DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

I see no DCSFlightpanels.exe - I installed the DCS-BIOS to the location it said to. When I installed DCSFlightpanels it said place it anywhere and run the exe, but no exe.

Have you read the first post in this thread? If there is missing information there I will add it.

Unzip the files into the folder where you want to keep the program.

You start the application by executing DCSFlightpanels.exe

Problems? Try running DCSFlightpanels as "Administrator".

You do not need any additional drivers

Is that the part you mean by in the first post? I've done the first step, but the 2nd step "You start the application by executing DCSFlightpanels.exe I can't complete, there's no .exe file in the downloaded files.

New release

M-2000C Radios added. Report what features you want for the radio panel & M-2000C. I don't fly it, don't know what would be useful.

A ton of other changes has been made, report the bugs and I will fix them.

Edited by ArturDCS

Did you download the DCSFlightpanels_x64_xxx.zip file from "Releases" page?

If you want to contribute you could make either text instructions, images or a video showing the installation. Since you are a new user you can easier see where the difficulties are. I'll be here for a few hours to help.

Unzip the files into the folder where you want to keep the program.

You start the application by executing DCSFlightpanels.exe

Problems? Try running DCSFlightpanels as "Administrator".

You do not need any additional drivers

Is that the part you mean by in the first post? I've done the first step, but the 2nd step "You start the application by executing DCSFlightpanels.exe I can't complete, there's no .exe file in the downloaded files.

Edited by ArturDCS

i found some files for the Mig15bis.

i would do a DCS BIOS File for it.

but i dont get all the files from the cockpit scripts (mainpanel_init is missing), and i need an tester for the finished file. because i dont own the MIG15

Edited by BlackLibrary

Just upgraded to latest version from version : 1.0.112.4635 to version : 1.0.122.4971

But I'm getting a pop up and log full of

06.01.2019 03:33:52  version : 1.0.122.4971
993013 Custom message = []
System.Exception
Failed to find TextBox from MultiPanel Knob : PITCH_TRIM_WHEEL_DOWN
  at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl.GetTextBox(MultiPanelPZ70Knobs knob, Boolean whenTurnedOn)
  at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl.ShowGraphicConfiguration()

but nothing else, I can bind it by going into the txt file but not able to in the GUI (binding doesn't even show).

Any clues? did I brake it again? anything I can do to help diagnose?

Many Thanks

Quad.

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

Just upgraded to latest version from version : 1.0.112.4635 to version : 1.0.122.4971

System.Exception

at DCSFlightpanels.MultiPanelUserControl.GetTextBox(MultiPanelPZ70Knobs knob, Boolean whenTurnedOn)

but nothing else, I can bind it by going into the txt file but not able to in the GUI (binding doesn't even show).

Many Thanks

Quad.

after i binded it in the profile file it showed up in the gui and worked in the sim

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Release updated. Hopefully bug is gone. :)

System.Exception

Many Thanks

Quad.

Seems okay so far thank you very much, I'll have proper test with it later.

After an extended testing session working like a champ thank you very much.

Edited by Quadrafarian

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

When I try to use DCSFlightpanels with the DCSBIOS profile FA18C I get this error message:

11.01.2019 07:38:39 version : 1.0.107.5606

1073 Custom message = []

System.Exception

LoadCommonData() :

Couldn't find part of the path (Det gick inte att hitta en del av sökvägen) C:\Users\joach\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json.

vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadCommonData(String jsonDirectory)

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.LoadControls()

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetControl(String controlId)

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSControlLocator.GetDCSBIOSOutput(String controlId)

vid NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)

vid NonVisuals.SwitchPanelPZ55..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)

vid DCSFlightpanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)

vid DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.SearchForPanels()

Edited by kimkiller

Make sure thst under Settings the path to the DCS-BIOS json files is correct.

When I try to use DCSFlightpanels with the DCSBIOS profile FA18C I get this error message:

1073 Custom message = []

System.Exception

LoadCommonData() :

Couldn't find part of the path (Det gick inte att hitta en del av sökvägen) C:\Users\joach\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\CommonData.json.

vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

vid System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)

vid NonVisuals.SaitekPanel..ctor(SaitekPanelsEnum typeOfSaitekPanel, HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton)

vid DCSFlightpanels.SwitchPanelPZ55UserControl..ctor(HIDSkeleton hidSkeleton, TabItem parentTabItem, IGlobalHandler globalHandler)

11.01.2019 07:38:39 version : 1.0.107.5606

1073 Custom message = []

System.Exception

LoadCommonData() :

set correct path to <user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json in setings/DCS_BIOS menu

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Tnx a lot. That made it work at least one step. now i only get the below error message where the first Swedish lines translates to "The object reference has not been specified to an instance of an object" :

11.01.2019 08:12:59 version : 1.0.107.5606

12061 Custom message = []

System.NullReferenceException

Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSInput.Consume(DCSBIOSControl dcsbiosControl)

vid DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOSInput.ImportString(String str)

vid NonVisuals.DCSBIOSBindingPZ55.ImportSettings(String settings)

vid NonVisuals.SwitchPanelPZ55.ImportSettings(List`1 settings)

vid NonVisuals.ProfileHandler.ProfileReadFromFileEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, SettingsReadFromFileEventArgs e)

vid NonVisuals.ProfileHandler.SendSettingsReadEvent()

Did you open some profile... ?? You have to correct ID in it.

Tnx a lot. That made it work at least one step. now i only get the below error message where the first Swedish lines translates to "The object reference has not been specified to an instance of an object" :

vid NonVisuals.ProfileHandler.ProfileReadFromFileEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, SettingsReadFromFileEventArgs e)

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Please post your profile and I will look into it asap.

Still no feedback regarding the Mirage and what functionality would be good in the radio panel. No one flying the M-2000C?

i am but (still) don’t have the radio panel

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

My PZ69 IS displaying the F-18 presets. The small inner silver knobs control the volume in game like it should and the outer switch button pulls the radio button out like it should as well.

What's not working is the larger silver knobs. They will not change the radio presets like described in the profile. Any ideas? Thanks

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I got a PM reply from Capt Zeen it looks like something may have changed with DCS Bios or the Flight Panels because he is seeing the same result. Just wanted to update that in case anyone else runs into the issue.;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Had a chance to test and somewhere in one of the DCS Bios updates the profile code must've been broken. I just installed the original DCS Bios update that had Capt Zeen's Radio additions and the full radio worked.

Was the issue of the large knobs only going one direction ever solved? If so would love to go to that version to get that functionality.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

the BIOS File form the Flightpanbel DCS-BIOS is based on the last verson from andrewW.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3512225&postcount=1

i added to these the additon from CaptnZeen

and changed the standby Presure altimeter, because he only increase but not decrease.

if you not using this version. please try it.

link in my signature

Thank you for the info. This is all a bit new to me so I want to make sure I get it right. To update I just want to grab most recent version of DCS Bios from Andrew W. Would that be the one in the page link that is from Nov? Or the one from a week ago in the DCS Bios link from your sig?

Also, which profile should I use with it? Sorry if those are bad questions. This has confused me some since there are so many downloads. The only one I've seen that specifically lists the F-18 add the one with Capt Zeen months ago. Thanks

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet