VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Is there a proper guide to how to use VKBDevCfg yet?

Until someone get use to this software and write a how to, the only know and available guide in English is the one linked there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199464

But was made by Russian guy - I guess VictorUS, seems not VKB employer, with limited English knowledge.

Besides this DevCfg use enigmatic names for functions - that sometimes confuse even their creator: :D

"Instead of the TrRst function, it's probably better to use the TrimmerSet function with the desired character:"

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/970-programmirovanie-dzhojstikov-ot-vkb/page-27#entry589036

A kind of "virtual axis of the trimmer (Dial-Slider 1)".

No clue for what use this - Slider1 is created by Y axis movement - if a button is pressed (?):

post-6112-0-81922300-1516041072.gif

Edited by Sokol1_br

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime, I want to modify how my fold down trigger works - if possible.

When it is folded UP, I want it to briefly trigger a button press. At the moment it holds button #24. I only want it to fire for, oh say half a second.

When it is folded DOWN, but without being pulled, I also want a brief button press. When I pull the trigger, button #3 fires as long as I hold it, and that is fine. Don't want any change here.

Anyone know how to achieve this? Thank you.

I've found this on the Russian IL2 forums, posted by Alex Oz (developer of VKBdevCfg) - translated via Google Translate (maybe this is helpful):

Activate the virtual trigger buttons by the Enable MCG PRO Trigger option (for the non-PRO version this procedure is meaningless).

The trigger allows you to separately activate and use the following virtual buttons that are tied to trigger positions (selected by the corresponding checkbox):

Safe : the button is triggered when the trigger is in the flipped position. The button has a hard setting (approximately starting from half the stroke forward).

Armed and Fire - have sliders for setting the "trigger" position (the slider is to the right, the later when the button is clicked).

Armed has 15 conditional gradations, Fire - 7 (the current level can be viewed by hovering the cursor on the desired slider)

SFNi8iY.jpg

The array of buttons is set by the first button Safe (But N), the others are automatically tied.

With the above settings, no buttons are pressed in the middle position of the trigger.

If it is required that the button is pressed in the free center position - it is necessary to perform a different calibration procedure in another way (bring it to the center from the Safe position slightly without leading it) and set the sensitivity slider Armed to the leftmost position.

Further on the Buttons-Logical layer tab, you can make the mapping of the logical buttons to taste (if not satisfied with the default).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

... default Slider 1 is "GATE CONT" hat switch left/right.

This programming example is related to Gladiator, but certainly valid for Gunfighter bases:

Combi-trimmer for example, on Gladiator:

Axes names are Windows default - when used Windows HID drivers, case of VKB sticks. Custom joy drivers, e.g. Saitek, Tm, can use other names for axes.

Ordered MCG from AliExpress VKB store, China to Lithuania in just 6 days including clearing the customs and 2 holidays. Made it work without any problems, thanks to excellent guides. The grip is fantastic! Great job, VKB guys, thank you.

Same over here, ordered from the AliExpress website and received it today (I'm located in western Europe), just 8 days - strange, I didn't have to pay any customs to retrieve the package, the clerk told me that there was none. Incredible stick so far. I'll have to wait this weekend until testing it a bit.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

strange, I didn't have to pay any customs to retrieve the package, the clerk told me that there was none. Incredible stick so far. I'll have to wait this weekend until testing it a bit.

I wasn't so lucky, and had to pay customs fee. Luckily, we have electronic system for this in my country, so it took 20 min to submit documents electronically and after 6 hours parcel was cleared. Not big deal.

Regarding configuring the grip for Gunfighter, I highly recommend to everyone excellent guide by rrode. Just followed the instructions and had everything running in no time :pilotfly:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=8185

PS Had Warthog grip before that, but light weight of MCG is what make my gunfighter to reveal it full potential. Significantly easier and precise with light grip.

Edited by Lehmen
  • Like 1

Along the line of Lehmen's post, I've also put together this (unofficial) condensed guide on how to flash/reset/calibrate your Gunfighter + MCG setup:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gunfighter-MCG-Flash-Reset-Calibration-Guide.pdf

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've found this on the Russian IL2 forums, posted by Alex Oz (developer of VKBdevCfg) - translated via Google Translate (maybe this is helpful):

Activate the virtual trigger buttons by the Enable MCG PRO Trigger option (for the non-PRO version this procedure is meaningless).

The trigger allows you to separately activate and use the following virtual buttons that are tied to trigger positions (selected by the corresponding checkbox):

Safe : the button is triggered when the trigger is in the flipped position. The button has a hard setting (approximately starting from half the stroke forward).

Armed and Fire - have sliders for setting the "trigger" position (the slider is to the right, the later when the button is clicked).

Armed has 15 conditional gradations, Fire - 7 (the current level can be viewed by hovering the cursor on the desired slider)

SFNi8iY.jpg

The array of buttons is set by the first button Safe (But N), the others are automatically tied.

With the above settings, no buttons are pressed in the middle position of the trigger.

If it is required that the button is pressed in the free center position - it is necessary to perform a different calibration procedure in another way (bring it to the center from the Safe position slightly without leading it) and set the sensitivity slider Armed to the leftmost position.

Further on the Buttons-Logical layer tab, you can make the mapping of the logical buttons to taste (if not satisfied with the default).

