Battery not simulated

Schmirco

Just out of curiosity, what do you expect after 10 minutes (you only power the intruments right?) ?

At least the R22 batteries reach from 20-24Ah so plenty of juice...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10min was only the last test.

30min of waiting with all Systems on and nothing happens.

I know another comparison with the UH, but the Huey died after a few minutes.

Its only a question.

Maybe just my fault :huh:

Edited by Schmirco

Yes, may be a misunderstanding from my side. It's long ago that I touched the UH-1. I only remember that all the power consuming systems of the Gazelle (Nadir, Viviane, RWR...) only come to life when exceeding a given engine rpm. I assumed this is the rpm at which the engine supplies the electrical systems. That given, I expected the battery to only power minor systems. According to the actual power draw a 24Ah battery should be able to supply the instruments for hours (like in your car).

I have to admit I'm lacking the enthusiasm to test this :lol:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah you're right, Viviane, RWR, NADIR... comes alive when engine is runnig, so no effects on Battery/Voltmeter.

But 80 minutes of fully cockpit lightning, fuelpumps, external lights and some more without any movements on the voltmeter?

Start with exact 26,5 volt and ends after 80 minutes with exactly the same value.

I'm guessing it is modelled because the module is out of early access (i.e. release quality) and according to the notes on the ED store has "authentic systems modeling".

I guess someone with time on their hands just needs to fire up whatever electrical systems are usable without the engines running and wait for them to die.

Yes but nope in fact.

Actually on the kamov-50 the elec panel isn't modeled. I guess that the dev didn't think that modeling the rear panel Voltmeter and Ampermeter was so relevant... So well, I waited in accelerated 12 hours with everything on in the helicopter including the abris (which consums a bit more than a pump), external lighting, landing spot etc. Guess what, nothing happened.

I simply wonder, what's the point of this thread ? Do you write a thesis on the gazelle batteries autonomy ? Go kill tanks instead... ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

I simply wonder, what's the point of this thread ? Do you write a thesis on the gazelle batteries autonomy ? Go kill tanks instead... ;)

Are you kidding?

Thats a flight sim, my understanding of a good flight sim is that all systems are simulated.

So i started this thread because i wanted to know i'f thats the case, no more no less.

"Go out and kill some tanks" nonsense talk Dude!

In normal operation, do pilots usually have issues with battery power, or do the ground crews tend to carry out correct maintenance?

This is a flight simulator last time I looked, and frankly, modelling the battery life has to be a pretty low priority for any developers - and no doubt a costly one?

If your idea of a good time is to sit there and watch a battery drain, then I suggest you may be looking in the wrong place? Generally, what people here do is fly aircraft, drop bombs on stuff and generally, have a life.

I guess given enough time and thought we could all pick fault with everything, but really? Battery simulation is such a huge concern you have to raise a thread on the subject? One might think you were all an ampere short of an ohm!

@NeilWillis

Next one who doesn't know whats the point of this thread is.

Yeah i'm sitting hour for hour in the gazelle and watching the voltmeter, its so much fun Dude... :doh:

In the UH and the AV-8B the battery is simulated, so i wanted only to know i'f that the same case in the gazelle.

Another one: no more, no less!

Easy enough for you?

People starting threads for every bullsh.t, thats okay but to ask the community for a simple technical question about a fundamental system of the helo, isn't????

Really?

Edited by Schmirco

Personally I don't give a damn whether the battery is simulated or not. However it would be nice to know the extent of what the developer has simulated, purely as a matter of interest and comparison against other modules.

What is unfortunate .. and this happens time and time again on these forums .. is the self-appointed forum police jumping in and claiming a thread has no purpose. Let the moderators decide that, and if you don't like a thread, ignore it and ...

Go kill tanks instead... ;)

I wonder if the doors hinges are well modeled either. I mean. I spent 4 hours opening and closing the doors at a very very high frequency (I slew down the time by 3 so I could push faster on the command), still the door opened and closed exactly in the same manner and with the same noise.

It really breaks my immersion.

I wonder if the doors hinges are well modeled either. I mean. I spent 4 hours opening and closing the doors at a very very high frequency (I slew down the time by 3 so I could push faster on the command), still the door opened and closed exactly in the same manner and with the same noise.

It really breaks my immersion.

lmao:megalol:https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/megalol.gif

@NeilWillis

Next one who doesn't know whats the point of this thread is.

Yeah i'm sitting hour for hour in the gazelle and watching the voltmeter, its so much fun Dude... :doh:

In the UH and the AV-8B the battery is simulated, so i wanted only to know i'f that the same case in the gazelle.

Another one: no more, no less!

Easy enough for you?

People starting threads for every bullsh.t, thats okay but to ask the community for a simple technical question about a fundamental system of the helo, isn't????

Really?

Ask yourself this then...

If the battery is modelled, what difference does it make? If it isn't, what difference does it make?

Frankly, life is simply too short to worry about stuff that really, fundamentally, doesn't make the slightest difference at all. As for forum policing, are we not allowed to express an opinion that contradicts someone else's without having to pass out from police academy? I was asking a fundamental question of the need for battery modelling when it is a feature that a. no one in their right mind would ever test, and b. makes such a little difference to flying well maintained aircraft (and military aircraft are allegedly highly maintained, wouldn't you agree?).

If I take the time to point out a little factet, why do you consider that forum policing? I don't recall saying anything about what anyone is or isn't allowed to say, I just questioned the logic of a frankly unnecessary detail that has such little impact on flight operations that it isn't worth even a passing consideration. Who in their right mind sits in a real world aircraft just to watch the voltage decay over the course of an hour or more?

Cease being in the personnal attacks... There are two ways to take what I said. On a joke point of view, well forgive me but your question is fun, because there is no real point in modeling the batteries and you still look very concerned about them, so well, I may be a troll (don't know) but for me it's fun, and as long as fun still isn't forbidden on this forum, I laugh a bit ^^

On a serious point of view, I gave you real argument coming directly from what is, from the general way of thinking, a reference. The kamov-50, where batteries weren't modeled either, and I spent 1 hour only for you watching a clock moving in accelerated to see if Poly was the only studio which didn't model it. (which actually is the exact behavior I laughed about, you'll note)

So the serious answer would be what was said earlier : on some aircrafts, there is simply no point in modeling the batteries because it will increase CPU loading on one side, be quite useless on another side. The sa342M1 from 1998 batteries are a bit better than the Huey ones : they may keep working few hours with everything on, so there is no real point in modeling them.

Hoping that it will be a tastier answer for you ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

dimitriovs trolling is one of the defining features of this forum section, it just wouldn't be the same without him.

Do the real batteries last longer than the fuel in flight with a generator failure? If they do then I'd agree that it's not a very useful feature.

Are you kidding?

Thats a flight sim, my understanding of a good flight sim is that all systems are simulated.

So i started this thread because i wanted to know i'f thats the case, no more no less.

"Go out and kill some tanks" nonsense talk Dude!

it is precisely a flight simulator not an electric test bench simulator. steal and stop looking for useless detail. if you want to have real constraints, pass your pilot's license and fly IRL.

@Nicolas

In the UH the Batterie isn't much powerful and in cold conditions you doesn't have infintly time for the startup.

Same when the Gen died i think.

Thats the point for the question.

When the gazelle batterie is much more powerful and feed the helo for a few hours like in cars there are no points to simulate him.

But again, it was only a simple question.

@Sanbato

So other values are also useless hm? Like Temp, Pressure, Fuelflow and so on.

Because its not a temperature test bench... or pressure test bench ...

Please push your contributions somewhere else.