Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Well, without going into many details... don't get your hopes too high;)

He means teamwork based gameplay is sometimes hard to come by and convincing others to support any objective, let alone your objective, is much like pulling teeth depending on who's asking and who is being asked.

Well if the fighters aren't flying CAP for strikers what else would they possibly be doing XD

• 3 weeks later...

But we have Dynamic DCS (check the multiplayer thread I created), there is slingloading and Combined Arms (1st person for slingloaded vehicles) too! :D A little better than OP BF almost!! Only GCI is missing...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Jup, and no lives limit which just makes it fighterspam. If 16AGR get lives going and force people to pick one side for a round, then it would be way more meaningful. Right now it is little more than a training ground for coordinated attacks on objectives, which is still something (;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Yes a lives system would do wonders.

Just flown there last night, great server fantastic mission but the single fighter type at each airbase is a bit non team focused, almost forcing you to fly solo.

It could do with having several of each main fighter and Striker based at critical bases such as Anapa and Vaziani this would give a bit of incentive to fly a proper cap or cas over long distance, less spam, more team work.

As it is now it is an airquake for solo ground pounders constantly spamming the enemy base from next door with AGM and ARM, dieing rinse and repeat until closure.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I'll try again when openbeta gets merged, hopefully this week but not that hopeful... 2.1 BF is still up though :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

2.1 is nice and all but not only is it limiting in terms of the map, but also in terms of planes. I get that people have been asking for this kind of setup and I am glad that they got their wish fulfilled, but pretty much no one who I got to know via BlueFlag is playing there. Ever since BF went down on Caucasus it killed the enjoyment of DCS Multiplayer for alot of people, and I personally am really torn as to wether I should pump more money into DCS when the part that I would invest in is more or less ignored by ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

2.1 is nice and all but not only is it limiting in terms of the map, but also in terms of planes. I get that people have been asking for this kind of setup and I am glad that they got their wish fulfilled, but pretty much no one who I got to know via BlueFlag is playing there. Ever since BF went down on Caucasus it killed the enjoyment of DCS Multiplayer for alot of people, and I personally am really torn as to wether I should pump more money into DCS when the part that I would invest in is more or less ignored by ED.

I wouldnt say its ignored... there is literally a patch on openbeta waiting to merge to stable which i'll wait to test in :) We'll also have the merge soon, plus a new / updated caucasus which'll mean that stability will be easier to achieve.

Nevada BlueFlag as I've said before was a quick mission to basically leave some form of Jet BlueFlag running while 1.5 becomes stable.

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but time is limited (working on SRS as well as other scripts) and I dont want to start the 1.5 map from scratch as it was a lot of work. From the last test, the mission we'd built up didnt run well performance wise, which is due to Radars and number of units.

If we cant get it running soon - we'll maybe look at taking the existing map but removing all the EWRs and Radar SAMs - leaving just IR and AAA (shilka vulcan etc) like Nevada but with the more modern variants. Plane set would stay the same (apart from harrier addition)

Don't worry, its not dead or abandoned. It's nice to hear it means a lot to people! :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Oh don't get me wrong Ciribob, I didn't want to send anything negative your way, I think it is just frustrating that MP is such a mess now and ED is slow/borderline reluctant to fix it, probably also because of the looming 2.5

Oh and thank you for the last SRS updates I was surprised seeing them showing up. Sadly I didn't have the opportunity to test them yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh don't get me wrong Ciribob, I didn't want to send anything negative your way, I think it is just frustrating that MP is such a mess now and ED is slow/borderline reluctant to fix it, probably also because of the looming 2.5

Oh and thank you for the last SRS updates I was surprised seeing them showing up. Sadly I didn't have the opportunity to test them yet.

No worries! Hope the SRS testing goes well.

I did test the mission in openbeta but the Huey and Mi8 have a stutter when in flight that no other aircraft has so it's unusable.

Reported to ED but I'd say probably not hopeful till merge without a tiny simple map a bit like the Nevada mission

Could we maybe do a 24 or 48 hour event (in the weekends?) where we use just a small portion of the map? It would be a furball because of the amount of people but its much more fun to have a ground objective and not just deathmatch like on the other servers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could we maybe do a 24 or 48 hour event (in the weekends?) where we use just a small portion of the map? It would be a furball because of the amount of people but its much more fun to have a ground objective and not just deathmatch like on the other servers.
Working over Christmas but will see what I can do :)

Edit: Good news - patch for Huey & Mi8 stutter is now on the release branch

This fixes the stutter that causes desync & server crash on 1.5.....

Just waiting on fix for the auto restarting server hang and then we can have a 1.5 round back up assuming the lag isn't insane

UPDATE

As a TEMPORARY update, the original 1.5 version is back up - there is no auto restarter if it crashes so may not last long.

Password will be blueflag

Setting a password seems to improve server performance and has also been reported to ED :)

Edit 2: Warehouses havent been modified, and Harrier is NOT there yet... Please report lag & Crashes :thumbup:

Edited by Ciribob

just flew one sortie from gudauta in M2000C

alignment enforced intended?

no central tank

no 530

ty for getting it up again.:thumbup: i hope there will be a lot of exiting harrier sorties until februar in 1.58.

is there a good way to include carriers in blueflag? some testing before the hornet arrives could be helpful.

16AGRDynCas is not serious as BF was ever. Guys changing sides to peek Intel. No base repair. Airquake on Blue as 4x more CAP slots on that side as it looks like ranting over red. Unlimited lives makes that server fire&forget so people get reckless. Nevermind, I hope that ciri's BF will be back soon as I find it top of the game.

Few suggestions:

- Intel gathering : map on fog of war, map portion unrevealed (Ka50 targets) until Intel gathered by suitable plane. Base screenshots in Kneeboard?

- CAP missile count system: means that max airborne slots are not defined by number of planes but by number of missiles (by type) that planes can carry.

- slot transfer: new slots (up to 4/2 on each airbase) available if certain action is done like CAP/CAS Slot cargo delivery from remote airfield to front line.

- deployment memory: deployed units remain after server rotation, Slingload and backdoor cargo types?

- ranking upgrade: guys that make certain success can be GCI or able to use best fighter slots as starting from 1st level rank (transport, inferior CAP, recon flight, CAS, top CAP.. by gradually progressing to highest rank of battle commander. Rank authority defined by total player count currently in game.

- crowfunding ciribobs efforts ;)

Greets. Hope it will be online soon. :)

Great! Btw. 15 blue vs 5 red currently bit unfair. Pls join red guys.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

just flew one sortie from gudauta in M2000C

alignment enforced intended?

no central tank

no 530

Also no Eclair pod.

Anyway thanks for putting this up again , havent really touched DCS since BF stopped working ages ago.

would love to see Harriers added also

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Loadout issues are due to warehouse - needs to be rebuilt

Mirage alignment is enforced and intended. :)

As I said before, very early test but looks promising. Just need to get auto restart sorted!

Loadout issues are due to warehouse - needs to be rebuilt

Mirage alignment is enforced and intended. :)

As I said before, very early test but looks promising. Just need to get auto restart sorted!

Does the Flanker have datalink from deployable EWR?

No - that was disabled a while back due to lag, sorry.