Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

I do not understand the hysteria in here. ED has already made a free update for the MiG-29. So why shouldn't they make a free update for the Ka-50, too?

I am sorry to hear that some people had to buy the Ka-50 again to play it in DCS, but that was a different thing.

I think there is a merit for a free cockpit and system upgrade in KA-50. And why so?

The KA-50 has been how many years with the "not-implemented" features?

A 3D refreshment and retexturing is not a reason to request a payment. That is just a updating the module and get new customers buy updating module to current standards.

Implementing the missing features that were known to exist, yet not modeled, that is again reason not to need payment. Those were features the aircraft should already have. If there are switches in the cockpit but technology didn't allow things like proximity fuze and fragmentation explosion simulation, then those should be free when new technology allows to make them so.

But if it is anything new like KA-50Sh, then no question, full module price. But I would still take that 3D, textures and implementation of missing features to current one.

After all, they wouldn't stop selling the Black Shark 2 (that should be renamed just as Black Shark) as that is still getting customers, and more after update to new technology.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I would love to see the old bird get a new lease of life. I'd be happy to pay full module price for an upgraded KA-50N.

Update the textures and keep our current Ka-50 exactly as she is. Even if i had a KA-50N i'd still like to come back to our current beloved just as she is. Sell both BS2 and BS3 seperately. No one is forced to buy the new module if they do not want it.

If they could just fix the ilumination of switches in the cockpit I'd be happy, I owned the original blackshark and when moving to the new version not being able to see at a glance if the A/P mode switches were engaged is a pain.

If they want to continue selling it as a product they need to not only fix the many bugs but bring it up to the current standards both in aesthetics and functionality. If it is going to be a seperate paid upgrade it needs to come down from the store as is or current owners should get USD$49.99 off of the price of the new module.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to get the new cockpit / general artwork overhaul and some fixes, most importantly the ability to buddy lase for other units with that mode that's used for Kh-25MLs. I mean, this does work in the Su-25 as well already... rainbowdashwink.png

Oh, and I really would totally appreciate if we could have that Tetris easteregg on the ABRIS that has been photoshopped by some guys in the past. I'd even pay five bucks just for that alone... dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have to admit I feel like the BlackShark section here is one of the more negative regarding dev feedback and patience when waiting for patches or new features. I'm not trying to say that ED treats the Shark as their favortie module exactly... but I think we would do well to just be patient and positive. They've been working on some super cool and very resource intensive tasks that also pay the bills lately. They kinda gotta pay the bills first...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I have to admit I feel like the BlackShark section here is one of the more negative regarding dev feedback and patience when waiting for patches or new features. I'm not trying to say that ED treats the Shark as their favortie module exactly... but I think we would do well to just be patient and positive. They've been working on some super cool and very resource intensive tasks that also pay the bills lately. They kinda gotta pay the bills first...

:thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I wonder if you would say the same if there was 2132131 updates for the Shark and other RWs with new Farps, RW ATC and RW modules and content and fixes coming every week and nothing for the f-18/14, carriers and other navy bla bla. And the only promised update gets delayed from the end of 2018 for unknown state/date in the future because devs are busy with the Helicopters. Does the carrier hornet/tomcat fans would be patient to wait a few more years without expressing their feelings in the forum ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M1Combat makes a good point, but I also understand some of the frustration that many feel with this prolonged wait. Please allow me to opine a bit on this matter.

The original Black Shark came out 11 years ago in 2008 and the current version we all play now (BS2) came out in 2011. Since that time, apart from some smaller maintenance patches that were released over the years, it hasn't seen much attention. And that's fine, it looked great and plays well and for me at least has been a source of joy for over a decade of sim flying. That's a remarkable achievement.

However, during that same time frame, people that owned and loved the Black Shark watched as new modules were announced and released, and huge engine changes came about which transformed this simulation into the masterpiece we have today. Some of the those changes, most recently the implementation of the new lighting shaders, also broke some features that had to that point worked without issue (the AP button backlighting and cockpit lighting) and this just compounded a bit the feelings of abandonment some may have felt. Issues with the Datalink are also perceived as "easy to fix" since they work in other modules.

The truth of the situation is only really known by ED, and they have gone on record to say that changes for the Black Shark are forthcoming. Excitement began to build and now that we are getting deeper into 2019 with those changes seemingly postponed for undisclosed reasons, that frustration is again building.

I get it. I really do. I can sympathize with those that come off as negative as they feel their issues with the module are unheeded or ignored. I also know exactly what ED is feeling as I was a game developer myself and know that priorities shift, projects and work gets delayed and that list of open issues never seems to get any shorter and communicating this stuff to an audience that is often very vitriolic can sometimes be counter productive. People often demand constant updates but often there are simply no updates to provide. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I have faith that ED is aware of the issues with the module. They know what they have said about what is in store for this module and I am certain they know we all want those issues fixed. They are also keenly aware of the fact that they once said it would be out last year and then they were unable to do that. I would be willing to bet they weren't happy about pushing the release of the new cockpits for the Ka-50 and A-10 out anymore than we were when we found out it wasn't coming out in time for Christmas.

