ACLS

Spathiphyllum

Is the Heatblur F-14 gonna be launched on Early Access with functional ACLS or is this system planned for later?

It's a system that makes me very much interested in the Tomcat and in the Hornet too but it's not a high priority feature for the Hornet right now so chances are that the F-14 will have ACLS implemented before the F-18.

In the beginning I wasn't paying much of an attention to this upcoming module, being new to DCS, but with time I realized Heatblur are - in contrary to my initial thoughts -actually very, very active when it comes to fixing bugs and adding features and communicating to us. Happy to see the upcoming stuff for the Viggen, and now I am excitedly waiting for the F-14 and I am sure it's gonna be a kickass module on par (at least) with the Hornet both visually and system depth wise. Good times ahead!

Great stuff!

As for the ACLS, I am not too familiar with it although I read a lot about it.

As far as I understand it's basically a hands off, fully automated landing system that will basically guide you down onto the carrier without any pilot input once engaged. What I still don't understand, do you need to disconnect in the very last moment and manually touch down or does the system actually land the aircraft for you?

Does this system provide landing without touching anything?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5