=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

I'm assuming that the server details aren't being shared just yet? Keenly watching this space for the server details ...

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Is this an official ED server? Looks awesome from the vid, will have to check this out!

WOW this will be 200% more awesome with the bf 109

And 1000% more awesome with the Spit and Normandy.

EDIT: I think this server is based in RU. The ping is horrible for me in Canada! Will stick with DoW for now.

Edited by flare2000x

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Is this an official ED server?

No, it's not official server! Totally fan based project.

Keenly watching this space for the server details ...

What details are you interested in?

EDIT: I think this server is based in RU.

Yes, the server is based in RU region. Best ping expected from Eastern Europe and Russia.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Without fixed reticles, I don't think there will a lot of 190 pilots flying online because skilled pilots rely a lot on deflection shooting in combat.

109 pilots won't be the only ones ... judging from the video it's a European winter .. that's brass monkey weather that is, and I suspect everyone's recticles will be clanking around in the cockpit like nobody's business (fixed or otherwise).

Historically a similar thing happened to the German Panzer crews on the Eastern Front .. I suspect not being used to the weather, their recticles were just frozen solid and as already stated .. that's a serious impediment to effective deflection shooting. The Russians on the other hand, being used to the winter (and due to copious amounts of Vodka no doubt) were able to keep their recticles warm ... and usable.

The moral of this story is of course; you need to keep your recticles warm if you want to win the war!

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Saw this up in the browser last night, the other WWII server was maxed out so this needs some loving because the Mustang vs Dora pvp dogfighting is the most exciting and skillfull pvp scene on the internet right now.

Good luck chaps, will pop in soon to litter your airfields with (my own) wreckage!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Will have to check this one out, I'm from Northern Europe and ping on the DoW server is nasty, 150-200ms. Should be about 50ms to any Western Russia server.

Without fixed reticles, I don't think there will a lot of 190 pilots flying online because skilled pilots rely a lot on deflection shooting in combat.

DoW server already has good traffic, although I can't see how this would be a problem in the first place. Is there something fundamentally wrong with the Ez 42?

I doubt I'm the only one who uses the gunsight just for a general idea where the guns are pointing, and rely on tracers beyond that. Yeah, I'm no marksman, but it definitely helps to try the best to avoid angles where the target is no longer visible.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah really great to see another server tailored to WWII - great job!

I'm new to MP and spent 2 or 3 hours in Burning skies today, and a couple of sessions last weekend on the DOW server - really great fun!! Thanks to both Teams!

For anyone like me who's been reluctant to try MP, the difference is 'night and day' (compared to SP missions - certainly when you design missions yourself anyway). Far more realistic by far.

Anyway reason for posting apart from to say thanks, was just to make a couple of observations -

I might have got something wrong, as I said I'm new to this - but in the 02 Senaki-Poti mission, playing as a blue FW, I managed to score a SC500 hit on the largest building indicated as a target at Senaki AB - the really big hanger / workshop shown circled at the top of the photo - which burnt and did then show the destroyed LOD (at 3km alt anyway) - but the periodic mission progress reports continued to report Senaki AB 'Target 1' as 100% undamaged? And no Team score change? Blue were losing badly and I'd decided to go on the offensive... :)

Also, and I really could be wrong here, my aircraft seemed to trigger the Blufor air raid warning when I flew into Kobuleti to re-arm (a couple of times) and once when entering the area over the ships at Poti? Maybe there were enemy entering the area at the same time but there were no signs? I spawned out of Batumi, in case that helps.

A General MP thought (from a newb to MP), and not specific to Burning skies - it would be great if the the 'runway in use', at any used AB's, could be clarified in the mission brief, and be the same as ATC instructions and be in keeping with wind direction - yeah I know that's not as easy as it sounds :)

Anyway keep up the great work! - see you in the sky :)

PS I was on the back of a P51 (briefly) last weekend and my leg started twitching / shaking, and I couldn't do anything to stop it :lol:

Edited by VIMANAMAN

Was truely our pleasure!

We have a weekly WWII night which is set right now to Saturday nights, we will try to get back next week to try out your new mission, thanks!

EDIT - As I see in both the missions we have been in, my eStatHandler script is used.

Are there statistics published anywhere or is it just for the mission message information?

Edited by xcom

Just got done with a couple hour long session on this server and it was awesome. Flying from Colorado in the US I was worried my ping would be unacceptable but even at ~180 ms I had no problems dive bombing the buildings and dogfighting. The mission design is very good and very fun, concentrating the action in just a few areas with the flak script to help in spotting. Fun for ground pounders and dogfighters alike. I will certainly be back and will now have to split my time among 2 awesome servers.