C-101 update

Vibora

nice!

Any future plans to update the magnetic backup compass so it moves more realistically?

Thanks again.

We have already implemented dip error, turning and acceleration errors. We'll add inertia and oscillations, and it will get pitch/bank animation as well. We'll do all this soon.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

The regular updates are usually on Wendsdays, tough since the Viper they seem to be coming out on Fridays ... as this is on a Monday, I would say it's just a Hotfix to address a bug introduced on the last update ... so, just wait until a normal Update.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm really impressed by the continued work to updating and improving on what is an excellent module by AvioDev. This really is in my opinion the premium trainer aircraft in DCS. Keep up the good work AvioDev. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I'm really impressed by the continued work to updating and improving on what is an excellent module by AvioDev. This really is in my opinion the premium trainer aircraft in DCS. Keep up the good work AvioDev. :thumbup:

Same here! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...
Just tried the fracturing handle. Cool stuff.

Hi,

Wanted to try this fracturing handle, but cant find it on the Controls listing ... how do you use it?

Thanks

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

It's only available for the C-101CC.

It's only in the C-101CC. Just click and hold on the big yellow handle beside the ADF radio and move your mouse upward.

Got it, will try it for the ejection procedure :D .. on the EB if the rear pilot (usually the instructor) ejects, the front one (the student) should be ejected 0.4 seconds later, but it isn’t happening .. it is a bug or is still on WIP?

Got it, will try it for the ejection procedure :D .. on the EB if the rear pilot (usually the instructor) ejects, the front one (the student) should be ejected 0.4 seconds later, but it isn’t happening .. it is a bug or is still on WIP?

WIP.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aviodev.

I've just flown with a friend of mine the DCS C-101EB on multi-crew and we've experienced some issues.

- We couldn't raise the gear even after multiple attempts. We never exceeded any gear limitation. On single player ok.

- The VOR didn't look to get any DME reading even though we where navigating with VORTAC's in Nevada. TACAN's worked just fine. We had DME readings. But not on the same VORTAC's.

- It was a little confusing who had the power to switch radio frequencies and move CRS selectors. Any basic outlines on how to manage those NAV radios? Seems to me that only one person can select a frequency or el course and the authored meanwhile doesnt's have the chance to see what frequencies is the other guy setting. It was weird.

- We also experienced some random precession in the HSI even on "Select Brújula". Is it normal?

- Passing the controls to my colleague, sometimes experienced a huge lag. The accelerometer showed like an acceleration of +9G/-3G (crazy).

Any advice?

Muchas gracias compañero!

Hello boquinauer.

Multicrew in the C-101 is still WIP, some of the systems are complete but others will be done soon, once we complete real engine sounds which is taking our coder main efforts right now.

Regarding the issue with gear: take into account that in multicrew you must enter front cockpit first and then the other player should enter rear cockpit, doing it in this order you avoid some multicrew issues. It is a DCS bug, generic for any module with multicrew capability, so it is not related to our module exclusively, that means there's nothing we can do about it.

¡Saludos!

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, thanks for keeping the C-101 updated ... I will have to revise my Emergency procedure missions, to confirm that they still work and/or edit them to better handle Inverter failures :D

Cheers!

Another thing I like about the failures is that you can set them to go off really early (within a minute) so it gives you a reason to do your pre-flight checks. Even if you have the failures set to just 5% or something.

That being said, I noticed a possible bug with the inverters. As a test, I pulled the backup inverter CB and then caused a main inverter failure mid-flight. This caused all the expected systems to turn off which is great including the ADI and HSI. After a few seconds of doing turns in the jet, I pushed the backup inverter CB back in. As expected, the systems came back on but the ADI and HSI seemed to instantly realign to the correct attitude and heading. Is this realistic? I can try to attach a track if you want.

Thanks again for the updates.

Another thing I like about the failures is that you can set them to go off really early (within a minute) so it gives you a reason to do your pre-flight checks. Even if you have the failures set to just 5% or something.

That being said, I noticed a possible bug with the inverters. As a test, I pulled the backup inverter CB and then caused a main inverter failure mid-flight. This caused all the expected systems to turn off which is great including the ADI and HSI. After a few seconds of doing turns in the jet, I pushed the backup inverter CB back in. As expected, the systems came back on but the ADI and HSI seemed to instantly realign to the correct attitude and heading. Is this realistic? I can try to attach a track if you want.

Thanks again for the updates.

That is obviously not OK. We'll have to take a look at it, thanks for the report.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is obviously not OK. We'll have to take a look at it, thanks for the report.
Actually, I have to correct myself slightly. When there's a main inverter failure and the backup inverter CB is pulled, the aircraft still thinks the backup inverter is operative so no systems go down. Only when you put the switch from main to backup do all the systems go down.

The scenario where things behave as expected is when the backup inverter actually fails along with the main inverter.

Question. When the inverter goes down, should the ADI still allowed to move? It seems to be.

Thanks.

Edited by kontiuka

• 3 weeks later...

Looking pretty good! Thanks for the update on the upcoming update! I'm definitely looking forward to it! :)

Foxx

Aircraft: F/A-18, FC3

Intel Core i7 9700k / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD / Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB / Oculus Rift-S