UH-1H Huey Campaign - Medevac

Hmmm, these problems are the reason I just wanted to get this campaign done. Every new update breaks something, and a mission that works for me doesn't seem to work for others.

Sorry guys and gals, I'm between a rock and a hard place here.

Possibly the best solution is to play the missions individually so you can skip any that are broken.

I just simply don't have the time to work on this at the moment,so apologies for the hassle.

Hmmm, these problems are the reason I just wanted to get this campaign done. Every new update breaks something, and a mission that works for me doesn't seem to work for others.

Sorry guys and gals, I'm between a rock and a hard place here.

Possibly the best solution is to play the missions individually so you can skip any that are broken.

I just simply don't have the time to work on this at the moment,so apologies for the hassle.

Hey, don't worry about it. I know how it goes, been there. Playing the missions separately is just as much fun. Really great job!

To see this blooper after very looong flight is very frustrating.

Seriously.. this shouldn't happen in a simulation..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have completed the first three mission great work Wavehopper!

BTW to see Starways Vietnam terrain textures doesn't the mission have to take place in an Autumn month?

Los

Edited by Los

I can confirm that Mission 9 (the one with the storm) never gets completed :(

Also, wind directions in the briefings are confusing. You gave the direction the wind is blowing TO, not FROM as it's usually done in aviation.

General DCS problem. Wind direction in Mission Editor and briefing is given in TO directions, windspeed in ME is in knots, in briefing and ATC it is m/sec...

As far as I understand ATC is what real ATC does, but I would love to see at least in the briefing, both speeds and the direction FROM which the wind is blowing... :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...

Hey Wavehopper,

very nice campaign. I was just about to finish mission 11, when i noticed a small bug :

The Zone for the the second to last trigger is "LZ" instead of "LZ - Combat Hospital", so you can't finish the mission. I edited it for myself. Don't know if I am allowed to share it here. But it's an easy fix, anyone can do.

Thanks again for this great campaign!

• 3 months later...

I am totally unable to finish mission 10 now, the ship has troubles taking off Dublin and when corpses loaded - can't take off facing wind or going downslope of the hill. Going through the trees and speeding up on a road is like cheating, but then again - I missed landing spot on Dublin 10 meters and were unable to get up or speed up. Is there a trick (apart from the governor switch to accumulate energy) to help pilot going into transitional lift or the mission is broken?

Update: I tried and succeeded in cheating the game, changed the temperature from 50^C to 24^C and told the crew chief and the gunner to stay at base with their heavy weapons. I feel bad but finally I could go on - and discover the next mission is broken on last stage, the "mission complete" trigger never...triggers.

Edited by Kyuzo

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry people I’ve been extremely busy recently at home and work. To be honest with you I don’t particularly want to revisit it due to the sheer amount of time it will require (to date I still haven’t actually played the whole campaign myself).

Sorry folks, I know that’s not the answer you hoped for but if anyone here wants to take a stab at it you have my full blessing to do so. It was intended to be enjoyed by all, so if anyone can please feel free to.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost thru the campaign now. (Just got the Huey a month ago). Fantastic work, Wavehopper!

I gotta say, I'm enjoying this campaign way more than the stock UN campaign. (I never wanted to wear a blue helmet!)

A few things that must have been broken recently... In both mission 6 and 9, player helo spawns inside of an AI helo, to a catastrophic end. It seems that all helos have somehow been set to spawn on pad #1.

For those trying to fly the campaign, it's an easy fix...

Open the mission editor and load mission #6. (it's located in C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\Wavehopper Medevac\Medevac 6.miz)

Don't zoom or pan the map around --- no mission spoilers!

Click the "View Unit List" button on left toolbar. (near the bottom with a triangle, diamond and square in it)

uncheck everything except "Helicopters"

click on each helicopter listed, one at a time and IF Waypoint 0 is set to "Take off from parking" in the right hand Group Editor panel, then change the "PRK" parking spot, so that each helo is set to take off from it's own spot and no two helos take off from the same spot.

From the menu, save the mission with it's original name and in it's original location.

Do the same steps for Medevac 9.miz

Exit the mission editor.

Get back to flying!:pilotfly:

Thanks again for all your hard work, Wavehopper!

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

Almost thru the campaign now. (Just got the Huey a month ago). Fantastic work, Wavehopper!

I gotta say, I'm enjoying this campaign way more than the stock UN campaign. (I never wanted to wear a blue helmet!)

A few things that must have been broken recently... In both mission 6 and 9, player helo spawns inside of an AI helo, to a catastrophic end. It seems that all helos have somehow been set to spawn on pad #1.

For those trying to fly the campaign, it's an easy fix...

Open the mission editor and load mission #6. (it's located in C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\Wavehopper Medevac\Medevac 6.miz)

Don't zoom or pan the map around --- no mission spoilers!

Click the "View Unit List" button on left toolbar. (near the bottom with a triangle, diamond and square in it)

uncheck everything except "Helicopters"

click on each helicopter listed, one at a time and IF Waypoint 0 is set to "Take off from parking" in the right hand Group Editor panel, then change the "PRK" parking spot, so that each helo is set to take off from it's own spot and no two helos take off from the same spot.

From the menu, save the mission with it's original name and in it's original location.

Do the same steps for Medevac 9.miz

Exit the mission editor.

Get back to flying!:pilotfly:

Thanks again for all your hard work, Wavehopper!

Just wondering ... were you playing it on world 2.5 ?

Just wondering ... were you playing it on world 2.5 ?

World V2.5.4 Yes.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

Cheers for the update and glad you’re enjoying it. I would imagine there will be a fair few things wrong with the campaign now as it was made a couple of years ago (how time flies... pardon the pun).

Thanks for working out the fix Frags. It’s like trying to untangle Christmas lights.