NAV Landing mode switches from glide slope to horizontal if below glide slope

earnil

Hi!

I have noticed bit strange behavior while using NAV Landing mode.

Normally, when using NAV Landing mode, Viggen switches at 10km distance from airport from horizontal guidance at 500m to glide slope.

At the same time, horizontal flight director needle on the ADI starts to reflect the glide slope as well.

If I descend below glide slope, both HUD and flight director switches back to horizontal guidance at 500 meters (see screenshot) and when I get back to correct glide slope, it changes again correctly to glide slope guidance.

I wonder if this is intended behavior or a bug.

The DCS version is 1.5.7.11762

100373886_belowglideslopeHUDindication.thumb.jpg.7394f541f900d8bceb9cbf6fcb459bc9.jpg

I *think* the correct behavior is to change to glide slope mode at different distances depending on your current height (so I changed it to this a little while back) BUT I don’t think it should switch back to horizontal guidance once it has entered glideslope mode.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I notice the same behaviour when I land in Landn Nav mode and it didn´t behave like that in previous versions. I think that the TILS landingsystem works worse than ever, it worked much better before the last updates. Before you release updates, fly and evaluate if the reprogramming you make to fix the bugs actually works the way it should, please.

• 10 months later...

[sOLVED] edit: I misunderstood the TILS procedure, when I accurately follow the flight director and needles it worked very well! ---- I'm trying out the TILS to land in Nellis AFB. Whether I adjust the QFE or not, whether I leave TILS to A or select the right channel (4), nothing happens, it doesn't seem to switch to glideslope mode and so the horizontal bar is WAY of to the top, exactly as in the picture ion the first post.

Am I doing something wrong or is this behaviour still there? Impossible to land correctly in IFR conditions with this config. I just land visually.

Edited by tflash
my bad

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]