Aviation Push

Sorry for taking out all the bases. ;) :megalol:

Back on topic :D IVC works great!

Best regards,

Tango.

Although we may be on the same side........watch out for falling bombs :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

For the radio equipment to work on board each aircraft, for existing future and modules, one has to imagine a common system.

If a 3 party creates that system in 2 years from now, what use is it going to be for the modules released prior that.

All those buttons and knobs would have to be reworked to simulate radio equipment, who’s gonna do that?

I can’t imagine how easy or hard to create that system but perhaps in 2 years form now some one might think, why didn’t we do that earlier.

Edited by monotwix

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Well in theory (and speculating at the moment) the DCS radio functions will be the same for any aircraft, so as long as the VOIP system ties into the common system, there should be no need to change every 3rd party mod.

This is my understanding of how TARS works.

So an A-10, P-51, Hawk, L-39, Etc. will all use the DCS common radio system, just using different methods.

• 3 weeks later...
Can't wait to take the Typhoon around the mach loop in DCS... Just a dream.

You'll be waiting the rest of your life then!

As the Typhoon will be flying in the Georgia/Russia area and potentially Nevada if we are really lucky.

You will never get to take it around the Mach loop because there is no plans for a DCS Wales map as far as I know!

Sadly the only Mach Looping you or anyone else will be doing is on Flight Sim.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;1553001']Sadly the only Mach Looping you or anyone else will be doing is on Flight Sim.

or in xplane. However, I echo the original sentiment and agree with you that it will probably never happen for DCS.

I just wish that DCS had a global map that can be installed by specific regions via user prefs. Like x-plane.

• Like 1

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

What makes you say that Mav?

There are 3rd party terrain developers out there.

I'll put my hands up, I had never heard about this at all!

DAMN YOU! Now I'm excited because it's 'possible'!

Although as you mentioned it is unlikely but the potential exists and that is truly good news for those of us who have been around the virtual mach loop thousands of times in other sims!

*Cough*... Can't wait to take the Typhoon around the mach loop in DCS... Just a dream.

:D

edit: If you have any influence Chris... LFA14 would be awesome ;)

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

or in xplane. However, I echo the original sentiment and agree with you that it will probably never happen for DCS.

I just wish that DCS had a global map that can be installed by specific regions via user prefs. Like x-plane.

Unsure of how X-Plane 10 works, but ideally there would be a global map, with specific regions that are loaded in if you have them installed. Otherwise the terrain would be more or less autogenerated. Still the height maps would have to be pretty constant between each player, considering that some players may not have the high definition terrain installed on their machine.

That is, of course, to say nothing of buildings or trees.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Here's an idea: model the entire world, but flat. Have the continents in the correct places, oceans etc.., but no detail (maybe some generic grass texture).

If people want to do a terrain region - add the relief data in a Lat/Lon box format, with detailed textures as it is now?

You read it here first. ;)

It seems that idea may already exist.... if you fly off the map you just get flat, green textures.

Best regards,

Tango.

Not a very enticing prospect, to me, a flat world. Have a method for people to "fill out" desired areas with detail as 3rd party projects, just like every other simulator with world scenery. Don't do it without the proper mechanism.

ED folks are not stupid... if/when they have the resources they will start to attack features in popular demand. World scenery is a benchmark item that other "everything simulators" tend to boast. If you ask me it's a matter of time before ED joins that list. Conceptually, they've got an excellent start to the most complete flight simulator ever designed... they just need time.

I'd rather have a world that supports curvature of the Earth in detailed bits and pieces than to have the entire thing flattened out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Einstein thought of that as well as time.

The Idea of free development is tricky because of copy right, but the tools…

Remember the tile proxy? Now the idea of payware tools from which all parties could benefit isn’t so ridiculous. Google has a lot of data.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.