Tomahawk Missiles causing a crash?

ChuckJäger

Has anyone else had an issue with Tomahawk missiles causing a crash in DCS? For the last several months, I've had a consistent issue while trying to build a mission where I launch around 60 at mission start. Once they're in flight (about 4.5 minutes in to the mission) DCS crashes, every time. Crash log attached...

dcs.log-20190124-020004.zip

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Mission/track isn't in that crash log for some reason. If you could upload a miz it'd be helpful.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

hey Grimes, Thanks for the swift reply - the track didn't save (the reason is mentioned in the crash log as being too large of a file at 14 mb)

I sent you a PM with the MIZ file if you are able to take a quick look, I'd appreciate it greatly!

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Reproduced the crash, but having issues reproducing the crash in a newly created mission. So it is difficult to figure out what precisely might be causing it. Hopefully ED can figure it out from what information is available.

BTW, mission file size could probably be optimized. Change briefing images to jpg. Could change sound files to GSM 6.10 mono. Just a thought.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Reproduced the crash, but having issues reproducing the crash in a newly created mission. So it is difficult to figure out what precisely might be causing it. Hopefully ED can figure it out from what information is available.

BTW, mission file size could probably be optimized. Change briefing images to jpg. Could change sound files to GSM 6.10 mono. Just a thought.

Thanks Grimes, I will do that!! Thank you for taking the time to mess with it. Something in this mission doesn't like the Tomahawk missile launches... I managed to reduce the number of missiles down to 4 with no crash at all. So I think it is definitely specific to the number of missiles being launched.

USN OEF OIF Veteran

I just delayed the launch of half of them until the first wave made it to their target and it worked great. There must be an issue with the amount I was trying to fire (~60), admittedly it was a lot.

USN OEF OIF Veteran