Flight and wingman coms

Hi

I'm really enjoying the campaign and I must say that the voice acting is very good.

However I'm having problems talking to my flight on the radio. I get the scripted communications fine but I can't instruct the flight or wingman to attack targets or change formation etc.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, ATC works fine and I'm tuning second fm radio to the correct frequency.

Cheers Andrew

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Are you also transmitting on the 2nd frequency? Check your key binds for the transmit button for each of your three radios. You might have to turn off easy comms, but I’m not 100% sure.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Are you also transmitting on the 2nd frequency? Check your key binds for the transmit button for each of your three radios. You might have to turn off easy comms, but I’m not 100% sure.

2nd radio in the Hog is UHF. You mentioned 2nd FM frequency, which is likely your third radio. 1st radio is AM.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

User error (probably as usual) I didn't have hotas mic switch set correctly.

I'm learning an awful lot with this campaign, real radios for one, anchor points for another.

How do I stop my wing men from crashing?

Cheers Andrew

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

How do I stop my wing men from crashing?

Sending them to a trail formation also usually helps (a bit). Admittedly, when they're in Line Abreast or Wedge, station keeping is difficult and I don't blame the AI for somewhat erratic behavior when they try to get back in formation while the player is maneuvering.

In trail, their job is much easier.

And like BD said, anchoring the wingmen can help a lot. :thumbup: