Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Hi,

It's not the first time that I try to use this software but each time I meet one problem.

I join here one small video where I meet these problems, impossible to drag my PDF file as I can see with the official video at 0.20 from the author of this software.

And impossible to convert one PDF to JPG, one idea ?

Here the official video where we can see the author drag the PDF file to the software at 0.20:

[ame]

[/ame]

My NET Framework 4.5 is last version and ok.

I use Windows 8.1 64 bits.

Here a link to my video, please do you have any solution ?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX40MkEqzgY&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Problem Kneeboardbuilder Mig-21

Hello AlaskanGrizzly I have a question for MiG-21 Kneeboardeinstellung. I have a problem that I can not move the position of the Mig-21 Kneeboard in the lower right corner / Save. When starting a mission or fast the window always start at the top left remains, although I have saved in the settings window on the bottom right corner. For the other flight modules also all ok, also i have a mission in getting a crash / error message from Windows - end, stopped Kneeboardbuilder work ...? I have the latest updates, date 19.08.2016 install for OA and OB.

Thanks for your help Challenger444

1.JPG.1f35ecdc249d8495f61b7cb8495cb665.JPG

2.thumb.jpg.855e6e6f192b49e67de27c5b2071842b.jpg

3.thumb.JPG.71ff9c8fa0c0773dcfee515ffd780be1.JPG

Edited by Challenger444

Maybe got this answer before have have already done?

Do you run Kneeboardbuilder as Administrator? Could be an issue!?

Greets

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good piece of work. I've not experienced issues some others have had and hope you stay with it. Would donate if that is an option.

Sorry if this has been covered but how can we get Gazelle L type as an option?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Version 1.6.7.9 is now available.

Changelog

- Added custom kneeboard support for SA342L

Link doesn't appear to be updated.

Thank you

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Unsure if this has been said before, but is this compatible with VR?

I mean, in VR, are we able to just put the kneeboard where we want to? Like, for instance, on our virtual knee (insane, uh? ^^), so we just have to look down to read the kneeboard?

Thanks

• Like 1

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hi AG, great app, now I am getting into it. Had problems at first but now running as admin, seems to be ok.

I thought I would share what I have done this morning with everybody.

I have always been a bit "meh" about kneeboards, because they were not on my knee.... So I thought, hmm, that old iPad is gathering dust, how do I get my kneeboard on there?

So, I found an app called TwoMonAir, for a few bucks. My old iPad is 1st gen, and only runs iOs 5.1.1. So the only app that would work is the TwoMonAir. (There is a USB version but it kept failing on me. Need a refund...). So this TwoMon app has an option to run the iPad as an extension to a monitor. I am already running a wide monitor, and a touch monitor below for Helios. In my options.lua I extended the width of the main monitor by 700px. Kept main Viewport to the actual monitor size (3440 x 1440).

Then in KB, it reads that the monitor is 4140 wide, and I push the Kneeboard to the top right corner, and Voila!

Kneeboard on my iPad, on my knee....

Brilliant!

Thanks AG!

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

Argh. My bitdefender is blocking the kneeboardbuilder download link telling me it is infected (the page is apparently infected with malware, not your app). Do you have an alternate dl link?

Edit: Never mind, I used my NAS download manager. No pesky bitdefender blocking.

Edited by BaD CrC

I love this kneeboard builder and the ease of use, but I have a question. There must be lots of kneeboard content that people have created is there a repository for people to upload their creations? and for less creative people like myself to download ?

This seems like a lazy persons post but I think that some people have more of an aptitude for creating stuff than others. Like myself I will add the start up sequence from a manual to the relevant kneeboard but I suspect others would take it furthur and customise them. I may be wrong and rambling but it was just a thought:)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! I have a problem since i used Malwarebyte or adwcleaner ....:cry: Kneeboardbuilder Crash to desktop ...

I have domwnload again the last version ,but it dont work .

I can lunch the kneeboardbuilder ,config for a plane ,but it crash to desktop when i use the profil ...

i have message Ghostscroipt.net.dll , this file his in folder , maybe it s blocked by a antivirus ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ! I have a problem since i used Malwarebyte or adwcleaner ....:cry: Kneeboardbuilder Crash to desktop ...

I have domwnload again the last version ,but it dont work .

I can lunch the kneeboardbuilder ,config for a plane ,but it crash to desktop when i use the profil ...

i have message Ghostscroipt.net.dll , this file his in folder , maybe it s blocked by a antivirus ???

Run as Administrator?

BTW, I cannot install this Application unless I turn off my antivirus.

Once installed, it runs fine with AV on.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi AG, great app, now I am getting into it. Had problems at first but now running as admin, seems to be ok.

I thought I would share what I have done this morning with everybody.

I have always been a bit "meh" about kneeboards, because they were not on my knee.... So I thought, hmm, that old iPad is gathering dust, how do I get my kneeboard on there?

So, I found an app called TwoMonAir, for a few bucks. My old iPad is 1st gen, and only runs iOs 5.1.1. So the only app that would work is the TwoMonAir. (There is a USB version but it kept failing on me. Need a refund...). So this TwoMon app has an option to run the iPad as an extension to a monitor. I am already running a wide monitor, and a touch monitor below for Helios. In my options.lua I extended the width of the main monitor by 700px. Kept main Viewport to the actual monitor size (3440 x 1440).

Then in KB, it reads that the monitor is 4140 wide, and I push the Kneeboard to the top right corner, and Voila!

Kneeboard on my iPad, on my knee....

Brilliant!

Thanks AG!

Great idea. I had looked into coding something like that in the past, but I couldn't find the time. I am glad there is already something out there that will work.

I love this kneeboard builder and the ease of use, but I have a question. There must be lots of kneeboard content that people have created is there a repository for people to upload their creations? and for less creative people like myself to download ?

This seems like a lazy persons post but I think that some people have more of an aptitude for creating stuff than others. Like myself I will add the start up sequence from a manual to the relevant kneeboard but I suspect others would take it furthur and customise them. I may be wrong and rambling but it was just a thought:)

It is a good idea but would require more time and effort than I am willing to put into developing and maintaining it. Perhaps there is someone else out there that would want to take on the challenge. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The profile is selected, and the viewporthandling.lua seems to be edited with the numbers I put into the kneeboard builder. The kneeboard still isn't relocated or resized though.

I use 4 screens. Three on top and one below. The three on top are "as one" with nvidia surround, but part of the kneeboard end up outside of the view below my surround screen.