INSIDES / SPOILER ALARM

CHPL

If you already have, or you interested in, flying this campaign, you know about the different opinions and their level of difficulty.

The main goal is providing fun for everyone. Everyone can fly this campaign as already mentioned in a different thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4022772&postcount=1

It is easier to do with some insights.

There are some ways to shorten or to avoid some tasks.

It is up to you if or when you use this "additional." information.

We also provide videos in a different thread showing some tasks or whole missions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249786

:smartass:But we always advise you to try it first on your own.:smartass:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

MISSION 1

MISSION 1

Mission 1 is the most controversy discussed mission in the whole campaign. Most of the critical (negative) statements made are simply false.

Not because somebody lied. He just was unable to cope with the situation. He did not realize or simply ignore all the advice, recommendations, or warnings because of that.

But as always, there is a good reason why she is like she is.

Mission 1 is something like a qualifying examination that proofs necessary skills when it comes to serious helicopter missions.

TASK 1

1. Is the player familiar with his aircraft and able to startup by himself?

2. Do you know your radios and instruments?

If both answers are YES: You will be in the air after 12 minutes and 20 seconds.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4039404&postcount=2

If not, the mission will first help you over the radio menu F10 and gives you all the time you need. Reading the checklist referring to the UH-1 flight manual, make a break whenever you want. It is up to you.

The mission will not break because of time elapsed.

TASK 2

Following the AI is always a pain when they change altitude.

It is easier when you keep some distance at takeoff as advice.

When at 500 feet cruising altitude, the AI fly like a train on a straight railroad track. No changes at all during en route over open water.

At this time you will be ordered to get closer.

Only during that steady en-route flight, you get reprimanded when losing formation or at a later point when under radar surveillance diverting from altitude.

If you fail more than five times during that lag to keep formation or to stay at the assigned altitude within +- 50 feet, you get technical problems.

THERE IS ALWAYS A WARNING

When exceeding the propper distance in formation-flight and when exceeding the tolerance level concerning the altitude.

TASK 3

Landing on the Frigate.

TASK 4

Back to BATUMI.

After the landing on the Frigate, the counter for formation and altitude is reset and starts again when close to Wolf 1 in en-route flight.

When at the first bridge and you been advised to check them, you are free in choosing distance speed and altitude.

:cry:If you have significant problems so far, you will never ever made it thru Mission 2, 3, 4 or all the others following. :cry:

You like it easier?

My personal advice, with all respect: Fly the KA-50. It looks like a Helicopter but flys like a drone. Many hits from a save distance and safe altitude promised.

But as I am sad, there will always be a different way! SPOILER ALARM

You can avoid the formation task effortless by nether getting close to WOLF 1 in the first place. Stay away, and as long as you did not hear:

PETER / CO

- - Hold formation and get closer !- -

or on the way back

PETER / CO

WOLF 1 -WOLF 2 – back in your fairway - -

you can do whatever you won't as long you have visual to WOLF 1

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 months later...

MISSION 5_1

MISSION 5_1

In that Mission, it is essential to choose the right flightpaths using terrain for cover as much as possible.

It is also important not to overfly the battlefield because at low level you've been an easy target to enemy ground forces and on higher altitudes, you may get the attention of a KA-50 covering the incoming Mi-8 deploying troops on the mountain top.

The added map shows The Landing Zones as well as the "save" flightpaths between them.

Many of you struggling with LZ 3, the tree where you have to deploy troops. If you follow the advice of your copilot and chooses the right flightpath you can't miss it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223609&stc=1&d=1577102154

2142153310_Mission5MissionsbeschreibungTask3.thumb.jpg.0c865cc7a35e479fdc80c160369c121a.jpg

Always happy landings ;)

MISSION 5_2

Mission 5_2

As in Mission 5_1, the right flight path is essential for a save passage thro the first part of the mission.

If you not aware of your position and the directions in accordance with the compass readings you cant follow the advice of your copilot and easily get lost.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223610&stc=1&d=1577102636

760768995_Mission5_2MissionsbeschreibungTask1.thumb.jpg.dd2e96a729da75fc2368ab87c4b927ae.jpg

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

MISSION 5 / How to avoid being shot down!

- - I've tried to take it slow; my nerves can't make it.- -

- - SPOILER ALLARM - -

TROP TRANSPORT TASK / BATHING IN ADRENALINE

And how to avoid being shot down!

When on the battlefield, more crucial than precisely flying the helicopter is situation awareness. To find suitable ways and to avoid getting into the firing line.

This video shows the Transport task in Mission 5-1 from the pilot's perspective two times.

So I did it a second time and at the end of the task, I flew directly over the battlefield.

All this time, not coming even close to getting shot down.

FIRST TRY: It's about 10 to 12 minutes flight and the first time after 6 months. So I was top off with adrenalin, not my best flying at all.

SECOND TRY / ClOSE TO A HARD ATTACK

Give me more time and fly over the battlefield at the end.

Always happy landings ;)