This is somewhat helpful, aside from the instruction not making any sense, but why the heck is this coming off the Russian IL2 board and not from VKB? I've been asking questions about this on the VKB tech support forum for a week and there they won't even confirm how the folding trigger is supposed to work in the first place.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

This is somewhat helpful, aside from the instruction not making any sense, but why the heck is this coming off the Russian IL2 board and not from VKB? I've been asking questions about this on the VKB tech support forum for a week and there they won't even confirm how the folding trigger is supposed to work in the first place.
I actually just went through calibrating my folding trigger and I couldn't agree with you more. Documentation is pretty poor. If you need help with the folding trigger let me know and I'll hope on voice with you if you need it. I was having major problems with it before I figured out how you needed to calibrate it.

... but why the heck is this coming off the Russian IL2 board and not from VKB?

In IL-2.ru forum are a sub-forum for VKB, and in the same way that people talk more about VKB here in this ED forum or Reedit than in official VKB forum, in that forum people too talk more than in VKB official forum, just because this places are more visible/used.

This post about MCG trigger was made before grip shipping/release..

Now why was not posted in VKB forum is another story. ;)

Thank you Sokol, you're always very helpful.

I bought the Gunfighter Mk II Pro + MCG Pro from VKB China a couple of weeks ago. Got the VAT+tax bill today, which was about 160 USD.

So the stick + Visa/Western Union fee, shipping to Norway and tax ended up at just over 700 USD total.

It's not cheap, that's for sure. But it's no ordinary toy either. Except for the Pro trigger not working properly yet, and some pretty cryptic calibration software, I'm incredibly happy with it. Build quality and functionality is great. I would easily recommend it to anyone.

I got it from China in less than a week, no hassle at all. So if you're in anywhere else than NA and itching to get your hands on it, I wouldn't hesitate to go ahead pull the trigger in the China shop. Just make sure you don't pull the mcg pro trigger. If you do it's gonna be anyone's guess whether you're actually buying it or not... ;-)

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

Buy from china or wait for the incoming ship that is supposed to arrive to europe soon that is the question. Might be weeks or months before it arrives and my birthday is coming up :thumbup:

Also waiting on a t-50 to arrive after being serviced.

Would be nice to compare the 2 and maby sell one later.

Buy from china or wait for the incoming ship that is supposed to arrive to europe soon that is the question. Might be weeks or months before it arrives and my birthday is coming up :thumbup:

This is exactly why I bought from the AliExpress store. I'm going to leave for several months and I would not risk to miss the MCG Pro on the european store. VKB products are sold like hot cakes and each time they sell out in a matter of weeks. Got my grip in 8 days, even faster than my previous order with the european dealer.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Except for the Pro trigger not working properly yet

If you're talking about the foldable metal trigger, you need to calibrate it correctly (along with all other axes).

Please follow this guide: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gunfighter-MCG-Flash-Reset-Calibration-Guide.pdf (jump to pages 4 +5 for calibration).

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This is exactly why I bought from the AliExpress store. I'm going to leave for several months and I would not risk to miss the MCG Pro on the european store. VKB products are sold like hot cakes and each time they sell out in a matter of weeks. Got my grip in 8 days, even faster than my previous order with the european dealer.

My Card just got alot lighter :) hoping for the same fast shipping time as the rest of you guys.

One firmware for the Gunfighter's BlackBox (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/BB_GF_v1_92_1.zip); snippet from the readme:

VKB-Sim BlackBox controller

- Gunfighter

- Modern Combat Grip Pro

- T-Rudder Mk4

You just need to include the T-Rudders in your calibration.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If you're talking about the foldable metal trigger, you need to calibrate it correctly (along with all other axes).

Please follow this guide: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Gunfighter-MCG-Flash-Reset-Calibration-Guide.pdf (jump to pages 4 +5 for calibration).

Thanks, but calibration is not the issue. Check my post under technical support in the VKB forums, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Rrohde

Problem is MCG trigger end replicating RL trigger:

work.018.3.jpg

"There are three positions: 1 — neutral; 2 — preset; 3 – combat mode."

But in game world is need press "C"* for fold Ka-50 trigger up and lock fire weapons, press "C" again to fold trigger down and unlock fire weapons, or fold up Fw 190 trigger blocking A and B Knopf or put Spitfire "BBC" trigger on safety or fire, hence the button in MCG trigger up position (safety) need be momentary on "press" and on "release" for mimic game need's - press "C" and make in game trigger match MCG trigger movement.

*Or button mapped for this function.

They have option to select DHL for shipping. And DHL use planes, no ships, so no need to wait for weeks.

Rrohde

Problem is MCG trigger end replicating RL trigger:

work.018.3.jpg

"There are three positions: 1 — neutral; 2 — preset; 3 – combat mode."

But in game world is need press "C"* for fold Ka-50 trigger up and lock fire weapons, press "C" again to fold trigger down and unlock fire weapons, or fold up Fw 190 trigger blocking A and B Knopf or put Spitfire "BBC" trigger on safety or fire, hence the button in MCG trigger up position (safety) need be momentary on "press" and on "release" for mimic game need's - press "C" and make in game trigger match MCG trigger movement.

*Or button mapped for this function.

Ah, thanks for the info, Sokol! :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thankyou Sokol and Rrohde for your responses. Doesn't look like I can use the folding trigger how I'd like to yet. Can I suggest VKB make proper documentation a priority, and hopefully make the momentary button presses on folding trigger stages (up and neutral) a possibility.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Another shout out to VKB (Rrohde and UIV especially). I ended up shipping my stick and base to Rrohde, the same day the package arrived it was troubleshot, a circuit board replaced and shipped back to me... on a Saturday! Pretty good, I just thought it would all be done on Monday.

Anyway, thanks VKB.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo