[RESOLVED]Electric circuit problem

OG84

It´s not cheating.

If (as indicated) the values are in Watts, then those values I have used is based on the real load (lamperage and voltage reported by other users who have found those in some RL manuals) from the solenoids.

Changing the contents of .lua files within the game folder is absolutely cheating. You no longer run by the same rules as everyone else if you do that, and that's what the integrity check is supposed to ensure doesn't happen. You could make those values as generous as you want to have an advantage over others.

Changing the contents of .lua files within the game folder is absolutely cheating. You no longer run by the same rules as everyone else if you do that, and that's what the integrity check is supposed to ensure doesn't happen. You could make those values as generous as you want to have an advantage over others.

Agree.

It´s just so that I mainly fly offline, and the present bug is something of a showstopper.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Agree.

It´s just so that I mainly fly offline, and the present bug is something of a showstopper.

I only fly offline for learning and practice. If it didn't have multiplayer I'd have never even tried DCS. Multiplayer functionality the absolute highest priority, AFAIC.

By the way, I had a reasonable mission with it in Burning Skies after this patch was applied. I armed my guns while idling on the tarmac and had no issues with them. (I was shot down because it's so underpowered, but that's another thing. ;) )

It's just a temporary bugfix. When the bug gets officially fixed they willl probably change those same values. No matter what you say; I do not consider that that is cheating.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It's just a temporary bugfix. When the bug gets officially fixed they willl probably change those same values. No matter what you say; I do not consider that that is cheating.

If files that affect aircraft performance can be modified and still pass the integrity check, that is an open invitation for cheating.

And it's ED's job to fix this sim, not ours. We already paid them to do it.

Agree.

Showstopper? I would have considered the landinggear CB pop off a showstopper for some people. But this one?

So in the current Open Beta, instead of a very very very simple workaround, you both prefer to modify the game files? I don´t understand that. :surrender:

This Bug appears only once, and only if both of the following criteria are met simultaneously:

-Engine rpm above 2100

-Arming the weapons for the first time after entering the aircraft

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team

Hi all

as mentioned we do have this reported,

The small hotfix fixed some issues but not all, the team are working on the remaining CB issues.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Showstopper?

So in the current Open Beta, instead of a very very very simple workaround, you both prefer to modify the game files? I don´t understand that. :surrender:

Fox

Is it so difficult to understand that different people have different views of these things? I'm an engineer, and i like to fix things that are broken. And I'm here to have fun - and not to be restricted by dogmas.

I have about 30 MOD items in OvGME, mostly "default.lua" files where I added command options that ED forgot to add. And only 3 of them I have to turn off before going to MP.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Is it so difficult to understand that different people have different views of these things? I'm an engineer, and i like to fix things that are broken. And I'm here to have fun - and not to be restricted by dogmas.

I have about 30 MOD items in OvGME, mostly "default.lua" files where I added command options that ED forgot to add. And only 3 of them I have to turn off before going to MP.

Dogma? What?

Dude, you can do what you want. Modify your files as you like. But you don't know if these modifications might lead to another problem, or you don't know if the problem is solved by ED later on.

An engineer? Why then put in another possible source for a bug into the system. Shouldn't it be the other way around by reducing possible variables? Your bug reports are flaved, because you have a modified version of DCS now. And what is it that Moderators ask often? MODs installed?

Again, feel free to do as you like.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Well in the end we all uses this sim the way we like.

I never said that You should use my "Interim" (like "Interim" until the "real" fix from ED arrives) - only that You can use it - OR NOT.

I fully agree that files like flightmodel, damage model or weapons effectivenss should be changed - especially not if You go online, everybody should be on the same fileset.

For me though (and maybe a few others) want to have fun with this module now.

These CB bugs could easily have been fixed for month' ago, considering how gamebreaking they are.

ED has now given us a partial fix, where my interim fix simply makes the module work more or less as intended UNTIL ED comes with a final fix.

Also note that each time You update DCS - all non genuine files are replaced with genuine ones, regardless whteher the files changed are part of the fresh updated ones.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Also note that each time You update DCS - all non genuine files are replaced with genuine ones, regardless wheher the files changed are part of the fresh updated ones.

That's very easy to manage, thanks to the OvGME utility which Sedenion developed.

LeCuvier

• ED Team
With the latest Open Beta

the unintentional CB pop offs (landing gear/arming/shooting weapons) seem to be fixed.

Thanks

Fox

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear it has helped. :thumbup:

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

just to confirm: I find that all CB-related issues are gone; including also the one where the battery CB was OFF in airstart missions.

LeCuvier

• ED Team
just to confirm: I find that all CB-related issues are gone; including also the one where the battery CB was OFF in airstart missions.

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

Good to hear, and thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

Bignewy thanks, but why is there no Note it the Patch again? WW2 Moduls absolut lacking about this...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• ED Team
Bignewy thanks, but why is there no Note it the Patch again? WW2 Moduls absolut lacking about this...

Sorry,

this is due to us rushing out the fixes from multiple reports to get them tested in the public open beta, we have our main report still open internally and in review, once we are happy we will close out the report and it will most likely be added to the change log then.

With the issue now resolved I have closed this thread.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY