How do I use aftreburner?

Hi,

I have Logitech X56 and I can't use the after burner.

With throttle at full i only get %100 rmp and fuel flow does NOT significantly increases.

How do you enable/use the after burner?

There is an option regarding afterburner detent under the F-16 special options but I do not know what it does and whether it applies to my Logitech X56 controller

Dan

Edited by karpiyon

I don't follow...

I'm new to DCS.

What is the fingerlifts option - could not find any reference to it in the doc or controller options.

I tried the afterburner detent option and it did not make any difference for me.

At full throttle, when i take off, fuel flow is around 11000 and rmp is %100. Without this option (always off) i can get to 19000.

19000 is still too low for the f16 AB from other simulator i played (should be ~40000 !) In which rmp gets above %100 when AB is engaged.

If the afterburner detent option does it than how do i set the MIL position?

Edited by karpiyon

do you see the AB fire from the F2 view?

if so, then it is working, but there is apparently currently an issue with it that stops it getting to full AB power.

If you are not seeing the burner, and it should be an obvious "flame" from the engine nozzle, then that is likely to be connected with that option on the special tab.

one of the options, and i can never remember which, is the more realistic one, where the pilot needs to activate another control, as well as pushing the throttle forward. in the hornet, this other control is a pair of fingerlifts, which are levers on the front of the throttle levers that are pulled upwards to get the throttles to advance over a stop(detent). The viper has a similar arrangement.

however, as not many sim throttles have said fingerlifts, ED have kindly provided an option where the pilot just needs to push the throttle forward and the AB will light up at anything above mil power and doesn't need another AB enable control to be used.

therefore, if you aren't seeing the burner light up, then just toggle the setting in the special tab setting, reload the aircraft in free flight and try again.

Edit: for the less-realistic AB operation, the Afterburner detent setting should be "Always off". if your sim throttle has an AB detent built in, then of course you will need to lift your throttle lever(s) over that to get into AB.

let us know how you get on.

Edited by Greyman

Fuel flow is confirmed as WIP, non final. Its going to change. Don't worry.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

When you select the afterburner check the nozzle they will open to 20% when they light up and then progressively open as the move the throttle forward. IRL this is how you check the burner is working correctly if you didn't feel it.

Atm they seem a bit odd as it only goes from 20-40% but that may just be the wip.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses