** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

Is this Tomcat or just Crash Laobi humour... :huh:
Being the unrepentant wise ass that he is, it's probably supposed to trick people into believing it's Tomcat content, but in fact will end up being the CEII.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the voltage gauge, its the CEII

Yep. Looks like CEII. He seems to be one that enjoys trolling.

Technically, none of the text statements are incorrect. It is a first in DCS, and has a rear seat.

"Because it's the plane DCS deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt it, because it can't defend itself. Because it's not our plane. It's a gunless gizmo, a watchful onlooker. A civilian aircraft."

I'm actually kind of excited to see the CEII, and I do intend to use them as stand-ins for some WWI aircraft (with some reskinning). And then have F-14s shoot them down, ala Final Countdown, but now it's back in 1918. "The First Countdown." :megalol:

The CEII would sure be fun with guns on it. What dogfights you could get into...

i know :(

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Christian Eagle II ist out in Open Beta, so, yes sounds reasonable.

Just on a side note: it actually is a very nice and easy aerobatics plane. Maybe nothing for a dogfight, but if you are into flying first and frag count isn't everything, it is actually very enjoyable.

I even dare say it can work very well as a basic flight trainer for western pilots, especially to learn the ropes for tail dragging prop planes without an overpowered warbird engine... though it's definitely no Tomcat... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Jabbers mentioned he cant posted videos in the tomcat discord last night. So I am guessing there is another "embargo" right now.:huh:

I see the correlation... Jabbers simply got discorded, he probably is enjoying some chocolate rain by now 5537.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Christian Eagle II ist out in Open Beta, so, yes sounds reasonable.

Just on a side note: it actually is a very nice and easy aerobatics plane. Maybe nothing for a dogfight, but if you are into flying first and frag count isn't everything, it is actually very enjoyable.

I even dare say it can work very well as a basic flight trainer for western pilots, especially to learn the ropes for tail dragging prop planes without an overpowered warbird engine...

Interesting! While the F-14 will hopefully be pure fun I (private pilot) hope to get something out of DCS for the real world. In DCS I fly a lot with the P51D but its quite hard. However is the Christen Eagle – as an aerobatic plane – really a good tailwheel trainer?

Interesting! While the F-14 will hopefully be pure fun I (private pilot) hope to get something out of DCS for the real world. In DCS I fly a lot with the P51D but its quite hard. However is the Christen Eagle – as an aerobatic plane – really a good tailwheel trainer?
It has a tailwheel and you (should) land with a threepoint landing. It is easier to handle and operate than a P-51D, though.

If you want an easy plane to learn the basics of flying prop planes I would currently vote for the Yak-52 if you want to focus on procedures and learn complex engine management and for the Chr. Eagle II If you want to learn basic flying, aerobatics and have fun...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Give the CEII some time. I think they said the ground modeling needs some work. It's acting very Early Access right now on the ground.

What pedals do you have? Because as a Comm CFI-I I can tell you you just won't get Tail Wheel down with something like the Pro Pedals or the TFRPs. You need a lot more swing.

Give the CEII some time. I think they said the ground modeling needs some work. It's acting very Early Access right now on the ground.

What pedals do you have? Because as a Comm CFI-I I can tell you you just won't get Tail Wheel down with something like the Pro Pedals or the TFRPs. You need a lot more swing.

Thanks for the info! I have the MFG pedals. Don’t know what you mean by the lack of swing of those brands you mentioned. I already ordered the CAM5 if that says something to you.

Thanks for the info! I have the MFG pedals. Don’t know what you mean by the lack of swing of those brands you mentioned. I already ordered the CAM5 if that says something to you.

The under $200's are just too close together and don't have great just off center response and have way too much center detent. Ok for Jets and probably not bad for a trike. But for a Taildragger, Especially a high performance Taildragger, you need to have room to dance. MFG with CAM5 should work pretty good.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a bit of a quick rundown on where we are and what we’re working on. This update will be rather short and sweet despite my previous desire to make it more meaty. This is mostly because there really isn’t that much to say and the exhaustion is setting in after a really long week.

The past couple of weeks we’ve been focused on completing the items outlined in the OP, plus some additional items that the extra time has allowed us to squeeze in. Some of the items we’ve been working on include:

• LANTIRN completion. Our LANTIRN integration will be very complete on day one of early access, instead of having large gaps in functionality. This system has been very complex and has taken us a lot of time to implement, but will make the F-14 a much more potent strike platform on day one.

