HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I didn't see any issue for over 20 hours and even now it is occasional and intermittent. I did have my PC lock up once with a SteamVR error a few days ago. I have no idea what caused it.

Has everyone disabled the Power Management within SteamVR near the bottom of the Developer page? I heard from a Rift S guy that it was causing him problems and that cleared it up. I changed it today but only tried it about a half hour after that.

Traditionally my missions tend to last a couple of hours in the hornet and tomcat (three hours in the Hog for a similar distance), then I always land and take off the headset for an hour or so. I may then go back for another mission or tweak something in ME. I never spent a full afternoon in the headset, even with Rift.

Wonder if this is why I never see these flickering problems?

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I didn't see any issue for over 20 hours and even now it is occasional and intermittent. I did have my PC lock up once with a SteamVR error a few days ago. I have no idea what caused it.

Has everyone disabled the Power Management within SteamVR near the bottom of the Developer page? I heard from a Rift S guy that it was causing him problems and that cleared it up. I changed it today but only tried it about a half hour after that.

Yeah I tried that early on. It didn't make much difference

A small pie is soon eaten

Just checked HP's US web sight and they list the HP Reverb Pro warranty as 1 year. I have one ordered at 3 different places and would have cancelled them for a 3 year warranty and would have cancelled them for a 3 year warranty direct from HP. Question is what is the US warranty 1 or 3 years.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I was told by HP in writing if you buy direct from them it is as follows but my unit also says that online when I registered it. (If you bought Reverb Professional somewhere else please check your warranty when you register it on HP Support and let us know what the warranty says.)

3 years for the HP Reverb Professional

1 year for the HP Reverb Standard

My HP Reverb Professional says 3 years which I posted the details of above somewhere. That is a big plus if they have decent support.

Just checked HP's US web sight and they list the HP Reverb Pro warranty as 1 year. I have one ordered at 3 different places and would have cancelled them for a 3 year warranty and would have cancelled them for a 3 year warranty direct from HP. Question is what is the US warranty 1 or 3 years.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Usually in the US we get only one year manufacturer warranty. But the pro version is supposed to have 2 years since it's a business type device. Along with that you are supposed to get faster rma support. I think he got his in the US early on when orders first came through. I don't know anyone else in the US who got one except for reviewers.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Why would a Rift S user be using Steam VR? If there is another thread on the benefits of this please, can you point me to it. Thank you.

3 years on the Reverb Pro warranty in the US.

I think there were several hundred sold in the US when I pressed the HP guy about the number. I chat with others who got them in the US on Reddit. Some are DCS players but not on the ED forum much.

Usually in the US we get only one year manufacturer warranty. But the pro version is supposed to have 2 years since it's a business type device. Along with that you are supposed to get faster rma support. I think he got his in the US early on when orders first came through. I don't know anyone else in the US who got one except for reviewers.

Right off of HP's web site.

My Device Preferred device HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition

HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition

In Warranty | 36 months remaining

Last checked Jun 27, 2019

Refresh warranty status

Explore extended support plans

Serial number: XXXXXXXXXX

Product number: 7DH40UT

HP manufacturer/base warranty

Warranty type Manufacturer Warranty

Service type Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Status Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 36 months remaining.

Start Date May 31, 2019

End Date June 29, 2022

Service Level Std Office Hrs Std Office Days

Std Office Hrs Std Office Days

Global Coverage

Standard Material Handling

Standard Parts Logistics

No Usage Limitation

2 Business Days Turn-Around

Customer delivers to RepairCtr

Customer Pickup at RepairCtr

Deliverables Offsite Support & Materials

Hardware Problem Diagnosis

There is also an Initial Setup warranty of three months:

Service type Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Status Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 3 months remaining.

Start Date May 31, 2019

End Date September 27, 2019

NextAvail TechResource Remote

2 Hr Remote Response

Unlimited Named Callers

Deliverables Initial Setup Assistance

Edited by Secoda

SteamVR games.

Oculus Rift S Already Works With SteamVR

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-s-steamvr-support-compatibility/

Why would a Rift S user be using Steam VR? If there is another thread on the benefits of this please, can you point me to it. Thank you.

Edited by Secoda

3 years on the Reverb Pro warranty in the US.

I think there were several hundred sold in the US when I pressed the HP guy about the number. I chat with others who got them in the US on Reddit. Some are DCS players but not on the ED forum much.

