using joystick profile for different Mig

CaptCanada

Hi all,

I assume that once I save a joystick profile for say the MIG 29/A that I should be able to load it and use it for the other MIG 29 variants in the game?

I ask because I don't seem to be able to load default profile I made the for MIG 29/A and use it for the other variants.

Thanks

You can — you just have to navigate to where the individual input .diff files are stored. So the immediate question is how are you trying to load those profiles and what is it that ends up not working?

What you can also do, which is a bit more technical but also vastly more convenient in the long run, is to create directory links that point all MiG-29 variant directories to the same input files. That way, any time you change binds in one of them, it changes for all of them without having to fiddle with saving and loading profiles — all variants are reading and writing to the exact same files. That's a slightly more involved process to reach the same end, which might not be what you actually want, but I'm just mentioning it as a teaser tip for what's possible to do…

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks

I am trying to load a default profile I created for the Mig 29/A to use with the other models.

The Load Profile button is greyed out when I try to load the profile I want to use on a model. I end up having to assign all the buttons I want to use on the other Mig variants available rather than simply loading a profile that I want to use.

I just did it myself, and it worked fine. I get the feeling that you may be under the illusion that it loads the whole lot in one go. This is not the case. The Load profile button remains greyed out until you select a controller - ie Joystick, Throttle or Pedals - depending on what you have.

Once you Have clicked on any entry for a particular controller, THEN you can click on Load Profile and navigate to your MiG-29A folder and load the saved profile for that, and only that controller. Repeat for each controller. You will still need to manually add any modifier keys if you use them.