• JESTER improvements across the board - we’ve been adding new functionality to jester, such as injury and incapacitation states, improving various callout functionality and more. If we are able, we hope to add some initial JESTER functionality for controlling LANTIRN before EA, but this may not be possible.

• Completion of the RIO cockpit integration. We’re now integrating the last of the RIO cockpit components together in our main development branch. This is one of the last steps before we’re “done” and build our first release candidate.

• Buuuugfiixeeees! Opening the Tomcat up to more content creators and drawing in a few more testers has yielded some great feedback and swelled our internal issue tracker. SMEs continue to weigh in on every aspect of the aircraft which continuously helps us refine our systems and FM modeling.

• Manuals, training missions, etc. It’s still unclear of how much content we will launch with; but we’re trying to squeeze in as much as possible on day 1.

All of the above is pretty ambiguous, and not really new - but at this stage of product development, focus and effort is a little all over the place. Add some sound for that thing, fix that thing, animate that, implement that - while continuing work on existing functionality and the core pillars of the product. Most importantly, next week we will set our sights on a specific release window internally. Once we are confident and the date is set in stone, we will share and fuel up the hypetrain (because we totally need that, am I right!? :D )

More than anything, we’re looking forward to stopping your suffering and finally releasing. This will give us a chance to breathe (and live!) a little while we set out on our EA to Release roadmap.

In summary; we’re at the height of our release push now and we’re working literally night and day. Release candidate 1 is just around the corner. We know it’s been a long wait- so thanks for sticking with us.

Hope that sheds some light on where we stand, even if it’s (unfortunately) nothing concrete just yet.

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Good to hear thanks a lot for the update! Appreciate the time and effort to detail.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a bit of a quick rundown on where we are and what we’re working on. This update will be rather short and sweet despite my previous desire to make it more meaty. This is mostly because there really isn’t that much to say and the exhaustion is setting in after a really long week.

The past couple of weeks we’ve been focused on completing the items outlined in the OP, plus some additional items that the extra time has allowed us to squeeze in. Some of the items we’ve been working on include:

• LANTIRN completion. Our LANTIRN integration will be very complete on day one of early access, instead of having large gaps in functionality. This system has been very complex and has taken us a lot of time to implement, but will make the F-14 a much more potent strike platform on day one.

• JESTER improvements across the board - we’ve been adding new functionality to jester, such as injury and incapacitation states, improving various callout functionality and more. If we are able, we hope to add some initial JESTER functionality for controlling LANTIRN before EA, but this may not be possible.

• Completion of the RIO cockpit integration. We’re now integrating the last of the RIO cockpit components together in our main development branch. This is one of the last steps before we’re “done” and build our first release candidate.

• Buuuugfiixeeees! Opening the Tomcat up to more content creators and drawing in a few more testers has yielded some great feedback and swelled our internal issue tracker. SMEs continue to weigh in on every aspect of the aircraft which continuously helps us refine our systems and FM modeling.

• Manuals, training missions, etc. It’s still unclear of how much content we will launch with; but we’re trying to squeeze in as much as possible on day 1.

All of the above is pretty ambiguous, and not really new - but at this stage of product development, focus and effort is a little all over the place. Add some sound for that thing, fix that thing, animate that, implement that - while continuing work on existing functionality and the core pillars of the product. Most importantly, next week we will set our sights on a specific release window internally. Once we are confident and the date is set in stone, we will share and fuel up the hypetrain (because we totally need that, am I right!? :D )

More than anything, we’re looking forward to stopping your suffering and finally releasing. This will give us a chance to breathe (and live!) a little while we set out on our EA to Release roadmap.

In summary; we’re at the height of our release push now and we’re working literally night and day. Release candidate 1 is just around the corner. We know it’s been a long wait- so thanks for sticking with us.

Hope that sheds some light on where we stand, even if it’s (unfortunately) nothing concrete just yet.

Nick

Good news. Thanks for the heads up.

Shagrat

I dont think you are, the hypetrain is at overspeed, the rails are melting! ;)

nice nimble update :)

With a release date, the train gets struck by a thunderbolt and is on his way back to the future!

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick