Recording & tracks

exile2256

My track recording seem to be very inconsistent. I’m trying to record single player missions. Sometimes my recordings, are not even of the correct mission, other times only partial parts. The aircraft also seems to crash (literally) when I didn’t crash. Have I not set up the track recording properly.?

When the mission ends, I just click quit and save track.

My track recording seem to be very inconsistent. I’m trying to record single player missions. Sometimes my recordings, are not even of the correct mission, other times only partial parts. The aircraft also seems to crash (literally) when I didn’t crash. Have I not set up the track recording properly.?

When the mission ends, I just click quit and save track.

Me too. it's always been like this for as long as I can remember, it has been reported in the past but seems to have been either ignored or forgotten. Oh well. I think maybe U-Tubers record by other means cause they never seem to have any probs. would be nice to know how or why!

Looking into this, it seems a lot of people record in a multiplayer server, regardless if they’re playing alone ot not, this helps avoid these bugs.. Another thing I came across, is that fast forwarding too quickly (over 4x) can cause corruption. This causes things like terrain impacts etc. That didn’t actually happen in mission occur. It seems that the track system, is far too complex and is bug ridden, although it would be an excellent feature if it worked correctly. A bit of a loss for the community and ED, considering how much promotion and marketing is done via users themselves these days.

I created a single training mission to learn how to drop bombs in a multiple targets and decided to record the flight to analyze some things. I save the flight replay but when I was watching look that sh*t that they saved!

It's no longer enough to not have a button to backward/forward the video in replay system , now the simulator invents things as well.

Heyyyy ED, let's fix this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6J6qwVhU-8&feature=youtu.be

It's impossible to watch my F-14 replays, every time I try to record something and watch the simulator later it just it all.

Hey, ED, let's fix this. It is already ridiculous a system that neither replay works properly.

Edited by BIGNEWY

• 5 months later...
How can i record tracks on my dedicated DCS server?

Oh, they'll record on their own accord quite nicely and start to clog up your hard drive if you don't prune them regularly. :D

Check the Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer directory (or equivalent) on your server and see what old horrors are lurking there.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Oh, they'll record on their own accord quite nicely and start to clog up your hard drive if you don't prune them regularly. :D

Check the Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer directory (or equivalent) on your server and see what old horrors are lurking there.

Thanks i just moved that folder to my x:partition...Let it clog there :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 weeks later...