This is where we are now. ED said a new cockpit is in the works and I take them at their word. When will it be released? I don't know, but I am not letting this fact keep me from enjoying DCS any less because of it. It's April 17th and my AP buttons don't light up and haven't in a long time. Okay, that's annoying but its far from the end of the world. Maybe my Datalink doesn't share data like it should. Hell, my Shkval tracking gates have sometimes acted with a mind of their own after destroying a moving target for 11 years now but I have managed to deal with it all this time and will continue to do so. I paid my money for Black Shark. Actually I paid for it multiple times as I bought the Russian version of BS, then the English, then the upgrade to BS2. And I feel like it was worth every penny and if ED decide they want to make a BS3 and charge for it, I will buy that too.

Why? Because I believe in the mission that ED is doing. I believe in their products and I believe in their desire to make the best products they can make. It's the same desire all good game developers have, even when they miss a release date or introduce a few bugs into their code.

Equally true is that I understand how some people are inpatient and maybe a bit negative and frustrated. That is their path and for them it's justified. I opted to go a different path and hopefully in time those paths will join again in the skies of DCS as we all have something new to play with in our beloved Black Sharks.

Take care everyone!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt_BFC
oh why not...

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

I wonder if you would say the same if there was 2132131 updates for the Shark and other RWs with new Farps, RW ATC and RW modules and content and fixes coming every week and nothing for the f-18/14, carriers and other navy bla bla. And the only promised update gets delayed from the end of 2018 for unknown state/date in the future because devs are busy with the Helicopters. Does the carrier hornet/tomcat fans would be patient to wait a few more years without expressing their feelings in the forum ?

From what I see is that BS 2 was released on November 2011. Every software has it's life cycle. It just unfair and un-polite to demand to get things for free. Or maybe it's only fair to demand from others to work for free? No company could run a business the way that once they release the software they provide free updates till end of the time. BS 2 is still working, its actually a great fun if you jump into it but really don't expect that you get a new features and like some expected a new version (BS 3) for free after 8 years since the release. F/A-18 is still in beta phase, prior the release and under heavy development. Try to measure your expectations as you're comparing two totally different things. This whole demands towards ED for BS 2 free updates is like complaining that Dice isn't dropping new free content for Battlefield 3 anymore... (also released in 2011).

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

From what I see is that BS 2 was released on November 2011. Every software has it's life cycle. It just unfair and un-polite to demand to get things for free. Or maybe it's only fair to demand from others to work for free? No company could run a business the way that once they release the software they provide free updates till end of the time. BS 2 is still working, its actually a great fun if you jump into it but really don't expect that you get a new features and like some expected a new version (BS 3) for free after 8 years since the release. F/A-18 is still in beta phase, prior the release and under heavy development. Try to measure your expectations as you're comparing two totally different things. This whole demands towards ED for BS 2 free updates is like complaining that Dice isn't dropping new free content for Battlefield 3 anymore... (also released in 2011).

If you follow this thread, you will see that I support with both hands this to be paid upgrade to BS3 and I am willing to pay full module price for it. I never asked for it to be free, so please familiarize with what the thread is all about before posting.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken (bugs introduced with the new graphic engine) and not sell it at full price... or just say that it will not be full compatible with this version of DCS. It's not about a free upgrade or not, but we are talking about an update that is necessary to bring this module to the level of others, and in my opinion should be free because right now it's sold at full price

I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken (bugs introduced with the new graphic engine) and not sell it at full price... or just say that it will not be full compatible with this version of DCS. It's not about a free upgrade or not, but we are talking about an update that is necessary to bring this module to the level of others, and in my opinion should be free because right now it's sold at full price

i agree, i have paid a fair few quid out for modules for this and although i understand things have costings attached, it IS only fair that current modules are brought up to date, especially as the KA is a study sim and really needs to be fully functioning and at 50 quid i would expect it to be.

IF BS3 is just an update of BS2, then its only right that it should be a patch for those who have already paid for it and whatever for new users.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

M1Combat makes a good point, but I also understand some of the frustration that many feel with this prolonged wait. Please allow me to opine a bit on this matter.

[...]

Great post! I really wish the old rep system was still in place, that's certainly a +1 :)

I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken [...]

I agree that there are problems with the Black Shark and it doesn't quite work as advertised. The whole SAS and AP and trim stuff is difficult enough as it is, and then having to deal with the lights that simply don't reflect the current AP state, that's certainly not making things any easier.

But to be honest, even in the current state I believe BS2 is one of the most hard-core, in-depth helicopter sims available for PC, and is basically rivaled only by other DCS helicopters (as far as I know, and in my personal opinion). Yeah, there's stuff that needs to be fixed, but the DCS Ka-50 is still a beast on every virtual battlefield, and a joy to fly.

Does the carrier hornet/tomcat fans would be patient to wait a few more years without expressing their feelings in the forum ?

No, and that's not what I said I think the Shark pilots should do. I said we should be patient and positive. That's a very different thing from "Shut your pie-hole".

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Well said! :thumbup:

Edited by j0nx

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf