Question about the upcoming AIM-54 changes

MobiSev

...look at the original post as well as very first reply

I'm still wondering about whether or not the loft behaviour for a standard launch is fixed. Currently the missile when launched in standard TWS or STT modes doesn't update its loft in mid-course, leading it to consistenty overshoot the loft shape and jink down upon acquiring an active lock and losing a fair bit of energy.

The AI will use the same missiles (as it does now), but whether their launch behaviour will change (which is what makes it look like it is using slammers), is a question that is not up to us to answer.

Ok. thanks for the info. At least now i know, whom to poke about this.

Are all AI issues in the responsibility of ED, or does it depend? F.e. AI F-14 flying in close formation sometimes have completely different AoA despite having the same loadout, speed, height etc.

Would i report this on the main/ED subforum, or on the f-14 subforum?

Is there somewhere we can read about the new missile API and what it will do? I don't remember any announcement on it from ED.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII