F-8 Crusader

MrDieing

I think you've missed one keyword from my previous post: "AI units".

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Getting AI into the base of the game still requires having a license.

Not too sure about that. DCS, the core program, is “free”. If they included an AI Typhoon (for example) I’m pretty sure that would fall under fair use/art/whatever. Selling a Typhoon module requires liscense. Look at the AI units available now...ED does not liscenses with all those defense contractors.

You dont need bullet 4, unless the manufacturer itself was involved with the dev team to create the module.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

You dont need bullet 4, unless the manufacturer itself was involved with the dev team to create the module.

IIRC RAZBAM never got it for the Mirage, hence why it's called the M-2000 instead of Mirage 2000.

And I doubt you guys sought it for the MiG-21, at least between the input from beczl when he was still kicking around and Dolphin.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

This would mean any method I suppose? Such as you asking a museum for a private tour of an aircraft to 3D scan for photogrammetry that the manufacturer provided? (kind of like Draken International)

KzXC3IQu-Ds

Bouncy.

h-nOT9hMqz8

XkvYmA3K-E4

The most modern footage is, not surprisingly of Aeronavale Crusaders as it soldiered on until '99 for them. So, the F-8J/F-8E(FN) idea might hold some merit in that the French have some of the most recent experience with the aircraft

EYs_4K2nevA

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

If they want to make the French version to draw more people in great. But it's the Vietnam version I want to buy.

There's a post about the similarities between the J and the E(FN) earlier in the thread and seemed like the best approach to satisfy the most.

So, I can't really think of a module I'd rather see in DCS right now, and I'm glad to see Magnitude-3 commit to it because I think there's no way that the F-8 doesn't turn out to be a boatload of fun. I just hope they're going to support it a bit better than they have my other favorite module, which still has a few issues after many years in early access now. Gonna' hold out and hope, though, as the MiG has been getting better in the last few months, and currently has one of the most enjoyable flight models in DCS.

Edited by Shively

The video with the porpoising was interesting. I guess no propellor to strike so what the hell!

You can see that he has one (left) flap fully down and the other is still up, so with such imbalance it was actually a very good landing and a very dangerous situation for the pilot, which he handled in my opinion very well.

The little anecdote about pilot position when parking on a flight deck made me think:

M3, could you please consider making provisions for a system of having the F-8 pushed by ground crew when landed? It has a free castering nosewheel and while that works quite alright for, say, a MiG-21, I'm sure that steering solely through differential braking is going to be a major pain on the tight spaces of an aircraft carrier.

Please think of this ahead of time.

• 4 weeks later...
I also wanted to add that this module is going to need new AI units as well, due to the time period of the aircraft. At minimum we would need A-4 Skyhawks, A-7 Corsair IIs, or KA-3B Skywarriors providing refueling, as the KA-6D wasn't around until the 1970's and the S-3B wasn't used as a tanker until the 1990's.

pluging1.jpg

FIGHTER+SQUADRON+TWO+ONE+ONE+_++VF-211+FIGHTING+CHECKMATES+THE+SECOND+VF-211+_++ALIAS+THE+MiG+KILLERS+21.jpg

A-7B_VA-155_refueling_F-8J_VF-191_1972.jpg

Of course we would need new AI units to simulate a late 1950's/1960's/early to mid 1970's carrier deck as well, depending on the version of Crusader that is modeled.

Mid 1950's and 1960's:

F-11F Tiger

F-4D Skyray

F-3H Demon

1960's to 1970's:

F-4B/J/N

A-4A/B/C/D/E/F Skyhawk

A-7A/B/C/E Corsair II

A-5C Vigilante

RA-5C Vigilante

1950's to 1970's

A-1J/H Skyraider

A-3B Skywarrior

KA-3B Skywarrior

EAK-3B Skywarrior

S-2 Tracker

Added to the Vacant model list

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115

Remember A-7 corsair II has planned by RAZBAM

If it was not fully qualified to but it was able to carry them and launch them then I am fine with it personally. Its not always bad to skip some of the bureacracy ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

From which period is F-8J variant? Vietnam war or later?

Based on the documents we have right now, of which most recent one was released in March 1973, I'd expect a version closer to Vietnam War Era.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Based on the documents we have right now, of which most recent one was released in March 1973, I'd expect a version closer to Vietnam War Era.

Based on that specific year then this F-8 will have access to the AIM-9H version of the Sidewinder in addition to probably the older D and G?

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3