Right off of HP's web site.

My Device Preferred device HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition

HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition

In Warranty | 36 months remaining

Last checked Jun 27, 2019

Refresh warranty status

Serial number: XXXXXXXXXX

Product number: 7DH40UT

HP manufacturer/base warranty

Warranty type Manufacturer Warranty

Service type Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Status Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 36 months remaining.

Start Date May 31, 2019

End Date June 29, 2022

Std Office Hrs Std Office Days

Global Coverage

Standard Material Handling

Standard Parts Logistics

No Usage Limitation

2 Business Days Turn-Around

Customer delivers to RepairCtr

Customer Pickup at RepairCtr

Deliverables Offsite Support & Materials

Hardware Problem Diagnosis

There is also an Initial Setup warranty of three months:

Service type Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Status Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 3 months remaining.

Start Date May 31, 2019

End Date September 27, 2019

NextAvail TechResource Remote

2 Hr Remote Response

Unlimited Named Callers

Deliverables Initial Setup Assistance

Hey Secoda, where do you find all of that warranty data for your unit? I went through what I thought was the correct process for registering my unit, but I can't seem to find the details of my warranty anywhere on their site that I've looked. Can you post a link for where you view that info?

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I posted a VR headset Poll. I asked them to make it a sticky.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244877

Edited by Secoda

It's on HP Support (Contact Support). Register yourself and then your headset with the serial number by Adding A Device. It will show up under My Dashboard.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hey Secoda, where do you find all of that warranty data for your unit? I went through what I thought was the correct process for registering my unit, but I can't seem to find the details of my warranty anywhere on their site that I've looked. Can you post a link for where you view that info?

Q9LFN3v.jpg

I don't think I gave away too many personal details. Just my name. lol

8XTBwNA.jpg

Edited by Secoda

Very cool! Thanks Secoda! :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Just did about two hours using the Reverb with the Huey. Worked perfectly. Go figure.

... just did 2 minutes in the Huey. Worked flawlessly, Reverb didn't crash. Which is more than can be said for the pilot who landed the Huey on its right side ....... copilot must have had his anti-gravity suit on to remain sitting up straight in his seat while 3 feet in the air at 90 degrees to the ground. Thought DCS was meant to have good physics modelling ? :)

He may have had a spinal fusion (all of it) from some rough auto's in the past. :)

... just did 2 minutes in the Huey. Worked flawlessly, Reverb didn't crash. Which is more than can be said for the pilot who landed the Huey on its right side ....... copilot must have had his anti-gravity suit on to remain sitting up straight in his seat while 3 feet in the air at 90 degrees to the ground. Thought DCS was meant to have good physics modelling ? :)

Since the headset may be going back next week I spent some time testing the connector and the plugs this evening and can pretty well duplicate most of the problems mentioned and at least temporarily fix them too.

They do all seem cable related but both the connector and the USB plug appear to be involved - not just one. By the time I was done I fixed everything and played for another hour w/o any issues. When I cause them I see all kinds of weird stuff:

Flickering

Blanking screen

Freezing

WMR error 14-1 Check Headset cable

SteamVR error -203 Unexpected error

Sound disconnecting from headset and going back to PC

If I disconnect the connector and reconnect it in a certain position and lock it in place with a clamp it stops most of the errors. The drooping USB plug at the PC causes the sound issue. I can lift it up and stabilize it and then I don't see any errors. My headset runs cool and I can't get any errors messing with the cable going into the headset - only the connector to the rest of the long cable. What the HP guy told me seems to be correct.

I need to test this more tomorrow to make sure no errors pop up but IMO they really messed up the QC on the cabling/connectors/plug. I think it is just cheaply made and it must not have been tested much - maybe a late arrival?

As it was wrote be me before, it looks like revision 2 will be at September I suppose:

Dear customer,

I’d like to give you an update on the backorder for the HP Reverb. Unfortunately, the time it takes for HP to replace all cables is longer than expected. In the systems, it says now that production wil be restarted mid August, which means we will receive stocks no sooner than end of August.

