Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Thanks for sharing the SOPs link, didn't know about it.

Maybe you should take a look at the original post of this thread then, as the SOP and a lot of other helpful resources are linked there ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe you should take a look at the original post of this thread then, as the SOP and a lot of other helpful resources are linked there ;)

I didn't noticed the link. I saw one over the website but it is not the same.

Sorry, I guess.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

The SOP link in first post has been broken since almost forever.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

I've been playing a lot of offline sp to learn the various modules, but would not mind trying some mp on this server. The Blue Flag campaign is an awesome concept and looks fantastic and very professional so kudos to all involved in setting it up and running it.

My question is, how accepting and patient are the member players online to new players? I can fly the A10C, F5E and FA18 well enough, and employ weapons, however, I am very green to all of the intra-flight tactics and responsibilities. I believe I have SRS up and running ok and know how to use radio etiquette being a civilian ATC in RL with a PPL. I would be playing from Western Australia so I am UTC + 8, however, my ping may be reasonably high (upwards of 240ms). Would this be acceptable?

Many thanks and regards,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey Folks,

I've been playing a lot of offline sp to learn the various modules, but would not mind trying some mp on this server. The Blue Flag campaign is an awesome concept and looks fantastic and very professional so kudos to all involved in setting it up and running it.

My question is, how accepting and patient are the member players online to new players? I can fly the A10C, F5E and FA18 well enough, and employ weapons, however, I am very green to all of the intra-flight tactics and responsibilities. I believe I have SRS up and running ok and know how to use radio etiquette being a civilian ATC in RL with a PPL. I would be playing from Western Australia so I am UTC + 8, however, my ping may be reasonably high (upwards of 240ms). Would this be acceptable?

Many thanks and regards,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

About the ping, it should give you not that many problems if it stays below 300. Otherwise some times the other people on the server might see you warping in the air. :thumbup:

About the mission itself I would say that this is a kinda of "advanced" server but the community (IF you know at least how your plane works) will be very happy to help you out understanding how the mission works ecc...

Sometimes I saw people on the blue side asking how to start their hornets, and then asked for the tacan of the Stennis just to go there, practising landings, without knowing which was the purpose of the game on that server... that's what the community doesn't accept (at least I don't:cry:)

My suggestions:

Have a quick look at the SOP at https://www.tinyurl.com/bf-sop-v2

Listen to the GCI if it's Sunrise, declare you don't know very well how the server works, ask for tasking, ask him questions

Ask people if anyone can help you out in the sky, form a 2 ship group, be his wingman/leader, tune with him on a different comm frequency for interflight comms (remember not to leave the main one) :smilewink:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Question about the EWRs... magic on blue was reporting contacts constantly popping in and out so they almost never had eyes on. Even when the EWR was close by, we got almost no coverage. Is this normal? I remember magic having contact lot more often in the past..

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Question about the EWRs... magic on blue was reporting contacts constantly popping in and out so they almost never had eyes on. Even when the EWR was close by, we got almost no coverage. Is this normal? I remember magic having contact lot more often in the past..

This is normal if the enemy is using terrain masking.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The su27 greatest strength is EO. They are always in the hills and hiding from radar so they can sneak a kill. Very dangerous on this server where the f15s greatest asset is banned. (That’s not a complaint, I love the matchup!)

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why have aim-9X's been banned before it's even out? I believe the hornet is already getting eaten alive A/A. It needs something....

Edit: Ciribob said in discord that it's been on the list forever and may be revisited.

In my opinion it was banned because of the weapons that are currently allowed. The aim9x will supposedly be like a smokeless R73 with better countermeasure rejection and longer range than the current aim9. If people complain about the ET which has very little turning capability along with it being a smoked (beacon motor), what so you think is going to come about with the X?

In my opinion it was banned because of the weapons that are currently allowed. The aim9x will supposedly be like a smokeless R73 with better countermeasure rejection and longer range than the current aim9. If people complain about the ET which has very little turning capability along with it being a smoked (beacon motor), what so you think is going to come about with the X?

Oh I get why it was put on the list, I just think it should at least be given a chance. IMO the hornet is getting eaten alive because of it's heavy WIP status, and seeing it's better weapons put on the banned list before we even know if it's good or not is what had me questioning the choice.

FC3 aircraft have a big advantage over the full fidelity aircraft since they can tell friend from foe immediately. I think that is part of the reason blue was getting it's ass kicked so badly even when we outnumbered red and had good GCI.

Then again, my SA is pretty abysmal... maybe it's just me.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Nah, blue is getting kicked hard, because we have no organisation/ communications and worse pilots (worse doesn't necessarily mean bad aircraft skills). No consideration about what the team needs

Plus, I haven't played for the last two or three weeks, so you have been missing one of your greatest assests :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Nah, blue is getting kicked hard, because we have no organisation/ communications and worse pilots (worse doesn't necessarily mean bad aircraft skills). No consideration about what the team needs

Plus, I haven't played for the last two or three weeks, so you have been missing one of your greatest assests :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, we had one guy arguing last night with our GCI on what to attack next, blue was pushed so far back we wanted to take Sukhumi before focusing on getting Tiblisi back... well this one guy started going on and on about how he has been playing for so long and he knows so much about tactics...and that he thinks we should do something different...

