Unable to Destroy Static Aircraft in Normandy Map

rhinofilms

I'm making an airfield strafe mission where parked planes can be destroyed, but when I place planes on the airfield as static objects they're indestructible. Is there a way to place aircraft and vehicles that are parked, not taxiing or doing anything in a way that can be destroyed?

Like, they're never all the way dead, or they never take damage at all?

If the latter, this is a bug and should be reported. If the former, create a trigger to detect damage and then either destroy the aircraft using an explosion or simply use a damage check to determine if the mission has been accomplished. To destroy them:

1 ONCE (explode Parked AC 1, NO EVENT)

---------

UNIT DAMAGED (Parked AC 1)

---------

EXPLODE UNIT (Parked AC 1, 200)

If instead you just want to consider the objective accomplished:

1 ONCE (Parked AC 1/2/etc. damaged, NO EVENT)

--------

UNIT DAMAGED (Parked AC 1)

UNIT DAMAGED (Parked AC 2)

UNIT DAMAGED (Parked AC 3)

--------

MESSAGE TO ALL ('Parked aircraft have been destroyed!', 10)

• 8 months later...

Static vehicles will smoke, burn and then explode, but static planes only have pieces disappear. Placing planes that are in the process of taking off from a ramp does work, but I'm limited in where I can place them and they don't sit there that long.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes but not often, the answer can be relatively simple. I would recommend placing actual aircraft units instead of statics and tick the uncontrolled box as per the following video.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3772955&postcount=73

I haven't tested it for a while but it used to work quite nicely.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my experience, aircraft on the ground, static or otherwise, do not destroy all that easily. Have seen aircraft in absolute pieces but has not triggered as being destroyed. I have had to revert to scripting to make it happen by triggering a small explosion after a number of hits.

Shahdoh has it.

The "DEAD" condition is looking for the unit to be totally destroyed, not just inoperative. Since we're talking about units with fairly complex damage models, it is extremely difficult to completely eradicate the unit without the help of gravity shoving it into the ground at a couple hundred knots.

I'd suggest using "UNIT DAMAGED" or "UNIT'S LIFE LESS THAN" to detect the damage or, as Shadoh suggests, triggering a small explosion on top of the unit after it has sustained damage if you want a fireworks show.

Oh, and look...maybe read the last post I wrote in this thread also.

Edited by feefifofum