I apologize for all these delays, please let us know when you cannot wait any longer.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just got a shipping notification that my $599 regular version Reverb shipped from Amazon. Any thoughts on if this will be a "fixed" version?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

As it was wrote be me before, it looks like revision 2 will be at September I suppose:
Damn that's horrible. Also, it will be short stock too so probably still difficult to buy. Well I guess I'll get back to flying one day with my Odyssey instead. At least on July 9th they are supposed to fix the wmr issue that makes things blurry.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Doubtful but who knows. At the very least I bet they have tested that cable by now but it is the same bad build. The new ones certainly aren't available yet. They don't even have a firm ETA. I think mid-August is a guess they are giving the big retailers but probably realistic. HP - please test these new ones before you ship them. :music_whistling:

With my "rigged" or "fixed" cable it booted and worked perfectly so far this morning. I highly doubt they tested that long cable originally. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the headset itself.

I just got a shipping notification that my $599 regular version Reverb shipped from Amazon. Any thoughts on if this will be a "fixed" version?

How do you like that Samsung QLED 4K 82" monitor? :)

aeiG9Aa.jpg

Edited by Secoda

I still have my Lenovo Explorer (1440 x 1440). My Reverb is plenty bright. Especially when the sun hits the cockpit panel (too bright). I have read complaints about some going dimmer at times. It seems maybe yours is stuck there?

I would be curious what you are getting for FPS in the F-18 both with terrain rendering and just sky once you get it setup as well as Naruto.

The short cable from the connector to the headset is isolated (zip tied and attached with the clip HP has there) with a loop in it. I am afraid to touch it. lol The way it is looped it is very stiff and doesn't move when you touch it.

Hglv7CO.jpg

Z4G9t3K.jpg

To be honest, all these problems people reporting not just for HP Reverb but for other VR as for example SO+ or Rift S too are similar and they are related more to the DP, HDMI, and USB connector design which is not designed for the constant moving of the cable.

Some similar DIY modification like one made on the head connection which will secure that cable is not moving on the sensitive connector spot so all this is fixable at your own simple DIY. One zip tie on the back of the PC case will do miracles and to be sure will prevent any possible accidental damage made by pulling the cable too hard.

I will do that anyway even if I don't have any of this problem just to protect my hardware from accidentally made damage.

Secoda, did you try to secure the cable in a similar way as I suggested earlier. I believe add one more secure point on the PC case just after USB and DP connection to your PC will help in some way, especially with a stiffer cable like it is on HP.

I don't own Reverb yet but I already decided to get one soon as will be available in Croatia. Even after all this problem, I didn't change my mind about how Reverb is not just the best buy option but it is the best option for what I want from VR.

That is why I'm fully involved in this discussion just trying to be useful and constructive.

Read my last posts. I had some time to test the long cable and identify the problems. I have it well isolated now and everything works well like that. It is not enough to zip tie the connector. I had to clamp it with two flat solid supports and a plastic clamp so that no movement is possible. Same with the USB plug at the PC. Just the weight of the cable messes it up as you suggest it must be supported.

After trying the Valve Index the Reverb is the best option for DCS IMO now. The Acer Ojo ConceptD may change that by the end of the year since it has the IPD adjustment that some may need but is otherwise the same as the Reverb. It will likely have new product issues as well. They all did.

Secoda, did you try to secure the cable in a similar way as I suggested earlier. I believe add one more secure point on the PC case just after USB and DP connection to your PC will help in some way, especially with a stiffer cable like it is on HP.

I don't own Reverb yet but I already decided to get one soon as will be available in Croatia. Even after all this problem, I didn't change my mind about how Reverb is not just the best buy option but it is the best option for what I want from VR.

That is why I'm fully involved in this discussion just trying to be useful and constructive.

Edited by Secoda

It auto-resizes for the display yet a high-res version is available if someone wants it. :thumbup:

Gees, you guys, have never heard of resizing before uploading?

Edited by Secoda

Just a quicks heads up if you have not updated your Drivers lately. Looked at Reverb drivers and found a new one that it has just installed.

I hope its not part of the dreaded 1903 update....

will report back.

EDIT: Just jumped into the F14 cockpit and the instruments are as readable as before, if not very slightly crisper. Just done a 2 hour mission and I'm a little hot and sweaty, so don't yet know what has changed. Don't want to wear the headset again for half an hour or so.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Does anyone know how to force 60 Hz instead of 90 Hz SteamVR? By magic, I guess mine ended up on 60Hz about a week ago. That gave me high FPS in the 70-90s. Now, I've probably touched something and it's back in the 40-50s... Not bad but I'd rather have the high ones. Only thing I know I've changed is the DCS resolution from 1024x768 to the highest.

Anyone?