I pretty much told him GCI made the call and that's what we are doing, not saying it was the right or wrong choice, but we need to work together. Turns out red kept flying TF-51s into Sabuli and repairing as we were attacking it, which was frustrating. I ended up trying to distract by hitting Kapsi SAM site... that distraction turned into red not responding, I closed the site... then it was a race 2 hueys vs mi8. Our first huey collided with the mi8 (not sure who ran into who) to stop the capture, which allowed me to come in and get it. Then red just pushed us from there.

But, from the Air to Air aspect only, we had good GCI and a decent amount of CAP... in fact we outnumbered red but we were getting our asses handed to us in the air, I still blame that on the WIP hornet. If all those hornet drivers were in F15s we would have made out much better.

Edited by StandingCow

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

This is normal if the enemy is using terrain masking.

F10 visibility is just a broken system for GCI on Blueflag (which is an ED issue I think, not a blueflag one).

* Mirages at 40k approaching an EWR site suddenly disappearing then reappearing a minute later still cruising at 40k.

* Enemies seen taking off from enemy airfields waaay in their backlines then disappearing after take-off.

* F-15 radar locks usually showing enemies on GCI F10 while no other blue planes do (I am assuming some legacy FC3 code at play here).

* EWRs losing bandits between 10 and 20 miles away over flat terrain while they are at 3k feet (In fact based on my experience I have never had an instance where an EWR appeared to be actually working or doing anything)

* Bombers basically highlighting every SAM site on the map

* Randomly being able to see certain SAMS up in Anapa while blue is still down in Kutaisi.

* I once could see an enemy way NW of the map despite having no friendlies nearby and no EWR or airfields. I ended up guiding an F-15 in on the target with his radar off so that he could get a surprise kill. No way I should have been able to see that enemy.

There may be some twisted logic to all these wierd scenarios I see but I cannot fathom it.

Edited by rurounijones

Oh I get why it was put on the list, I just think it should at least be given a chance. IMO the hornet is getting eaten alive because of it's heavy WIP status, and seeing it's better weapons put on the banned list before we even know if it's good or not is what had me questioning the choice.

FC3 aircraft have a big advantage over the full fidelity aircraft since they can tell friend from foe immediately. I think that is part of the reason blue was getting it's ass kicked so badly even when we outnumbered red and had good GCI.

Then again, my SA is pretty abysmal... maybe it's just me.

I got ya. I guess I misunderstood what you meant.

F10 visibility is just a broken system for GCI on Blueflag (which is an ED issue I think, not a blueflag one).

* Mirages at 40k approaching an EWR site suddenly disappearing then reappearing a minute later still cruising at 40k.

* Enemies seen taking off from enemy airfields waaay in their backlines then disappearing after take-off.

* F-15 radar locks usually showing enemies on GCI F10 while no other blue planes do (I am assuming some legacy FC3 code at play here).

* EWRs losing bandits between 10 and 20 miles away over flat terrain while they are at 3k feet (In fact based on my experience I have never had an instance where an EWR appeared to be actually working or doing anything)

* Bombers basically highlighting every SAM site on the map

* Randomly being able to see certain SAMS up in Anapa while blue is still down in Kutaisi.

* I once could see an enemy way NW of the map despite having no friendlies nearby and no EWR or airfields. I ended up guiding an F-15 in on the target with his radar off so that he could get a surprise kill. No way I should have been able to see that enemy.

There may be some twisted logic to all these wierd scenarios I see but I cannot fathom it.

I agree with this. The way GCIs detection working in dcs is really confusing.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Everything changed with one of the updates. It was working quite nice at the beginning of 2.5, but in one of first couple of patches for 2.5, there was an update which removed ghost icons on the map a d ever since then.... GCI, EWRs, Player Names, etc. have been fudged

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Official Blue Flag Round 10 on Caucasus

We're ready to launch the official Blue Flag round this Friday 17th August at around 20:00 UTC. The round will last until Sunday 26th August - or until the map is fully conquered - which ever comes first. The winner is the team holding the most objectives at the end of the time period.

Questions? Ask in #blueflag on Discord

All server state is saved, even through crashes, as well as unpacked units providing a dynamic online battle.

Any OPEN BETA updates during the round period will be applied to the server as soon as possible - unless a module is disabled or broken

TacView will be disabled on the server

For now - the current Caucasus server will stay up but not reset.

To start your planning early - join the server and type either "red" or "blue" to set your selection for Friday. This will give you access to your teams HQ on Discord for Planning.

There will be NO side switches - once you've picked - it's final until the end of the round so think carefully before typing!

Full SOP here: https://tinyurl.com/bf-sop-v2 - thanks to MorpheusXAUT and Dedde and many others

Please Note: When the server is restarting - DO NOT JOIN IT - wait until you see 30 seconds on the mission timer before trying to join.

Aircraft

Blue

A-10A

A-10C

AV8BNA

F-15C

FA-18C

UH-1H

SA342L

SA342 Mistral

SA342M

F-5E-3

TF-51D

Red

Su-25T

Su-25

AJS37

Su-27

Su-33

M-2000C

MiG-29A

MiG-21Bis

Mi-8MT

Ka-50

Yak-52

TF-51D

SRS IP: 54.36.126.186:5014

DCS Server IP: 54.36.126.186:10310

Live Map: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/

Discord: https://discord.gg/mckCvTc

Patreon: Had Fun? - support us on Patreon so we can continue to deliver events for the community! Every little helps cover our server costs and allows new servers in the future.

Thanks for all the support as this has taken a while to sort but mostly importantly - have fun!

BuddySpike Team

Xcom, Greg, Ciribob, Crash

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord