x56 Nozzle Binding

harvesthunt

Hi all,

I'm trying to bind the LEFT throttle to the nozzles. I can't quite seem to figure out how though. When I go to control settings/nozzle up(or down), moving the left throttle registers nothing. I know how to bind controls, but this seems to have me stumped.

Any ideas?

TKS Bill

SOLVED

OK, wouldn't be the 1st time I was an idiot, and surely not the last.

Under axis control, there was a nozzle angle (instead of the nozzle up/down)

This allowed me to use just one of the engine throttles.

:poster_oops:

Go to Axis setting. It should be easy from there :smilewink:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I would recommend using the RH lever for the nozzles....given that the RL lever is to the right of the throttle - you know, for dat 'real realism'.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did that as well... for about 10 minutes. You are totally used to using the right lever as the throttle, so if you switch them around, it takes extra concentration to not move the wrong lever at the wrong time.

I quickly switched the right lever to throttle, and everything works just fine. I don't have to consciously think about which lever at all; it's very automatic.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I did that as well... for about 10 minutes. You are totally used to using the right lever as the throttle, so if you switch them around, it takes extra concentration to not move the wrong lever at the wrong time.

I quickly switched the right lever to throttle, and everything works just fine. I don't have to consciously think about which lever at all; it's very automatic.

Plus you have all necessary buttons in reach...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Plus you have all necessary buttons in reach...

When I was learning the Harrier, I didn't need the flairs and chaf and stuff. I had enough fireworks going on without :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I'm using one of the small thumbwheels on the throttle of the X56, so you don't have to fiddle with the axis of the throttle being all over the place, trying to reach buttons.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H