MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

DCSpanelsClient BETA 0.1 is now available on GooglePlay but

you must search for it exactly like this without spaces:

DCSpanelsClient

Cheers,

Lubos

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I sound like a newb but how do I use the program,I have never done the export display thing before.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

COOOOOOOOOL,

will give it a try tomorrow

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

I know I sound like a newb but how do I use the program,I have never done the export display thing before.

I plan to improve documentation and maybe publish video regarding setup example (2-3 days)

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Just downloaded, set up and tested. Runs fine :). Great work.

Would love to see the HSI on the tablet. Keep on the good work.

I have also tried to donate but land on a PayPal page with an error message.

Maybe you can publish a 2nd "donation"-version in the google play store that can be paid (like the App DCS manager)?

Thanx, good to hear that it works

Which Android device do you use ?

Don't understand why PayPal isn't working I have try to insert it 2 times, maybe I will make it like you say but PayPal looks fine to me that anyone can send amount as he likes...

Hi,

downloaded and tested it. Nice work!

After having some trouble setting it up - missed to turn on my 2nd monitor in Windows and missed to deselect fullscreen in game :music_whistling: - it works quite fine.

What I've noticed:

Sometimes there's an input lag of about a second and on my device (Acer Iconia A200) the buttons are, let's say, a bit off of their position - i have to press a bit above of the buttons to get the input...

Greets

Andreas

So I need a second monitor for this? :(

I have the Nexus 7 but not the second monitor :'(

Same here :(

It didnt look like one was needed in the video :(

oh well ill just keep doing it the old fashioned way with a single monitor and a squint in my eyes :megalol:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8BNA, C-101CC/EB, F-14 A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16CM, F/A-18C & Super carrier, F-86F-35, L-39 C/ZA, Mirage 2000C, MIG-15BIS, MIG-21BIS, MIG-29, SU-25A, SU-25T, SU-27, SU-3.  BF-109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk IX, TF-51D.  AH-64D, KA-50 2, KA-50 3, MI-24P, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H.  Caucasus, Nevada/NTTR, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, Sinai

This is a deal breaker to me. I travel a lot, and as such, a second monitor is neigh unfeasible to have all of the time. Export of displays would be a MUCH better route to go. Plus the second monitor poses a performance impact that to some would be unacceptable.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Hi,

a quote from colo's requirements:

• HW - Android device with Android version > 4.0 with reasonable display size (about 7")
  • HW - separate PC monitor for displaying MFCDs and/or CDU (graphics card with minimum dualhead support)

For me it only works with second monitor on. But maybe i'm too dumb to get it running with only one monitor...

Perhaps colo can give us the proper informations...

Greets

Andreas

This is a deal breaker to me. I travel a lot, and as such, a second monitor is neigh unfeasible to have all of the time. Export of displays would be a MUCH better route to go. Plus the second monitor poses a performance impact that to some would be unacceptable.

Yeah, but sadly displays in dcs can not be exported. I tried to build a similar app like this a while ago and ran into the same issue.

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Hi all

yes you must have at least 2nd monitor - it is used for exporting pictures from MFCDs and CDU

Ideal solution will be to access pictures from sensors via shared memory so it will be exported directly without need of another monitor, but I don't have dcs documentation for this and AFAIK currently it is not possible.

I was searching also for solution to instal "virtual" monitor to Windows but AFAIK it is not possible.

Idea behind this app was that if someone would like to build simple cockpit, he can plug any crap old 2nd monitor and then export 2 MFCDs and CDU to 3 separate Android devices (support for multiple Android devices will be added soon)

Please if you use this app, send me which exactly Android device do you have, it will helps me with debug.

Thank you

Cheers,

Lubos

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Well i just tried those and have a second monitor showing on my sys now.

So next is to test the app again, ill report back if i get it working.

Edit:

ok the software in the link from sebbomanns' post work and do create a second monitor. The additional monitor works in DCS but alas the DCSpanelsclient crashes on my cheap Versus TouchPad 9. With showing my cpu usage checked i can see that the software initialises and the ip and port number are displayed on the android screen, along with the CDU or MFCD Graphics. Just if i try to use the app it stops working

Anyone who has a half decent android device shouldnt have a prob.

first download install tightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

Then download install this demoForge driver http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm

Right click on desktop and go to Screen resolution then press detect.

Hopefully it should detect another monitor that you can force on using vga. You can then extend your desktop onto the new monitor.

Thanks to sebbomann for finding this solution and alphatoomega for the origional post.

I hope later versions will work on my device as this is a must have app for android owners.

Edited by Crypstik

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8BNA, C-101CC/EB, F-14 A/B, F-15C, F-15E, F-16CM, F/A-18C & Super carrier, F-86F-35, L-39 C/ZA, Mirage 2000C, MIG-15BIS, MIG-21BIS, MIG-29, SU-25A, SU-25T, SU-27, SU-3.  BF-109K4, FW-190D9, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk IX, TF-51D.  AH-64D, KA-50 2, KA-50 3, MI-24P, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H.  Caucasus, Nevada/NTTR, Normandy 2, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, Sinai

got the file... the kindle says: There is a problem parsing the file....

could it be related to the android version?

If you have Kindle Fire 1st gen it will definitely not work cause it is based on Android 2.3.3

If you have 2nd gen it should work ,but Kindle fire has its own version of Android with differences , it is based on Android 4.0.3

I don't have Kindle Fire so I am not able to test it on this device

New DCSpanelsServer version BETA 0.2:

Changelog:

• - support for sending 3 instruments (so now it is possible to have 3 android tablet connected to PC)
  • - slightly speed improvement
  • - status textarea now scrolls automatically
  • - FA key now send right keyboard code

If you have Kindle Fire 1st gen it will definitely not work cause it is based on Android 2.3.3

If you have 2nd gen it should work ,but Kindle fire has its own version of Android with differences , it is based on Android 4.0.3

I don't have Kindle Fire so I am not able to test it on this device

so I noted, a shame.... might have to get the panels from amazon and velcro them to the no.2 monitor...

LOL :thumbup: