SAR request

CptTangerine

Hi

Given how early the Bo-105 is in development, could I put in an early request for a Search & Rescue variant? By this I mean one with a door winch and some people to be winched to safety.

It seems that this is the one thing that we are missing in the helicopter line-up. I'm as excited as the next man to get a new helicopter but we're sort of doubling up on roles at the moment: Kiowa and Gazelle, Mi-8 and Huey, Ka-50 and Mi-24. The Bo-105 is likely to simply be a bit of an amalgam of the Huey and Gazelle unless it has something to set it apart and give us an incentive to buy it.

Just my tuppence-worth.

Good luck with the project!

Cheers!

CptT.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Agree - SAR functionality would be a real game changer (sling loading, winching, thermal imaging - in combination) - and can serve both civil and military state of the art operations. The chance to implement it from beginning is there.

And PLEASE - include a check box to hide the loadouts / weapon carrier structures such as in the Huey, to allow non-weapon operations with the Bo.

Other than that - can't wait for the release...

Edited by rato65

Agree - SAR functionality would be a real game changer (sling loading, winching, thermal imaging - in combination) - and can serve both civil and military state of the art operations.

Agreed. This is something that no other DCS unit does at the moment. It would surely be a unique selling point and something that would suit naval aviation ecosystem of DCS nicely.

And PLEASE - include a check box to hide the loadouts / weapon carrier structures such as in the Huey, to allow non-weapon operations with the Bo.

Definitely! Having the option to remove the external hardpoints and weaponry would be extremely useful. Give it some plain (non-combat) paintschemes and it suddenly is not just a general service helicopter, but it is providing additional civilian traffic for missions.

Ideally, what I would really like, is to recreate SAR3 in DCS. Almost all of the elements are there. And for those who just like blowing things up, there would still be that option.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4195013&postcount=1

To benefit from the SAR, there should be a requirement for that tasking as well. At least in normal mode keep the pilots on the ground and make them possible be captured by ground units to gain points, or rescue them and gain points. SAR pilots would receive extra points in multiplayer for searching and rescuing those downed pilots, even when those players are already flying again somewhere.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

That would be very cool.

For a while now I have been thinking that it would be really good to have a dynamic campaign like the one in Enemy Engaged where all the pieces were laid out on the map at the beginning and would engage each other across time to capture points with the player influencing the battleground with their performance. In that model the game was essentially over when you ran out of flyable aircraft to pilot or you won the war. Likewise, you could have a roster of pilots for a campaign. If you run out of pilots, campaign over. You could then decide whether to run a SAR mission to rescue the pilot or abandon them.

I wouldn't limit it to that, I would definitely have standalone SAR missions rescuing people from oil rigs, lakes, mountains, etc. both in military and civilian scenarios but, if there was ever a comprehensive dynamic campaign, it could be incorporated if there was a will to do so.

I have a suspicion that most PCs would struggle to run an entire battlefield's-worth of assets from the outset though.

The SAR versions was mostly CBS, the slightly longer Bo105.

I dont know, maybe some used the short version but there should be really little space available for this in a non S (stretched) version...

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for SAR!

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• 2 weeks later...
SAR funtionality can be need implement first by ED on core, before on a module.

Really only if you want to winch the survivors into the aircraft or have other such animations like stretchers being loaded.

Otherwise SAR missions are already possible and there are quite a few out there right now.