Dynamic Training Mission

PukkaJob

I'm trying to create a dynamic training mission for me and my friend which includes multiple targets, each at different difficulty levels.

The hardest target is an airbase far north on the map. To make this target so difficult to attack, I'd like an inteceptor to take off from the runway to intecept the 2 players (me and my friend) when we get detected on the base's EWR system.

If it's possible, I'd really like a radio message to appear when detected, saying something like 'You are entering Ukraine controlled Gelendzhik airspace, please turn around or you will be shot down.' At this point, it would be good to have a couple of minutes to turn around. If however, the player doens't turn around, the inteceptor will have permission to hunt and engage the player.

I'd also like this to be continuous. For example, if we turn around the first time, the inteceptor returns back to base. But if we are detected on the EWR once more, the cycle starts again.

I'm not even sure if the inteceptor aircraft can be linked to an EWR. I've tried assigning the inteceptor a CAP mission with 'Search then Engage in Zone' advanced waypoint action, with a trigger to start when our aircraft group enters the restricted zone. But all he does is just take off and then imediately lands. I'd like the inteceptor to only stay in his specified airspace, and not go completely kamikaze and chase us accross the entire map trying to shoot us down.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, many thanks!

Eh bud... I can try and help out here since what you're looking for is pretty basic.

I think there are ways with scripting that you could probably achieve this however I'm not great with that. The mission editor and use of triggers will get you there too- but you need to make one exception and that is the actual detection of the base's EWR.

Instead, I would take range of the EWR (visible in a detection circle) and make a zone out of that. Set up a series of triggers for when you and / or your friend's aircraft are in / out of the zone.

When you are in the zone a certain flag is made true, and when you are out of the zone it can be made false.

There may be another way to do that with a "switched condition" trigger but frankly it's been so long for me I don't recall the difference so you may need to look into that more or someone can weigh in. I know that info is out there, you just need to look it up and see what works best.

So let's say you want a reward for flying in lower / nap of the earth. The trigger you set up can be based on conditions of altitude. Let's say you set a condition so that if you fly in "unit's altitude higher than" 1000 feet... that it sets your "unit in zone" flag to true- or set that flag to a random value between 90 and 100. The nice thing about setting a random value is that you can then build that value into a random trigger to vary the response a bit.

Let's say if you fly in at 1000 feet- the flag (1) has a random value between 90-100. You make a trigger that states that if your flag (1) has a value of more than 95 you are going to launch aircraft (late activated at your airbase.) There is a REALLY good chance that aircraft are going to be launched... but it's not certain.

Let's say that you are going to fly in the zone more carefully at over 500 feet but under 999 feet... we can set your flag (1) to a random value between 80-100. There is a much lower chance that you will be detected and that aircraft will launch.

If you fly in under 100 feet you could set that flag (1) random value between 20-100... you get the picture.

The thing is if you fly in high initially you stand a high chance of triggering the airbase defenses... even if you go low later on. But if you fly in low and stay low there is less and less chance of being activated. Does that make sense?

There are also "time since flag" options that you can set to create a delay so you can leave. The flag will be up when you enter the zone at a certain altitude.

I need to go but this is how I would initially set up triggering the EWR / Alert portion.

Getting aircraft to head back to base once they have been launched is a little different- but you could ultimately have them change their ROE in advanced unit triggers when the flag is set to false (I think).

I may be a bit off the mark with some stuff- maybe switched condition would be better... maybe there's an easier way- But are you familiar with the mission editor? Does anything I Wrote up top make any sense? Maybe you just start with a simple mission and I can help you get the initial stuff laid out and you can gradually build up from there.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

If you want, I can post the mission our group (Merc Inc.) uses for training. It is for blue side only. All targets are spawned at your request through F10. You can call tankers, awacs to help you.

The portion with EWR can be done quite easy but the easiest by far is to create a trigger zone which overlaps EWR detection ring. There is one problem though with the interceptors coming back to base and scramble again multiple times. Same group will do Refuel and take off just once so you will probably have to spawn new groups every time but at one point you may have a group coming home after you left restricted airspace and a second one taking off to intercept you. You may need to adjust your expectations and/or make some compromises.

Screen_190320_211233.thumb.jpg.bcd6bf4e59b64825edc0142ae676efd7.jpg

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]