[BUG] Right engine does not spin up after re-spawning form being shot down

AMRAAM_Missiles

Fat Creason, it's very easy, just make a hard landing on carrier or pull up the stick close to wires on carrier and the engines hit the deck and the engine right turn off, then try to start again and not start, make a repair wait 170 sec and then start again and not have power around the world in DCS to make start engine right.....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also had this, and a new wrinkle once after a clean restart where the right engine would light off spool up respond to throttle then flame out. You could restart it every time and it would do the same. Only happen ounce though. I reinstalled the latest patch and haven’t seem it again.

• 2 months later...

Just had this bug again. Can't send trackfile, because it happened on a busy blue flag server after more than 2 hours of playing :/

Same problem: Right engine didn't want to spool up after we got shot down, ejected and respawned. We flew multicrew. It's the first time I've had this bug in the past 2-3 months, even though I flew the Tomcat a lot meanwhile, including getting shot down and ejecting. Just a loose idea, but maybe it makes a difference who initiated the ejection (pilot/rio). Usally I (RIO) initiate our ejection but I can't remember if this was the case here too or if my pilot beat me to it this time.

Edited by QuiGon
Added more details

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Added some more details to my previous comment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

ok, thanks, we will take a second look.

Maybe this is helpful?

I just fired up the Cat for the first time since release. Ran into this bug tonight fumbling trying to remember how to fire the Phoenix. Got shot down.. Spent probably 20 mins trying to figure out what I was doing in my start sequence and finally found this thread. In my log file, I notice the following lines after being hit:

2019-08-14 02:45:09.969 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_impact): gain

2019-08-14 02:45:09.969 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(F14_PILOT_COCKPIT:foley\damage_missileimpact): gain

2019-08-14 02:45:10.115 ERROR DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `false && "unknown format"` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Utils.cpp:39

2019-08-14 02:45:10.115 WARNING DX11BACKEND: Texture 'mods/aircraft/f14/cockpit/resources/indicationtextures/hb_vdi_broken.dds' has unknown format: 95

And then five seconds later I black out and restart the mission (where I cant get the right engine to spool up.) I'll host the miz and log files in a drive folder and edit this thread with the files. Maybe they will help you find the bug?

Of course I didnt save the tracks, and because it wasnt multiplayer, they didnt save automagically. But log file can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KVmul7Fck82eBsCI1KQJS2bAMHrKeMbw

TJ1376

Edited by Tj1376

Thank you, I forwarded it to Fat Creason so he can take a look. The error msgs from the log however seem unrelated (in my uneducated opinion).

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

In multiplayer, ka-50 right engine not starting using auto start on a server that doesn't have aircraft already started.

Auto start is a whole different story and probably totally unreleated to the issue discussed here.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Auto start is a whole different story and probably totally unreleated to the issue discussed here.

Totally unrelated and it just so happens to be the right engine not spooling up? Possibly unrelated, but possibly related. Isn't auto start just a script or macro that runs of all the right buttons done in order with the appropriate timing? I can hear them all slowly switching and it takes a few minutes. If it's just a script or macro, start up and re-spawn bugs should occur identically with both manual and auto start.

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

Totally unrelated and it just so happens to be the right engine not spooling up? Possibly unrelated, but possibly related. Isn't auto start just a script or macro that runs of all the right buttons done in order with the appropriate timing? I can hear them all slowly switching and it takes a few minutes. If it's just a script or macro, start up and re-spawn bugs should occur identically with both manual and auto start.

Yes, it is a script, which means the script itself can be faulty. Besides that it's a totally different aircraft.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've had one of these this OB patch too. Online, land-based start, right engine fails to start and only closing the game and restarting it brings it back. It certainly hasn't been as common for me as it was a few months ago.

I don't use auto-start.

We introduced what we thought was a fix a while ago, which at least seems to have reduced it a lot, but we are still looking for a solution that fixes it entirely.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I've had one of these this OB patch too. Online, land-based start, right engine fails to start and only closing the game and restarting it brings it back. It certainly hasn't been as common for me as it was a few months ago.

I don't use auto-start.

I can confirm the bug is back. After being shot down then respawn the right engine didnt start no matter I tried. Exit DCS the only thing could bring it back to normal.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 2 weeks later...

I had this bug happen to me the other day. Got teamkilled by a mirage on the Hoggit GAW server, respawned and couldn't start the right engine. I just got the tomcat so I thought perhaps I forgot the startup sequence. Exited the server and launched the cold start training. The right engine still wouldn't start, although the left started fine. The only fix was to restart the game, at which point the training mission and multiplayer worked properly again.

This is pretty much the most odd bug I have ever seen in DCS.

@HB: If you ever find out what causes this bug, I would really appreciate if you could share some insights to it, as I'm really curious what can cause such odd behaviour :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

In 150+ hours in the Tomcat, I’ve never had this issue - until now

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Its just happened to me a few minutes ago on my squadrons Persian Gulf Sandbox, It was a night flight, radar was bugging out and would not display a Mig21 within pissing distance of my aircraft, shot down, ejected after jester had popped the canopy and ejected himself (i think we ejected at the same time), restart, used the same slot, and still no dice.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol: