Viggen skins

legitscoper

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cobra. :thumbup:

What's the difference between Wing L1 and wing L2?

Any ETA for the striped-down psd template? Those files you uploaded bring to the knees

even my PC, and we work daily with huge files!

Hide the main layer and it'll be smooth.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Hide the main layer and do your livery when finished unhide it and save.

<...>

Where's the main doors located...?

sorting out the fin and markings next

Also where's the livery thread for the Viggen in the livery section https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=356

Looking great, Joey! By main doors, do you mean the doors for the nosegear and mainmounts?

Thanks Cobra :thumbup:

Click for bigger pictures

mcaXa3Mm.jpg

mnHvmGnm.jpg

n6ZVLvWm.jpg

just some more things to sort out then they'll be out..

Anyone know the colour codes for the Gripen??

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 2 weeks later...

Having some probs on the fuselage section. The thingies on the side what I assume are some sort of vents... well for me only one side shows up painted in game or model viewer. The left side, the right side which needs to be fully green doesn't seem painted.

Also a wire frame layer would help a lot.... but apart from that it's pretty good template.

Having some probs on the fuselage section. The thingies on the side what I assume are some sort of vents... well for me only one side shows up painted in game or model viewer. The left side, the right side which needs to be fully green doesn't seem painted.

Also a wire frame layer would help a lot.... but apart from that it's pretty good template.

Here you go! :thumbup:

y4m2-JWXItK6hXFEaxP_YBAGNuSPFz__WaFzFL3Mxuv5PocMQvNaG6N0DIs1TxrFeRgnXTKN2vKVRq66w_l7ZDgi_US5Ua9_n7qHiiT0xkCw6iy8Zkeh10McKq4gxe4ghx4i7MqN3o4K-hFD-3o4x5Tz0M6a6O0JW0hW1BmGx8ucZkrTBDJNs1L3pFYMqGjrCjSWWmyh8n-3oU3Y0OwFqxpaQ?width=2048&height=2048&cropmode=none

Looks like only the one on the left side works, and it does the same color for both sides.

Edited by Home Fries

I think I have you the link to the updated files.

On the single colour version it works but not the camo versions.

on ma mobile

On further review, it's not a bug after all. Both tubes are separately represented on the left fuselage template.

I tested it with a texture locator. At first it looks like the entries are the same, but there is a subtle difference between the right and left sides.

Left side (note the lines and markings on the tube)

y4mk2fcCUwjFXvljvELZEaT_yjFlhu07cUpTb4opjZYLZSsKUvZcdCAuvdTcJPYJHmVcjIK56V4l9h3zaqYpWYptUmWQRKBUcCtZLjPOPUPPzx1rVVMLlCA-I09l4fUURge0eyi4UGN3IMDrgqsE4pd4iAPkPLTMmNkQJWgwfx2v3Od1B__os0axhmsr_peKhGnk0QD6O5-bMMfmsK6sxZ-pw?width=1820&height=664&cropmode=none

Right side (green with no markings on the top of the tube)

y4m1Loz-bDj_qWkg-nChCXYyGwexELJKAVVMxIV2wK2VKhjGEwvhgt0_MO4biB42n4UM6kIpm7mwgR0qVH55MJYDsCiteV3NRP8vX3Jbagkeat5PUZ0VD7kqi7E05POEz6QxYS1_8akD6swLzCaOcMzuSvX65-o5h0V3wabcBe6Vvvqot67k0o3MBJXcmIIz8eSGeIm8t6LSoyOqIjMNGk40w?width=1820&height=664&cropmode=none

Conclusion:

the tube on the top is for the left side and the bottom applies to the right.

y4mQM0LzCpkGTIiVwN3lDySZI2prRaYyDlfp6ZQglW72QNug3hMYDR7WP0Jvj-k67SbimlCydZSQNFLOa41tHTZ7-_nasr7pU_2XTmSfRQ91ZyFDQK6H7-ecSJ9kXYv8XdmOaqojfrq9pCZBafxuwSbP-PrFhzhd1WAb9CleBnGN0WfPaaXuFVJpiOhp0IYI3UD_XPs1cGc_LetWmDMCq27XA?width=1048&height=916&cropmode=none

On ma phone and can't see the images.. but very interesting.. Will check when I get home.

on ma mobile

I just tested it and it works fine.

