.

I hope it will also reduce the number of freezes when switching between missions in campaigns (particularly in case of failures) I have experienced.

After I switched virtual memory to system managed and restarted windows I noticed that windows used about 2Gb of virtual memory without DCS.

My suggestion is to add some kind of system check for availability of virtual memory, because (I assume) only a small percentage of users report bugs on this forum.

Second suggestion: Subnautica uses a great feedback system where you can press an F-button in the game to give immediate feedback to the programmers. It automatically captures system specs, screenshot, game world location, happiness level (like at an airport. Can also clarify things that people really appreciate). Please have a look.

db6890540233aae29899d5f0c2f1d879.jpeg.2f973ecbeffec3a8e4cefabc0eed20c0.jpeg

Edited by BudgietheLittleHelicopter