Dragon's version of the Sharkpit

STP Dragon

DRAGONs_Sharkpit_BASEMENT.jpg

DRAGONs Sharkpit BASEMENT V4.0

This is a modification of TangoRomeos SharkPit V2 Mod!

Included Mods:

- Dust&Scratches Mod von Lee!

THIS IS THE BASEMENT MOD!

This mod is the base for all the additional Sharkpit mods by DRAGON!

Changes:

- Brighter skin

- No green undertone (simply grey)

- Original warninglights

- Dust and scratches on the windows

- Clean HUD (original HUD)

- UGM B info (also russian cockpit)

Additional mods:

BASEMENT MOD needed!

DRAGONs_Sharkpit_CleanWindow.jpg

DRAGONs Sharkpit - CleanWindow

Edited by =STP= Dragon
  • Like 4

Why the original Mod was not working for 1.0.1?

There are 3 new texturs for the ADI and SAI in the english cockpit.

This texturs in 1.0.0 was used from the russion cockpit.

I have edited the russian texturs and exchanged the original.

Thanks Dragon, it's lovely. One thing I don't like about it though is that the plate beneath the HUD and the Master Arm/Weapons Stores plate become blurred when zoomed out, this is not unique to this mod though, and is seen in the original version as well

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

What is changed in this release? The other version seems to work fine for me with BS 1.01

I like this pit a lot. The only thing I dislike is the light on the PVI and datalink panel. Could you change that you think?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turn Scenes in the options up to high to sort this.

It is already. So it isn't really that, sorry. I've bumped up my AF and AA to 16x and 4x as well so it isn't that. An mipmaps are set to high quality so it ain't that either. Anything else anyone can think of?

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

It is already. So it isn't really that, sorry. I've bumped up my AF and AA to 16x and 4x as well so it isn't that. An mipmaps are set to high quality so it ain't that either. Anything else anyone can think of?

Have you turned off anisotropic sample and trilinear optimization?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is changed in this release? The other version seems to work fine for me with BS 1.01

See my post:

Why the original Mod was not working for 1.0.1?

There are 3 new texturs for the ADI and SAI in the english cockpit.

This texturs in 1.0.0 was used from the russion cockpit.

I have edited the russian texturs and exchanged the original.

So the only thing I have changed is that I have add the 3 new textures for ADI and SAI for the english cockpit.

These 3 textures wasn't in the orginal mod because the russian textures was in use for this in 1.0.0.

So either you are useing the russian cockpit or you saw the 3 new textures of the original 1.0.1 cockpit.

I like this pit a lot. The only thing I dislike is the light on the PVI and datalink panel. Could you change that you think?

I can but I won't. I like the panels. :P

Also they are very realistic:

airforce_ru_ka-50_91.jpg

If you want I can make you a personal mod with the grey buttons of the past version.

After all I want to say again that the original mod was made by TangoRomeo!

Edited by =STP= Dragon

well allright dragon :) Nice shot there!

just to be clear: i mean the night lightning on the pvi and datalink. don't you think it stands out a bit from the rest of the cockpit lightning?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just to be clear: i mean the night lightning on the pvi and datalink. don't you think it stands out a bit from the rest of the cockpit lightning?

Hm... maybe... but I never see the oreal instrumentlight of the Ka-50...

Edit: Also it is quite difficult to designe shining buttons which should seem realistic at day and at night by one texture.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Have you turned off anisotropic sample and trilinear optimization?

That I have. It sure looks like some anisotropy setting though, because it's evident that it's dependent on my distance and angle to these textures.

Hello Dragon2781 ,

I wanted to ask if I can put your beautiful cockpit in the download section of site of the 21st Group 'TIGER', given that 'we have adopted as standard.

Thanks

Again: The original mod is build by TangoRomeo. I only have edited his mod.

For me it is ok if you want to upload the mod to your side. But you have to ask TangoRomeo also!

Again: The original mod is build by TangoRomeo. I only have edited his mod.

For me it is ok if you want to upload the mod to your side. But you have to ask TangoRomeo also!

Ok, thanks,

Will contact 'also TangoRomeo but that' does not respond to messages for some time, and does not seem the most 'in this forum...:(

Ok, thanks,

Will contact 'also TangoRomeo but that' does not respond to messages for some time, and does not seem the most 'in this forum...:(

I know. That's why I released this mod. Once TangoRomeo gave me the permission to release it but after the differneces about my changes of the Battlefield FX mod, I decided to remove "my" Sharkpit mod from the servers.

Now TangoRomeo don't anwer about the requests and I released it again.

Hi

Same here I got a Cockpit as well I would very much like to release but to go through all this "please sir can I" get's right up my nose. Timm

Edited by Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Gernerally it is only a game yes. A mod makes a lot of work and if you want to see it like that, it is a kind of ART!

As I know the copyright of art is on the creators side.

Timm, I have no problem if you want to upload it to your server...

If you want to do that without the permission of TangoRomeo it is not my problem. :)

I only want that you understand what a mod (or for example my missionpack) meens to the creator. It is so mutch work, it's your "baby" and you don't wan't that anybody edit or upload it without your permission.

That's also why I don't want to release my modified Battlefield FX-mod. I have no permission so I will not release it.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

• 2 weeks later...

The dirty window is located in the KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA in Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds

Open Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.cdds with the CDDS-Explorer of Modman and import the original KA-50 WINDOWS.TGA which you can find in the backup folder of modman.

First, thanks for putting this together!

When I installed this with Modman 7.110, it reset my cockpit to the Russian language version and I was not able to get it to revert to the English cockpit. When I uninstalled the mod with Modman, it said there were no Modman backups for the various cockpit cdds files. The only way I was able to revert to the original English cockpit was to restore from my original install backup files.

Is this something I did wrong in the install? I would sure like to use this as the cockpit is very sharp ... but not at the expense of losing my English cockpit. Any way to install and get what I want?

Either way, super job on the mods!

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Hey blaster454.

Do you have installed any other cockpit mods?

Modman is only a program which copies the old files in a backup folder and copies the new files in the games folder.

If you use a oter mod which uses the same files, the files of the mod will be copied into the backup folder. So your original files will be overwritten there.

This mod is not compatible with other cockpit-mods!