Just to clarify, tubes on both sides are read from only the LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_L texture.

I took LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_L and colored the right tube with a nice bit of magenta (shown boxed in red).

y4maNVpL8FpsrMLdFLtbNuRcF0AibMW3abebe_XoZDGmmhHbijSvb3Vx0nR8pVkxXVb2HCUqdLNNEVIjIdyV7GoEyYcTzaPy71QmziGRMhUcXQi6rwM5jg_8nfhIcLMC0CDGiMFgyb66_nXhFJ6vCsoqU7qsRafZe6X_fcl-p2fDXYiiRNFv9rqSymJjIW_TM34AzZqoP8t5U3CsaA3dvMNzw?width=2048&height=2048&cropmode=none

The left side looks normal (with one exception) and the right side is magenta as expected.

y4mGSQeEn3aUflorGUQDl_2KEurU273jP198iUBPVinFo4TujVdPl5yBVYbpD3vpxWynczd7BA_sG0NWYRayfD6hAgCc2ThtHYsDyladWA2HDv3d4L5zhN7XMjRQr4mcJQGi4xfEfnNpUoHe9Ezb5z9JEHAq-Wf6CiLxOZzH7VwulPbZVc_AYPEAIaIo66TrPuq_mP_pM8DQ2EaoArTdePZKg?width=1812&height=928&cropmode=none

y4m67ZP7M5s_xSkfWugQOoSFf0qMkTjE2YfEz9Xwy_qogXRaVRn6jxko26shokIwA-A2DD90Ww_5jmX0sckOZHXGhxappqDPXDuj-EAghExIo4n48DyutKsAx2jmdJJn-1Kwpxxt1TBOdjpV1iP-VOtUadulrG7TyxVNLX7thnVwv4ncKUfoZazMkkk2yuMSQiSKngtwm-bixDf3FGUKIfqzA?width=1812&height=928&cropmode=none

The lone exception is the shaded texture on the inside of the tube (marked in yellow on the first graphic). I haven't figured out which one goes to which yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At 1(F) SQN RAF Air UK we are issued with Harriers many operating from dispersed sites and now an added boost, we incorporate a sister squadron of Viggens, badged IX (Bombers) Sqn RAF (helped dispatch the Tirpiz with tall boys)... so a fictional skin inspired by a celebration RL skin of the Tornado on retirement....

1023185710_DigitalCombatSimulator1-5-202023_54_57.thumb.jpg.8bea0014633a8e320af08a05bcbcaba7.jpg

tornado_zg775_2.thumb.jpg.d6787eed2d3b8f637bd7b6710e0418d8.jpg

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 months later...

Can someone help me out please? I am new to repainting, but I've done one on the Mig-21, which was a nicely layered pain template, that I was able to paint on top of the base layer, but underneath all the other little details. I'm having a hard time on the Viggen skin because it seems the only layer with all the nice little fastener details, is a base layer. I'll attach an image to show what I mean.

Basically, I want to add a desert camo scheme, but I'm painting on top of screw shadows and dirt, which erases or minimizes a lot of their detail. Is there another way I should be doing this?

139309582_AJS37Paint.jpg.ff5389b1b21435da45e0bf0a6714debf.jpg

Can someone help me out please? I am new to repainting, but I've done one on the Mig-21, which was a nicely layered pain template, that I was able to paint on top of the base layer, but underneath all the other little details. I'm having a hard time on the Viggen skin because it seems the only layer with all the nice little fastener details, is a base layer. I'll attach an image to show what I mean.

Basically, I want to add a desert camo scheme, but I'm painting on top of screw shadows and dirt, which erases or minimizes a lot of their detail. Is there another way I should be doing this?

Are you painting inside the "Liveries" folder?

yKXED8G.png

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Yes, inside the liveries folder there are a few green camo versions and a plain grey, each of them has the screw details etc baked in.

I'm currently getting by with painting on top of the grey skin, and using layer blending modes (overlay) so that the paint is a bit transparent and you can still see the details. I have a feeling this isn't how it's supposed to be done though.