Helicopters Tournament 4

Alpenwolf

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what version of DCS will be used?

Latest Open Beta version.

Will there be a red briefing before the day of the mission? I am interested in knowing also if the Ka50 will have some joint training before. Especially AA technics with wingmans

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3739718&postcount=53

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I am interested in knowing also if the Ka50 will have some joint training before. Especially AA technics with wingmans

I'd love to have a training together beforehand, but I'm afraid coordinating one on such short notice is next to impossible.

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

Check out the Helicopters Tournament 3 thread for a single player AA training mission that I had attached. Main post, down below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221522

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've noticed something about the Chopper AI in DCS. With the exception of the Gazelle Mistral, neither the Huey nor the other Gazelle variants reliably recognize the my chopper as an valid target. 9 out of 10 times (at least in my experience) the Gazelle L wouldn't fire on me and I never got the Huey or the Gazelle M to return fire or to engange me.

Only when I swapped the Gazelles and Huey out for AH-1 Cobras did the AI engage me on its own, which of course ended nearly always in a disaster for me.

I've noticed something about the Chopper AI in DCS. With the exception of the Gazelle Mistral, neither the Huey nor the other Gazelle variants reliably recognize the my chopper as an valid target. 9 out of 10 times (at least in my experience) the Gazelle L wouldn't fire on me and I never got the Huey or the Gazelle M to return fire or to engange me.

Only when I swapped the Gazelles and Huey out for AH-1 Cobras did the AI engage me on its own, which of course ended nearly always in a disaster for me.

You could probably set them to attack your unit as a waypoint action? Saw that in the menus but haven't tried it. Though I'd suspect the M model to have a bit of difficulty in engaging air targets.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

You could probably set them to attack your unit as a waypoint action? Saw that in the menus but haven't tried it. Though I'd suspect the M model to have a bit of difficulty in engaging air targets.

Admittedly I'm far from proficient with the mission editor, but I've tried all waypoint actions or assignments that I could think of an. As I mentioned it worked for gunships like the Cobra, Apache, Havok etc., so I think I had the right waypoint actions.

My guess best is, that there is an AI table in the background for each unit which contains all valid target types and the Huey and the M and L Gazelles have only the type ground target registered.

Admittedly I'm far from proficient with the mission editor, but I've tried all waypoint actions or assignments that I could think of an. As I mentioned it worked for gunships like the Cobra, Apache, Havok etc., so I think I had the right waypoint actions.

My guess best is, that there is an AI table in the background for each unit which contains all valid target types and the Huey and the M and L Gazelles have only the type ground target registered.

The training mission is mostly for you as a Ka-50 pilot to become faster and more confident tracking aerial targets using your Shkval and figure out a way to shoot them first from a distance. It's like you're a MiG-25 enjoying your BVR capabilities, while all the other helicopters are much better in dogfighting and need to get within range first. So, mind your distance. And as Red GCI, I'll try and make sure that happens :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Mi-8 please

4 Mistral? result 20:0 :)

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

well, butter my backside and call me a buiscuit! Looks like for the first time we've got more signups for Red than blue! :-O

Sauce for the goose, Mr.Alpha… even the numbers don't matter that much, both sides have a bunch of very experienced pilots and a number of distinct advantages...

It will be a great match for sure :pilotfly:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS